This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmlservices

l5 heater what costs
« on: November 30, 2008, 07:47:09 pm »
hi
to all those who use the l5 heater , what do i need to convert.

a break down of parts / costs / total costs would be great.

dont want to be buying loads of parts that i wont want  ;)

daz

Mr H

Re: l5 heater what costs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:11:37 pm »
The tngs you need to buy depends on wether you intend to adapt it. I haven't adapted mine and its working fine for me so for a syatem without changeing flow rates or adding relays you need just the following.....

L5 unit.
37nBar flow regulator
2 half inch thread adapters. The sort you use to convert an outside tap to hoselock screwthread type fittings.
2 hoselock style fitting.
1 HOT water connector hose. 15mm x 22mm fittings. The sort thats used to fit washing machines.
Lpg gas cylinder with gas in it.

Fit thread adapter fittings on base of L5 unit.
Cut regulator off the L5 pipe and fit UK 37nBar regulator.
Fit L5 to van
Connect pipe that previously connected to your hose reel to the L5.
Cut right angle connector off hot water hose and fit hoselock style connector.
Connect hot water hose to L5 and hose reel.
Install batteries in L5
Turn on water and open tap on end of hose reel to let water through and remove any air locks.
Turn on gas spply and check system ignites.....

You now have a hot water system in your van....

Apart from he cost of the L5 the extra parts should cost about £50 total depending on if you use hoselock or the better Gardinier fittings, size of gas cylinder used and length of hot hose needed. Regulator is about £7-£8.

Regards
Mr H

NWH

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 08:14:32 pm »
The heater itself can`t remember how much about £120 i think,you will need 2 double ended female 1/2" fittings for the water in and water out,you will need 2 double male end half inch nipples,2 male hoselock connectore to go on each male nipple end and 2 female hoselock connectors to go on them.You will probobly need a longer hose from DI to heater aswell depending on where you fit the heater,i have mine on the back door so needed a longer water in hose from DI.2 batterys i can`t remember the size the biggest ones you can get from most shops lol,1 gas bottle and a regulator for the gas,save the end that screws into the heater and cut the end where you`ll change the regulator.1 small O ring or jubilee clip that screws over the hose the gas bottle end and that`s it if it seems complicated don`t worry it`s not far from it,if you need to be talked through it let me have your email and you can phone me.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 08:15:45 pm »
You will also need hot hose from the heater to hosereel,you can buy this from halfords and it`s £2 a meter.

dmlservices

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 08:18:07 pm »
The tngs you need to buy depends on wether you intend to adapt it. I haven't adapted mine and its working fine for me so for a syatem without changeing flow rates or adding relays you need just the following.....

L5 unit.
37nBar flow regulator
2 half inch thread adapters. The sort you use to convert an outside tap to hoselock screwthread type fittings.
2 hoselock style fitting.
1 HOT water connector hose. 15mm x 22mm fittings. The sort thats used to fit washing machines.
Lpg gas cylinder with gas in it.

Fit thread adapter fittings on base of L5 unit.
Cut regulator off the L5 pipe and fit UK 37nBar regulator.
Fit L5 to van
Connect pipe that previously connected to your hose reel to the L5.
Cut right angle connector off hot water hose and fit hoselock style connector.
Connect hot water hose to L5 and hose reel.
Install batteries in L5
Turn on water and open tap on end of hose reel to let water through and remove any air locks.
Turn on gas spply and check system ignites.....

You now have a hot water system in your van....

Apart from he cost of the L5 the extra parts should cost about £50 total depending on if you use hoselock or the better Gardinier fittings, size of gas cylinder used and length of hot hose needed. Regulator is about £7-£8.

Regards
Mr H

cheers for that mr h  ;), what fow rate do they run at without mods,

and what would it cost to get up and running,

i use a 100psi shurflo and varistream, with 100 mtrs micro bore

cheers
daz

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:19:40 pm »
£150-200 including the heater.

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 08:21:12 pm »
cheers lads , cheaper than i thought, how long did it take to fit / get up and running?

daz

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 08:34:28 pm »
They take an hour to put in,... less if you have all the bits you need to hand.

Unmodified, the L5 seems to need about 1.5 litres a minute to fire up. A £20 flow switch will reduce that a little if you need it.

dmlservices

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 08:36:42 pm »
will it work with a varistream?

daz

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 08:39:27 pm »
Yep

dmlservices

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 08:41:57 pm »
how many of you vent through the roof, or leave back doors open

daz

NWH

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 08:53:07 pm »
They take an hour to put in,... less if you have all the bits you need to hand.

Unmodified, the L5 seems to need about 1.5 litres a minute to fire up. A £20 flow switch will reduce that a little if you need it.
It will work on less flow i found,it will fire up at 10 o`clock on the varisteam if you want it to but i use it at between 11 and 12.You will need to fit some sort of draft excluder at the sides of the heater although they say they can be used outside they are very sensitive to the wind at times,i have got a sheet of thin steel sheeting that i will be modifying tomorrow just for the sides of the unit.I will cut 2 5-6 inch strips and secure them either side of the heater leaving about a 2 inch gap allowing air to still circulate around he heater.If you don`t want to be pulling your hair out this is a must as you`ll get hot water for 5-10 minutes and when your round the back of a job the flame will blow out and you`ll not know it until your water goes cold again,once it`s all leak proof and running well as it should be when you dead end or change poles when the pump shuts off the heater will also at the same time and start up again when you start work.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 09:10:15 pm »
how many of you vent through the roof, or leave back doors open

daz

I put a vent through the roof,.. don't think many else have.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 09:11:55 pm »
Mines on the back door and works just right for me,i can`t remember how long mine took to come about 10 days i think what about you Nat.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 09:53:56 pm »
I ordered 3 and the first one arrived in 4 days! The last 2 were delayed in customs for 2 days,.. but still arrived within the week. Not bad from the USA!

NWH

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 09:59:57 pm »
Just ordered 2 more of em,how reliable are these type of heaters normally.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:25 pm »
This is the first L5 I had,.. but the last heater was very similar and was going strong after nearly a year.

macmac

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 09:50:53 am »
Would it be an idea to have a carbon monoxide alarm in the van just incase?

Tony

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 11:15:14 am »

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 06:57:01 pm »
This is the first L5 I had,.. but the last heater was very similar and was going strong after nearly a year.
does any one have the L10 water heater at 2.65GPM. Is this one over the top or a better option? cost about £146on e-bay site Syd 8)