This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

guttervac question
« on: December 01, 2008, 03:41:32 pm »
what times of year seem to get the most enquiries for this service? think i will mainly stick to domestic for now.  is it soon as the leaves start to drop or all year round?

Re: guttervac question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 04:03:41 pm »
I would have thought mainly around or after the fall. But i suppose its a year round job in essence, as there are a lot of moss, sandy filled gutters about.

I intend to really promote it next year, i will be getting a trailer and a towbar fitted to van, a generator and a waste license, so will need to recoup my outlay.

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 04:36:56 pm »
same here chris, im getting the gear next year as im skint now, im hoping to push it so im busy in the winter insteaf of quiet!  what system you getting?  think im going diy but may get omnivac if flush! ;D

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 06:10:34 pm »
ive already done the diy version - same time as ftp, but i kept it quite as ive not really used it as ive not  had the custom generally for gutter cleaning.

Its a matter of proper marketing. Im working on a few projects - which the gutter clearance is one of them and intend to get all the services and flyers, new website etc ready for the new year.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 08:41:09 pm »
I started cleaning my window cleaning customers, couple of friends then a couple of their neighbours then a few i had put a card through the door. There seems to be a fair bit of work out there as long as your pricing is reasonable. I've had some commercial interest but nothing confirmed yet. The trouble with residential work will be your competition - a guy on a ladder or the householders son or relative. It could take a few jobs to recoup your substantial outlay plus you need to fit them into your window cleaning round.

trevor povey

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:26:34 pm »
calm it down kevin you will never sleep tonight!! ;)

drive surgeon

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 11:54:08 am »
its good that kevin r is on here as he has given us gutter virgins some valuable info on what is envolved.  he is  "omnivac man"   ;D  i go through all his replies to get info on what i need. cheers kev  ;)

ftp

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 05:36:07 pm »
Yes he's brilliant - gave me loads of advice, without him i would never have got into gutter cleaning.  ;)

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 05:45:04 pm »
still dont know if its diy or omnivac for me> :(