This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

Re: camera system for guttervac
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 04:31:20 pm »
is he based in south port? ???

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 04:55:59 pm »
Hi Drive Surgeon,

Yes, we're not far from you.  Why not pop over and see for yourself?

Andrew

ftp

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 05:03:02 pm »
That'll stir things up no end.  :o

lovewindows

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 05:14:36 pm »
Suggest you have a look at our camera system, which is far better than the Maplin system, and includes a lightweight pole, and is excellent value for money.  See http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/NEW_PRODUCT_RANGE_-_WFP_GUTTER_CLEANING_SYSTEM.html
Whats the camera sytem spec Andrew your website doesn't give any?
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

STEVE-UK

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 05:44:57 pm »
andrews water - the gutter hook looks a bit pricy, do you get a pole with it or is it a mistake

drive surgeon

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 06:43:13 pm »
andrew do you sell any other things like gutter vacuums?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 11:07:42 pm »
Is there a "GutterVac" logo going round yet for putting on the van livery?

I reckon a well designed pictorially descriptive logo would be a great marketing aid for a service which the average householder hasn't seen in action yet,...

Is the term "Guttervac" trademarked yet like "Reach & Wash" is?

*Derek*

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2008, 12:03:39 am »
Nat, Did you see my logo?  ;D

G & M

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 12:17:31 am »
Glyn I have bought your gutter vac system and generator. The vac  is ok and the genny I still haven't used . But having read your posts here I will be a lot slower buying from you again as I find your attidude to be insulting to guys starting out who may not be able to afford off the shelf systems. I believe that everyone wants the best gear and will buy it as and when they can afford it. I have a diy water fed pole system and poles from Gardiners and Sure Clean and everything works fine. I also think that everyone should be able to make their own systems and for that matter poles. And while you may have come up with the gutter vac system you didn't invent the vac or for that matter the wheel

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2008, 12:23:57 am »

Are you Derek from that other forum? :P

ftp

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 07:32:47 am »
Is there a "GutterVac" logo going round yet for putting on the van livery?

I reckon a well designed pictorially descriptive logo would be a great marketing aid for a service which the average householder hasn't seen in action yet,...

Is the term "Guttervac" trademarked yet like "Reach & Wash" is?

What a good idea! Maybe it should just read "suckers"  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2008, 07:43:07 am »

Saw you logo,.. its a good one!
Did you get it done professionally?

Andy's one is very pro looking too,.. it'd be hard to choose between them!

Glyn I have bought your gutter vac system and generator. The vac  is ok and the genny I still haven't used . But having read your posts here I will be a lot slower buying from you again as I find your attidude to be insulting to guys starting out who may not be able to afford off the shelf systems. I believe that everyone wants the best gear and will buy it as and when they can afford it. I have a diy water fed pole system and poles from Gardiners and Sure Clean and everything works fine. I also think that everyone should be able to make their own systems and for that matter poles. And while you may have come up with the gutter vac system you didn't invent the vac or for that matter the wheel

Very well said Michael,.. agree with you 100%.

I'll have to pop down someday and have a look at your guttervac,... I'm going to have to get one myself soon, and its nice to see what you're getting before you buy,.... even if I do end up buying a "ripped off, stolen, thieved, copyright infringed, evil" non-omnivac one!!

:) :)

STEVE-UK

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 08:10:43 am »

ditto, i have bought the vac and camera kit from omnipole, i too would be reluctant to buy from them again with glyns attitude,

The after service isnt that clever either, i phoned up stating the tabs have fallen off the clamps and there reply was' it has happened to anyone else in 18 months. no offer of replacements

the flexible necks keep moving when working, every 10 metres or so, so you have to keep pushing them up by pushing on the guttering, mine now keeps falling off , it comes apart in the same place every time, its fallen to the ground and broken 2 nozzles. i phoned them up, and guess what the reply was. yep ' it hasnt happened to anyone else in 18 months'
I needed a nozzlefor another job so i had to order one,  it came very quickly along with an invoice.

If your going to buy ones of these kits so you get the after care service, think again.

*Derek*

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 09:23:59 am »

Are you Derek from that other forum? :P

Yeah, I want to change name on here but d'ont know who to get on to as there is no pm's.

Saw you logo,.. its a good one!
Did you get it done professionally?

