Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

minus 5
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:11:56 am »
minus 5 outside this morning, good job i put the oil rad in me van, hope you guys took precautions. its gonna be a cold cold week by the looks of it. just wondering how to fill up with water as the hose pipe is frozen, eek! luckily (or unluckily) no jobs today just quotes so i'm not panicking just yet.
good luck starting ya vans lads.
derek
ps
BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

John Gregory

Re: minus 5
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 08:23:42 am »
same as you Derek put quilts on me machine last night and a heater in the van went to fill up and my hose pipe is frozen solid 

John

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:00:47 am »
-5? I'm glad I moved to Cornwall!

Scorchio!

JandS

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:08:19 am »
It is a bit nippy this morning but the old Porty is fine.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:31:17 pm »
Van ok but hosepipe froze this morning.

Bucket job to 3/4 fill the tank - back to the porty days  ???

M.Acorn

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 01:36:31 pm »
Close didn`t realise it was going to be so cold out,currently 8 dec c in my house upstairs  ;) wish i had central heating !
Machine was ok just a light frost on my windows.Van heater turned up this morning ,so out to put that in now,hope it lasts longer than the last one i put in ,which broke about 2 weeks after the warranty went  >:(
What goes around comes around

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 01:37:04 pm »
that's why i fill up the night before ;D ;D too many times I've had the hosepipe in the bath thawing it out so i can fill my tank :-\
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:15:52 pm »
just bought a spare hose, to be kept in doors, just in case,
derek

tony harrison

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 03:21:09 pm »
As Mike  ( night before, old hands at it) also  cover water hose assemble with an old duvet and black bin liner over it fastened with a bungie clip

Tony

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 03:48:21 pm »
that's why i fill up the night before ;D ;D too many times I've had the hosepipe in the bath thawing it out so i can fill my tank :-\

Goog idea Mike.

I will get the wife out just after tea tonight before it gets too cold for her  :D

clinton

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 03:51:32 pm »
Joe ;D

Lucky i have a garage but the pump on my porti has frozen up before in the past ::)

JandS

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 03:59:56 pm »
Check your wands and handtools as well make sure they're water free end of last job of day, bet something could blow on them as well if they froze up overnight.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 04:37:35 pm »
I have an electric panel heater (400w) for the van.

The best heater I have is a green house heater where not much heat is needed, just enough to keep plants above freezing. Switches on and off at very low settings but a continuous fan circulating the air in the van. Kept the driver cab area frost free as well even with plywood barrier as there are lots of gaps at sides.

Unfortunatelt this unit produces a small spark when thermostat shuts off - and with a petrol engined truck mount that has a carburettor (lets off fumes) then its too risky to leave this in the van.

I can use it in the morning though (after vans doors have been opened to let out petrol fumes) to defrost inside windscreen like this morning.

derek west

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 04:44:21 pm »
ive got an oil filled rad joe, delonghi, with frost free, keeps the van at 5 degrees c, cable through the letter box and straight to the van, about a £1 a night in electric, does the job. argos £69.99 if anyones interested.
derek

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 04:52:59 pm »
Which model is it Derek

derek west

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 05:47:44 pm »
dragon HM3,
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=DELONGHI+DRAGON&Submit=GO+%3E
sure i only paid £69.99, might of got mine from curries, old age, getting forgetfull jim, errr john errr joe.

david.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 06:24:04 pm »
I always do my van at night, whether it be fill it up with water or fuel so in a morning I can just concentraye on my work load also if I over lay I can hopefully not lose any time, not that i over lay my mind starts working over time about 6am in the morning it's the curse of being a genius so they tell me ::)

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »
it's the curse of being a genius so they tell me ::)
Shaun

;D ;D ;D that ws so funny Shaun.  :D

Dave_Lee

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 06:45:11 pm »
wands, tools and hose pipe, all in the van overnight with heater on, so nothing gets frozen up. Dont forget the chems as well, some are no use after they have been frozen. Outside tap was frozen this morning, but a kettle of boiled water poured over it, soon had it flowing.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ricky M

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 07:52:12 pm »
1st winter living away from the city in the sticks and took a right royal spanking off jack frost.
pipes frozen stiffer then John Holmes on a good day !

Ricky
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??