Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave123

three price cleaning leaflet
« on: December 01, 2008, 12:14:45 pm »
Has anyone on this site ever tried leaflets with three different prices such as bronze /silver /gold clean .Bronze being a basic clean and trying to remove all stains ,silver as bronze but with the addition of deodoriser and sanitiser, and gold being the same as silver with a protector. If so what response did you get ? I know someone who does this and he has 3 cleaners doing 5 jobs a day for him .

Re: three price cleaning leaflet
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 12:22:01 pm »
i have thought about doing it, but then decided not too, i try to do an excellent job every time, not half or a quarter job,
but may work for some people

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 01:01:47 pm »
Never considered it although i have been asked .......... told them i only do THOROUGH  ;D

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 01:23:48 pm »
There's only one way to find out if it's going to work, and that's to try it out! Personally, I always sanitise and use a deoderiser regardless!... I don't offer stain protection as yet as I'd like to do some kind of course first. But even then I could only offer 2 services.

This guy who employs 3 cleaners doing 5 jobs a day is obviously happy that it works for him. What have you got to loose?

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 03:42:05 pm »
I would like to know what sanatising is ?

can anybody tell me ?

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:44:35 pm »
the leaflet will get too complicated with  package prices on it, best to leave it until you get in front of the customer.

package pricing has nothing to do with  doing half a job or not being thorough, its about giving the customer the right to chose what the level of service they require.

all of us do it anyhow, but don't have a written formula for it.

My second job today was a T/L HSL & 2 bedrooms. The T/L was protected the HSL was cleaned and only the hallways was protected, the bedrooms where cleaned no protection and one was just cleaned around the bed.

according to Chris & Russel this customer only got 'half a job' and I wasn't 'thorough'

I say she got exactly what she needed and more important what she chose.

Dave package pricing is an effective marketing tool and works well, but don't put it on a leaflet

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 03:56:12 pm »
No Mike, thats not what i mean, i clean to one standard (pre-survey, pre vac, pre spray, rinse & groom) thats my clean,
if the customer requires any other service ie protection or doedorising etc etc, then thats extra.
I dont do a bronze silver etc.
Obviously the price varies from house to house and carpet to carpet, but i dont advertise the fact.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »
but that's what  Dave is suggesting doing a good job but offering extras, but he is calling it gold, silver, bronze just because someone chooses the bronze doesn't mean they get an inferior clean
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 06:03:40 pm »
It's that age old arguement infering that different packages offer different quality.When you clean a carpet do you always wash the skirting boards as you go and apply protector all in with the price?

All depends on what you are offering to what the customer wants, if they want above and beyond they have to pay extra.

Go into a barbers and ask for a hair cut, now they ask you "restyle or trim, wet cut or dry", are they ofering you a poor cut if you ask for a dry cut and straight forward trim? (Chris and Mike need not answer this ;D)

Shaun

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 06:21:15 pm »
I use hair analogies all the time  ::)
Thorough means doing all that i can to the areas/items the customer requests ....... round items or 'just freshen up the arms, is all the same and that is not strictly cutting corners  ;)

derek west

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 07:12:40 pm »
shaun
they never give me them options!!
all they ask me is "mr sheen". ;D
derek

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 07:35:04 pm »
Don't use a cationic deodouriser with new or existing protectors.

Safe and happy protecting :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

dave123

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 07:42:32 pm »
Thanks for the feed back guys . I think I'll give it a go as i have nothing to lose . I thought with the way things are financially for people it would be good to give them a choice of how much they would like to pay to keep their furnishings clean .

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 07:48:22 pm »
For leaflets, simply use the word.......FROM

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 07:49:04 pm »
I once saw a leaflet with Gold Silver Bronze from a half price cleaner, it really did bring the prices back up I can imagine it doing quite well.

Shaun

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 07:57:34 pm »
I've used bracketing as a sales approach in CC and previously and it works very well.

But what I've noticed is people seem to think its so you can offer a menu of options with them quite possibly going for the cheapest. In fact the whole point is that it's comparitive and the idea is to 'show up' the cheap option as  crap and most people will go for the middle option.

OK some will suprise you and go for Gold and you do catch the cheapskates you would otherwise have lost at one price. But the intent is for them NOT to take the cheap otion.

derek west

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 08:13:30 pm »
ian gourley does it, check out his website, looks good.
derek

ollie

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 08:35:22 pm »
Ive tried 4 different leaflets in 3 years and I always get the same response regardless....3-5 booked jobs per thousand. I reckon if you wrote "carpet cleaner" on a piece of paper with a pen and put your phone number on you would get the same return. When my brother was running his business in worthing he was getting the same response rate as me with the same leaflet, though Worthing is far more affluent than where I am. If someone is thinking of having their carpet cleaned they will ring regardless, if they are not its straight in the bin.
ollie

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 08:37:51 pm »
iv'e tried various ways too, and your right! pretty much the same whatever you put on it, as long as it looks half decent of course