This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

YWCS

. New
« on: December 02, 2008, 01:59:48 pm »

jaykie

Re: The reason this job sucks!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:02:57 pm »
£20 in and out no way

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 02:07:31 pm »
i would say in and out probably about an hour or an hour and a halfs work so realistically it can be done for £20 if the firm wants the work just to help cover wages and gain extra jobs, me myself would probably charge about £25 +v.a.t
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Jimmy1

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 02:09:12 pm »
What sort of drugs are these people taking! I know theres a credit crunch but anyone quoting only £20 for this job is having a laugh  :o

jaykie

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 02:19:29 pm »
They shouldnt of even given a quote as the company had a cleaner, a mate of mine was poling the front of a house the other day and a w/c put a leaflet throught the door he was working on.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 02:56:07 pm »
For doing the insides and outsides + the 4 windows I would charge £40 minimum and that is not including the 6 partitions on the inside! I would need to see them.
The person that is quoting £20 would soon realise his mistake and would end up letting the customer down by dumping them!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 03:03:43 pm »
I'm still getting to grips with pricing it seems but i would have quoted £50 - £60. £20 for the outsides and £30 or 40 for the insides. Depending on access to the glass form the inside. 

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 03:15:44 pm »
it sounds better than the reality.
Double for the inside would be a bonus which i might or might not have the balls to ask for if i was on the spot.
But the last quote i gave for a commercial quote was the same for the outsides. I didn't think i could get double the outside price, though it would take me at least twice as long.
It's easier to sit behind my monitor and say i would...... but if i was there any figure from £40 up could come out of my mouth.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 03:50:51 pm »
There is an office cleaning company near me that has a large staff, they all get low wage, about 6 pound an hour, but the offices, and there are plenty get a very low fee.  I sent one of my customers their way and the price was so cheap that they thought the monthly price was a weekly price.

Point is that if you charge low, most of the time you can get the work even if your staff do a rubbish job.  Looks like the same thing might be happening with window cleaning.  By the way the guy at the top is well loaded.

Simon.

steve a

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »
£35 to £45

jaykie

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 04:05:42 pm »
They shouldnt of even given a quote as the company had a cleaner, a mate of mine was poling the front of a house the other day and a w/c put a leaflet throught the door he was working on.

cheeky sod >:(

I guess we can't stop people putting a price in, even if they do know they have someone, but I personally wouldn't do it.

I did consider going to the jobs that they do on the same industrial estate, but at those prices I don't think I would get them!

Its actually a female w/c but it seems there not doing too well at making friends at the mo with there tactics, and i know quite a few w/c round here as we all speak and sometimes work with each other i believe this s the best way.

matt cloud

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 04:09:07 pm »
i wouuld price at £50-£60 to :)

jaykie

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 04:13:42 pm »
I think ill stick to 4 storey town houses for £20 then do jobs like that in and out.

Chris

seandyer2003

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 04:57:49 pm »
For doing the insides and outsides + the 4 windows I would charge £40 minimum and that is not including the 6 partitions on the inside! I would need to see them.
The person that is quoting £20 would soon realise his mistake and would end up letting the customer down by dumping them!

Not if they are paying staff £6 an hour, = £12 wages, £8 left, before you say what about sick pay holiday pay bla bla bla, they will cover the cost of that over thousands of jobs a year, so this will make them £8, if they have a lad doing 10 a day, or less, still profit, x by ten employees, soon making a few hundred quid a day, you wouldnt wanna work like that, but some firms do and they arent always small....

NWH

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 05:00:58 pm »
£20 made me chuckle that did,if there stupid enough to take someone on that`s willing to do that kind of job for 20 notes then i`d let them.It wouldn`t even be worth opening the back doors for.

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 05:03:29 pm »
I'm still getting to grips with pricing it seems but i would have quoted £50 - £60. £20 for the outsides and £30 or 40 for the insides. Depending on access to the glass form the inside. 

Id go along the same lines.. no wonder i dont get any commercial, but for silly money id rather not do commercial and stick to residential.

barry80

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 05:49:33 pm »
I would do it for £25 Ive just done one like it last week . Been window cleaning 23 years, And trad. :) remember there is a credit crunch lads. ;D
hello.

seandyer2003

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 06:20:22 pm »
i priced a commercial last week at 175, and that was barely 25 an hour, got a call from sub saying its too dear, so gave a list of options, the cheapest being 100 a month for inside/outside alternately, and some other that are a bit more......anyway no reply, i dont think they will either, got me thinking, i dont want shoddy commercial if its not similar price to domestic, so the only way to get round that is employ and charge less per hour, less profit margin, but more work, and at a cheaper rate then joe bloggs sole trader you will get more work.....something to think about :)