Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Re: Electric hose reel
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2008, 10:23:12 am »
Reeling in hose is easy,.. the only advantage i can see is if it's remote controlled and self layering, so it can be reeling in ahead of you while you walk back to the van. Even that would only save maybe 10 minutes a day,.. but it would have great novelty value!

jefftemperley

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2008, 04:45:43 pm »
as it happens i do have that in mind as an add on for power reel it will also control the speed so you can run to the van if you want ;D might save 20 mins a day then!!

do the math

20mins a day x 5 days = saving of 1hour 40mins mins a week
20 days a mth = saving of 6 hours 40 mins
12 months = saving of 80 hours

now time is money if your not reeling in a hose your working so turn that into money lets be sensible and say £20per hour

£30 a week
 £120per mth
 £1440

now even if you only saved ten mins a day it would still equate to you having the time to earn at least £700 and those guys that do earn more than £20 an hour should start to see the benefit of a power reel.

im hoping to retail power reel around the £500 mark, it will be made from stainless steel including the hose swivel so nothing will rust to contaminate your water.
it will have an optional hose guide and remote control and is being engineered for our industry.

bottom line by using one if you do only save ten mins a day it will still pay for itself in its first year after that its contributing to your profit
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

NWH

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2008, 04:50:50 pm »
as it happens i do have that in mind as an add on for power reel it will also control the speed so you can run to the van if you want ;D might save 20 mins a day then!!

do the math

20mins a day x 5 days = saving of 1hour 40mins mins a week
20 days a mth = saving of 6 hours 40 mins
12 months = saving of 80 hours

now time is money if your not reeling in a hose your working so turn that into money lets be sensible and say £20per hour

£30 a week
 £120per mth
 £1440

now even if you only saved ten mins a day it would still equate to you having the time to earn at least £700 and those guys that do earn more than £20 an hour should start to see the benefit of a power reel.

im hoping to retail power reel around the £500 mark, it will be made from stainless steel including the hose swivel so nothing will rust to contaminate your water.
it will have an optional hose guide and remote control and is being engineered for our industry.

bottom line by using one if you do only save ten mins a day it will still pay for itself in its first year after that its contributing to your profit
What a load of poo.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2008, 05:14:44 pm »
What a load of poo.

You should make that your signature line NWH!!

;)

jefftemperley

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2008, 05:22:22 pm »
potential is there is all im saying, if you have staff that use your time to do things other than work thats your look out

NWH.........

if you work quicker for whatever reason you will make more money, i know im faster than anyone ive seen wfp  because im working within 30 secs of pulling up at a job and and im on to the next one within 2 mins because i dont have to take anything out of the van or put it away

if your hose is reeling in as you walk back to the van its quicker if you are quicker you can make more  money.......doughnut

dmlservices

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2008, 05:24:27 pm »
v8edd uses a cordeless drill, makes me chucke whilst im sweating reeling mine back in and hes driving off down the road

yoiu work together then ?

daz

NWH

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2008, 05:50:58 pm »
potential is there is all im saying, if you have staff that use your time to do things other than work thats your look out

NWH.........

if you work quicker for whatever reason you will make more money, i know im faster than anyone ive seen wfp  because im working within 30 secs of pulling up at a job and and im on to the next one within 2 mins because i dont have to take anything out of the van or put it away

if your hose is reeling in as you walk back to the van its quicker if you are quicker you can make more  money.......doughnut
Jeff you mean donut,was that you i  saw putting the rings in the middle of em lol. ;D

jefftemperley

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2008, 06:06:54 pm »
no too busy eating round em

NWH

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2008, 06:09:02 pm »
Try munching on the ring it aint all that bad lol. :-*

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2008, 07:01:51 pm »
Let's face it those that want an electric reel will buy one and really enjoy the benefits. Those that do not want one will convince themselves that it is not worth the cost.

Who will be right? Both of course  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2008, 08:10:11 pm »
Best to email me on alex@agardiner.co.uk and I will reply off forum.

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2008, 08:52:16 pm »
I remember your saying hot was pants too. You don't think that now do you?

Sometimes it turns out what we were so certain of we are wrong about.

Keep an open mind.
Funny that Discount having posted a pic and you not replying tells me you have green eye`s. ;D

I was very impressed with the back of your van, your cage, and your new hot system.This hot, compact, and well presented system at a bargain £2,700 was not available to me when i was in the market.It now seems a very sensible choice to make.

I recall you likening my van innards to a junk yard or something similar, well not much has changed, aesthetics are important and yours does look good.

NWH

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2008, 09:24:02 pm »
I remember your saying hot was pants too. You don't think that now do you?

Sometimes it turns out what we were so certain of we are wrong about.

Keep an open mind.
Funny that Discount having posted a pic and you not replying tells me you have green eye`s. ;D

I was very impressed with the back of your van, your cage, and your new hot system.This hot, compact, and well presented system at a bargain £2,700 was not available to me when i was in the market.It now seems a very sensible choice to make.

I recall you likening my van innards to a junk yard or something similar, well not much has changed, aesthetics are important and yours does look good.

Love ya really lol. :-*

NWH

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »
Just seen them on the website Alex,i`ll ring you and let you convince me lol. ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2008, 09:41:35 pm »
The earlier pic of a reel, are they being sold by Gardiners then?

NWH

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008, 09:42:20 pm »
Yep on his website under new items.

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008, 10:03:36 pm »
It's worth the money if it works, Jeff temperleys arithmetic was right.(assuming your work is repeat domestic)

Why shouldn't it work?
Well it might not be fast enought, it needs to reel in like lightning not just at a steady plod, and as i see it you would still need one hand on the control and one guiding the hose in.

As an existing user i do have to use hose disipline and walk back to the van with the hose. To reel in the hose has to be tidy and not snag on anything.This means you have to take a bit of care.

If it works this is money better spent than on a pole.

To repeat my earlier arguments we use a machine to clean windows and the more work the machine does the better, so pure water is good, hot is even better, and an electric reel is every bit as important.

To look at the money side lets say I have gone the cheap route, but have I? makita drill at £80, £100 reel, hours of thought and experimentation. An end result that some still see as ameteurish?

mark dew

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008, 10:24:45 pm »
Reeling the hose in is the most exercise i get from wc now and it isn't hard work as long as you use your wrist instead of your arm. So i'm in the camp of not thinking it necessary at the moment.
But i am in business to make money and could easily be convinced to get one eventually. Though it would have to be compact, proven and in the low hundreds of pounds.

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2008, 10:40:35 pm »
The point I keep trying to make mark is that you are wrong and yout opinion doesn't matter a jot.

When eventually you do get one- and i do agree it has to work etc- it will be the best £600 you ever spend. However it sounds like it might be a couple of years yet before you come on here and thank me.

mark dew

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2008, 11:13:21 pm »
The point I keep trying to make mark is that you are wrong and yout opinion doesn't matter a jot.

When eventually you do get one- and i do agree it has to work etc- it will be the best £600 you ever spend. However it sounds like it might be a couple of years yet before you come on here and thank me.

When it happens i will. I promise.  ;D
I'd be happy to be wrong. And i'm sure i will be.
I'm sure i will get 1. Remember the website posts?  ;D
But where is kit concerned, i have learnt since being a member of wc forums that being a pioneer is not me. I prefer to wait and feel grateful towards people (like yourself) who tweak and refine things before a supplier takes it up and produces an off the shelf version.
Even then, things progress so quickly with wfp kit and 1st attempts always need improving. SL1 and sl2 poles are good examples that spring to mind.
So, i will sit out on an electric reel for now. But i want 1. Just haven't seen one which convinces me to get 1 yet.