This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: Electric hose reel
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2008, 11:16:03 pm »
it really does need a auto guide to lay the hose on the reel, doesnt it

that would i guess save a little time

ftp

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2008, 08:57:52 am »
I think a system that reeled in "like lightning" could have some health and safety issues, having been on the end of a spitting cobra type attack from my snap fit connector the other day. Your hose presentation would need to be perfect before pressing the button. Mine often arrives at the back of my van like spagetti with the pole hose wrapped up in the microbore too. I think for me the time saved reeling in would be offset by the time lost laying my hose out for the perfect windup. Good idea, but for me poles are far more important. I can see it working well on commercial jobs though, where a reel might be out to the max with just a car park to cover.

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2008, 09:22:04 am »
The time spent reeling in with the electric reel isnt time saved. Its time spent reeling the hose in. It doesnt necessarily equate to time saved.

As others have said, its the most exercise I get now I do WFP, so now if I get an electric reel I'll have to go out 5 times a week for 30 minutes on each occasion jogging to get some aerobic exercise so my cholesterol doesnt go sky high and I die from heart disease.

I stick to my bit of exercise guys, time saved isnt always a good thing.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2008, 12:55:23 pm »
Time is money, and I can't believe some of the excuses being branded about for not going electric.

Maybe we should all get our ladders back out, ditch our squeegee's, and go back to our chamois and scrim.  May as well ditch the van as well and get the old handcart out, these vans must be really unhealthy. We may be a bit healthier after the above, but we would have to be, to be able to work enough hours to earn a living.

Peter

jefftemperley

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2008, 03:08:29 pm »
peter

i was starting to worry that window cleaners are as daft as people think??  most of the guys opposing it are wfp as well.
i remember on severall occasions trad guys scoffing at me with wfp then after ive done 3 houses while 2 of them are still working on their first in the same street........ they go wfp.

when my power reel is ready i think they will all go electric all be it on the quiet!

bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

jefftemperley

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2008, 03:55:36 pm »
it has been said before that the people who will benefit most are repeat domestic guys who are doing 20 plus jobs a day.
for those that do  large commercial it would be a luxury rather than a machine which improves daily output

i like having the best kit i can afford but only spend money on gear that makes my work either easier ,quicker or both.

an electric reel can do both.  fact.
if you ask the guys who already use them they have the benefit of experience and i havent heard one of them say it wasnt easier and faster or that they are going back to hand cranking.

ftp

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2008, 04:10:19 pm »
I think Alex's post was spot on to be honest.  ;)

ftp

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2008, 04:44:01 pm »
This electric reel is available and costs about £525 +VAT

What happens if you have an electrical fault?
Can you hand crank the hose in or will you be cranking a dead motor around too?

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2008, 06:15:37 pm »
This electric reel is available and costs about £525 +VAT

What happens if you have an electrical fault?
Can you hand crank the hose in or will you be cranking a dead motor around too?

Good point!

This thread is getting silly though, a lot like the older posts about ladders vs WFP!

(Or even like those that laughed at those who started using squeegees!)

Come back to convince the crew about the benefits of Elec H/Reel when it's being manufactured, and available at a reasonable price!  Then everyone will buy one, and will probably laugh at those who don't!

(IMHO!)  :-*

jefftemperley

« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2008, 06:17:24 pm »
 it can be designed to have a hand crank as back up

dmlservices

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2008, 06:24:37 pm »
i think alex sums it up the best , those who chose to buy will find it great , and will justify the  expense :).
however , those who stick to  hand reeling , will also find it great ( that they have not spent £100,s) ;)
in the end it is what you  are willing to spend.... to clean windows . ;)

daz