Yeah i got a company to make it for me. I have it on my clothing flyers etc as i was trading as that for few months.  It was a fun type logo.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 09:48:19 am »
Kev - maybe they keep you happy as you test there gear , but the aftersales in my experience is poor , on the other hand if i were to purchase an item it would be next day

I bought the camera and 48 ft vac kit and accesories for 3k, there was nothing to explain how to put it together although it was simple enough.

the Jubilee clips would require a simple spot weld to solve this problem but at 3k i thought this would be done, as this has happened to you kev and you test there equipment they obviously know its a problem

matt

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 10:04:50 am »

The way some of you jump on Glyn when he comes on here is unfair I feel. He has a discussion with one person the another 10 turn up who have taken no part so far and slate him for not inventing the vacuum itself.

he should be ok, he will allways  have you to defend him   ::)

*Derek*

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2008, 10:46:17 am »

the Jubilee clips would require a simple spot weld to solve this problem but at 3k i thought this would be done, as this has happened to you kev and you test there equipment they obviously know its a problem

I was also on to omnipole about this so your not alone. It wasn't really a big deal and now i am spot welding them as i get them from omnipole.

twt

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2008, 12:50:31 pm »
Glyn i think your problem on this site is a large number (not all) of folks are in the same position as myself, sole traders with no employees who started of trad and are used to low overheads and a large percentage of their turnover being profit. It is quite difficult to adjust from having very low costs for equipment and supplies to spending thousands. My choices are to cut costs and increase my profits and have more money for personal use or invest in equipment and plan to use it to increase turnover, this leads to another problem.
    I would like a gutter vac but the problem is this my customers are used to having their gutters cleaned out cheaply a typical domestic gutter job for me would take 45 minutes to an hour involve the gutters  emptied (from a ladder)facias being cleaned and cost the customer around about £30 with both parties happy. If i were to purchase a gutter vac and the needed equipment it would no longer be cost effective at my current rates,  would the customer accept the price increase? What is the alternative? after looking at your site i notice that your system apears to be a mixture of off the shelf products and bespoke so an option is to puchase the bespoke items from yourself and get the off the shelf items from else where cheaper.
   This is probably why there are a large number of diyers on this forum because can be hard to get a customer base used to paying prices which they aren't used to so we have to keep our outlay on equipment low.

matt

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2008, 01:02:35 pm »
Glyn i think your problem on this site is a large number (not all) of folks are in the same position as myself, sole traders with no employees who started of trad and are used to low overheads and a large percentage of their turnover being profit. It is quite difficult to adjust from having very low costs for equipment and supplies to spending thousands. My choices are to cut costs and increase my profits and have more money for personal use or invest in equipment and plan to use it to increase turnover, this leads to another problem.
    I would like a gutter vac but the problem is this my customers are used to having their gutters cleaned out cheaply a typical domestic gutter job for me would take 45 minutes to an hour involve the gutters  emptied (from a ladder)facias being cleaned and cost the customer around about £30 with both parties happy. If i were to purchase a gutter vac and the needed equipment it would no longer be cost effective at my current rates,  would the customer accept the price increase? What is the alternative? after looking at your site i notice that your system apears to be a mixture of off the shelf products and bespoke so an option is to puchase the bespoke items from yourself and get the off the shelf items from else where cheaper.
   This is probably why there are a large number of diyers on this forum because can be hard to get a customer base used to paying prices which they aren't used to so we have to keep our outlay on equipment low.

the main problem is, for the guttervac, you can source the exact same parts and just put them together in a few hours and save yourself alot of money

for the camera, you just need to show the customer what state they are in AND / OR how clean they are after you have finished, a camera on a pole will show that, it doenst need to be HD, im sure even a black and white image would be good enough, afterall thats what the drain camera's used to be ( infact some still are )

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2008, 01:21:46 pm »

the main problem is, for the guttervac, you can source the exact same parts and just put them together in a few hours and save yourself alot of money

for the camera, you just need to show the customer what state they are in AND / OR how clean they are after you have finished, a camera on a pole will show that, it doenst need to be HD, im sure even a black and white image would be good enough, afterall thats what the drain camera's used to be ( infact some still are )

TBH, its easier now as we have all helped each other find various fixings and parts. But if one person who doesn;t know what to look for is trying a collate and fix it yourself, then i guess it would take a lot longer then a few hours to source.

Then you have to wait for them all to arrive from different places - make various trips to the courier depots to collect what you missed whilst you wer out working. So buying an off the self product is a lot simpler - but obviously you pay more for it.