This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: Electric hose reel
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2008, 04:01:04 pm »
About 130m

NWH

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2008, 04:07:05 pm »
I`ll have 2 lol. ;D

williamx

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2008, 04:11:44 pm »
All we need now is an automatic electric window cleaner to do the work;D

NWH

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2008, 04:16:32 pm »
With hot hose reeling in is not such an issue as it`s a lot easier but the idea is to make everything as easy as it can be isn`t it. ???

NWH

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2008, 04:43:07 pm »
To be honest i don`t want anything else wired up to the van i don`t find reeling in so much of a problem anyway.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2008, 05:17:17 pm »
Hmmm I used to think that about trolleys but when you actually use a pwered one going back to pushing it seems hard work. When the price drops we may all want elecy reels and elecy cleaners  :) www.electricwindowcleaner.com

jouk45

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2008, 05:48:02 pm »
this one looks good, no batteries or machinery
http://www.no-crank.com/

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2008, 05:53:43 pm »
Have had my hands on one of them Joe.

jouk45

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2008, 05:57:49 pm »
it looks really good, plus it winds in evenly, not bad, just wonder if a 100psi water pump would work it though, here one on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gphoxIML4N0
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-bjQohytuE0&feature=related

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »
At last.

Having cracked it yourself Peter just as i did a year ago and now having played about with it you are beginning to see the light. Hallelula.

Yes, you were quite negative and ignorant to the benefits that an electric reel might have but have fully redeemed yourself by saying that you now see the benefits as so fundamental as to fit one as standard to every new system you install.

This will be the industry norm and standard and you are the first supplier to respond to this.This isn't a subject for debate it's just a fact.Those who prefer to continue to slog their guts out without one will get left behind. Those who employ will find more work gets done and the lads will be happier.

Good for you.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2008, 08:58:30 pm »

Did you find that a WFP pump was powerful enough to reel it back in. I almost ordered one a couple of years ago, but thought that it wouldn't work.

NWH

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2008, 09:04:42 pm »
At last.

Having cracked it yourself Peter just as i did a year ago and now having played about with it you are beginning to see the light. Hallelula.

Yes, you were quite negative and ignorant to the benefits that an electric reel might have but have fully redeemed yourself by saying that you now see the benefits as so fundamental as to fit one as standard to every new system you install.

This will be the industry norm and standard and you are the first supplier to respond to this.This isn't a subject for debate it's just a fact.Those who prefer to continue to slog their guts out without one will get left behind. Those who employ will find more work gets done and the lads will be happier.

Good for you.
I wonder why he`s the first 1 to look into it,it wouldn`t be £ signs would it lol.I know for a fact he`s not the first 1 to look into it and to make it look top notch it will cost £`sss,i wouldn`t buy 1 if it looked like a drill or anything DIY.

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2008, 09:35:14 pm »
I remember your saying hot was pants too. You don't think that now do you?

Sometimes it turns out what we were so certain of we are wrong about.

Keep an open mind.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2008, 09:45:38 pm »
NWH, £ signs have quite a lot to do with it, I must admit I do like getting paid for working, it keeps me going.  I also like things that save time and water, as these are the most important things in our industry.  The more time saved, the more work done, the more money earned.  And the more water saved, the more work done, the more money earned.

I have been off work in my bed all this week so have not had the chance to do the couple of modifications needed to make it more efficient, but I will hopefully do it at the beginning of next week.

Because of the new rules on the forum I can't post a link to the video I will be doing, but I will have a link from my forum as soon as I have done it.

I must admit though it is probably the easiest thing I have worked on to date, with everything just falling into place.  It will be a very easy DIY project for anyone.

Peter

ftp

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2008, 10:06:23 pm »

Keep an open mind.

Hot pants? my minds just woken up!

NWH

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2008, 10:43:24 pm »

Keep an open mind.
I`ve already tried this electric drill thingy months ago when you first posted about it i went and got all the bits from screwfix and it nearly broke my wrist,yes i now have hot water but it`s a fact it`s better and there`s no argument there. but as for an electric reel yes it might have some benefit but not enough for me.On a lot of my work the hose hardly ever gets snagged and the reason is i know the layout with my eye`s closed now,if your hose does manage to get caught up on something an electric reel is of no use to cure that problem.My advise to anyone would be to get hot water reeling in becomes a peice of pee,your hose goes like jelly and goes exactly where you want it to go.

NWH

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2008, 10:45:44 pm »

Keep an open mind.
Funny that Discount having posted a pic and you not replying tells me you have green eye`s. ;D

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2008, 11:48:10 pm »

I`ve already tried this electric drill thingy months ago when you first posted about it i went and got all the bits from screwfix and it nearly broke my wrist,yes i now have hot water but it`s a fact it`s better and there`s no argument there. but as for an electric reel yes it might have some benefit but not enough for me.On a lot of my work the hose hardly ever gets snagged and the reason is i know the layout with my eye`s closed now,if your hose does manage to get caught up on something an electric reel is of no use to cure that problem.My advise to anyone would be to get hot water reeling in becomes a peice of pee,your hose goes like jelly and goes exactly where you want it to go.

Firstly I would agree about not holding the drill in your hand, some of the more powerful drills can take quite a bite when they catch. Mines has a little lever that is not attached to the drill, this stops, starts, and regulates the speed.

An electric hose reel isn't there to stop, or help if your hose gets snagged, it would be more beneficial to you now if you don't get snagged. 

I think the hot water is more for another topic and doesn't really have anything to do with the hose being electric or not. it still has to be reeled in.

Peter

NWH

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2008, 11:51:23 pm »
My point is that if you use hot water you won`t need to waste money on something that is no more than a drill,whatever you use basically that`s what it`ll be.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2008, 11:55:07 pm »
My point is, you still have to reel in 100m of hose whether the water is hot or cold.

Peter