Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

henryroberts

camera system for guttervac
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:40:45 am »
Morning gentlemen

looking at adding the camera system to my omnivac system,now we know omnipole want around £850 for their system, so Im looking t alternative suggestions b4 making a decision which way to go...here is my considerations..

a.  do omniploe sell a system were its possible just to view the inside of the gutters from ground level,as I'M not looking at getting involved with passing back on a DVD recording of my work .

b. how do you attach alternative systems to the pole,  to view the guttering, as a lot of my work will be 25/30 foot from ground level..and it will need to be secure.

c. does omnipoles system give a clear picture of what is inside of the guttering.

All feedback will be appreciated  cheers  Henry

c.

lovewindows

Re: camera system for guttervac
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:14:58 am »
I'm looking at Guttervac and camera , but i've seen a camera at Maplins £40 which i was going to link to my camcorder not done it yet but can't see any problems , so for £40 worth locking at.
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

lovewindows

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:05:26 pm »
[
 I wonder why they didnt go to Maplins  ;D

Probably because the're not looking at mucky gutters  ;D.
I'm not decrying the quality of your camera systems but when your looking to see "is it clean ?" or "is it dirty ?" the pixal resolution isn't of vast importance.
I am suprised you dont offer a budget camera system that will "do the job" ? .Actually why dont you ?
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

henryroberts

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:49:06 pm »
I'm looking at Guttervac and camera , but i've seen a camera at Maplins £40 which i was going to link to my camcorder not done it yet but can't see any problems , so for £40 worth locking at.

HI DI HI HO DI OH...(just got off Maplins site) ;D ;D

they do a system with camera and monitor at £200 all in....are any lads on here using this system??

if so is this more than adequate for the job in hand...cheers.

ps glyn  does yr camera system fix into the end of a powerpole???

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 06:29:35 pm »
This is the specification for our new camera with a Panosonic chipset previous cameras we have used/ supplied used Sony or Sharp chipsets the latest Panasonic is higher Lux and the low operating Ma requirement is a real bonus.
We have supplied special units of the  Met Police with our camera systems, I wonder why they didnt go to Maplins  ;D

Shutter Speed  PAL : 1/50¡­1/100,000 sec
Gamma correction r=0.45
White balance 2100¢ªK ¡­8200¢ªK Auto 
Gain control 4dB~30dB Auto
Smear Effect 0.005%
MTBF 80,000 hours
Power source DC12V (Tolerence:10V~15V)
Image sensor Version " HR " : High resolution, 1/3" Panasonic CCD
 Low 100Ma power requirement 
Min. Illumination Version " HR " : 0.2 Lux at F2.0 

Effective Pixels PAL : 752(H)X582(V)
H.Resolution 480 TV Lines
Synchronizing system Internal
Scanning system PAL 625 Lines 2:1 Interlaced
Video output 1.0Vp-p Composite. 75 Ohms
S/N ratio More then 50 dB (AGC Off)
BLC Automatic

Glyn, you really do put me off every buying anything from you with your arrogant attitude. Your business would see an increase in turnover if you simply kept your mouth firmly shut.

biggs

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 07:35:39 pm »
nah then henry last time you went near someones house with a camerayou ended up in court . just be careful this time .bit of free advice for ya get up aladder and have a look  ;)

matt

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 07:41:55 pm »
this camera discussion comes around every few weeks

let face it, you dont need the highest res camera's to show a client if the gutter is clean or dirty ? ?  ?

let be honest now, a basic CCTV setup would let even the fussiest clients / person to see what shape the gutters are in

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 07:57:30 pm »
can not fault there camera they r the nuts

jerry

ftp

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:18:51 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=62740.0

If you search hard enough cctv cameras and monitors with built in rechargeables can be found.
Mine has been fine for inspection  ;)

Glyn doesn't like me either  ;D

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 08:45:48 pm »
GLYN

can not fault there camera they r the nuts

i just praised you for your camera

jerry

henryroberts

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 08:56:22 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=62740.0

If you search hard enough cctv cameras and monitors with built in rechargeables can be found.
Mine has been fine for inspection  ;)

Glyn doesn't like me either  ;D

ftp if u don,t mind me asking how much did u give for yr camera and monitor screen the one I saw on Maplins site was £2oo,and was for external use.... weather that meant waterproof I,m not sure as the young girl didn,t seem to know..ps hows yr camera system holding up???

ftp

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 09:05:18 pm »
Can't see the one i bought any more - it was a camera and monitor bundle for less than a hundred pounds (i think). Standing up fine no problems yet. You don't really need one for residential but it's handy and the customers love it!

ftp

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 09:10:31 pm »
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223420

Found it! It's not on special offer at the moment there may be others.  :)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 09:11:36 pm »
Glyn,

I use an Ionics gutter vac and am happy using it because it runs on diesel and is compact enough to fit in my van. However, I'm not impressed with the 3 inch tubing for reaching the guttering. Can you sell your guttering poles with a connection made up to fit from your poles onto Ionics 3 inch flexible gutter hose so that I wouldn't need to use Ionics 3inch tubing pole? If you can I'd be very interested in a price for either a 30 or 36ft pole with all necessary connections to adapt to my Ionics Upkeeper. Email easycleanwayne@msn.com

*Derek*

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 09:28:10 pm »
Glynn,

What powers the Camera and Reciever? Is there wires etc?

henryroberts

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 09:53:51 pm »
rousing post young kevin ;)...also are there no wires dangling down yr pole from the camera to the monitor??

ftp

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 09:58:36 pm »
Splendid post, except the question wasn't which one was the best. of course the £850 camera is better -  no question. Same as an Slx pole will always be better than a Harris pole but they both can do a similar job.

henryroberts

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 10:03:40 pm »
good post young kevin ;)...also are there no wires dangling down yr pole from the camera to the monitor??

The Omnipole camera is wired. But to prevent interference it is necessary to be wired. However I set the pole up in the morning and connect the wire to the pole with velcro straps and bobs your uncle and fanny is your aunt for the rest of the day. The DVD stays in my pocket though and with one simple connection I'm ready to go again.

SOLD YOUNG KEVIN ;) 

ftp

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 10:25:45 pm »
I understand exactly where your coming from Kevin so why didn't you take your own advice when you started? It's because we all have to start somewhere, now if my business takes the same route as yours then i will be in the same position to give the same advice like "waste £500 on an over complicated camera, waste another £380 on the same generator. Remember you were in the same position as the majority on here. Sure when we can boast of earning £5000 a month like yourself then we can come out with the same belittling posts as you and your sidekick.  ;)

henryroberts

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 10:28:21 pm »
kevin

can u advise me on a pressure washer... your input would be appreciated as gennys,powerwashes,cameras my eads in bits with all this confusion!!.....I may also have some work down south that If I get I will pass onto yrself for your help...on behalf of us all!! ;) ;)