Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmlservices

sign written van drivers
« on: November 29, 2008, 03:56:07 pm »
when i am driving i easily get annoyed with other drivers , when i get cut up i sound horn ect,  ;D  i drive around in a sign written van, and recently been thinking about the implications of my actions, as i am easily reconizable.

my question is to other sign written van drivers, are you more curtious than normal , when in your vans?,

i have often thought that they could be a potential, or even excisting custy, that i have just blasted with the horn  ;D

daz

Nathanael Jones

Re: sign written van drivers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:25:37 pm »
I try to be a polite and careful driver whatever vehicle I'm in,....
:p

dudek

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 04:28:09 pm »
Im quite lary in the car but am an angel in my van :D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 04:31:22 pm »
I think I'm nearly always courteous when ever I'm in the van or the car

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 04:32:01 pm »
Ive just had my van sign wriiten and i was thinking exactly the same thing the other day!!!!

And dont forget your mobile number is on the van too, so anyone that you annoy can ring you straight away and give you what for!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a local guy i know that is a nightmare when he s driving around beeping his horn at girls and shouts " hello darling" and "get em out" etc and he s had more than one person giving him abuse and complaints on the phone! ;D :o
You can't polish a turd

lovewindows

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 04:36:08 pm »
Saw a sign in a van [ self employed driver ] it said " IF YOU DONT LIKE MY DRIVING TOUGH"
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 04:46:35 pm »
I think your driving is a reflection on you personally and subsequently your services. If your a bad driver what else are you bad at?

Not only that, people would say i was cut up by so and so today, to their friends maybe? bad reputations instantly, and you haven't done any work for them yet.

So I agree with Nathanael Jones 

RSWindows

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 04:58:17 pm »
ever tryed being rude and hope for a phonecall, appologise and ask if they want their windows cleaned?   :D

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 05:04:29 pm »
ever tryed being rude and hope for a phonecall, appologise and ask if they want their windows cleaned?   :D

Great way to drum up business ill try it tomorrow!!! ;D
You can't polish a turd

dmlservices

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 05:49:30 pm »
i am a carefull driver ;D

its all the other idiots on the road,

cutting you up , turning without signalling, even worse not giving way - where there are traffic calming measures ( where they narrow road , so only 1 vehicle can pass at a time)

any one who says it doesn't bother them is either a saint, or a lyer ;)

daz

dmlservices

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 05:53:45 pm »
I think your driving is a reflection on you personally and subsequently your services. If your a bad driver what else are you bad at?

Not only that, people would say i was cut up by so and so today, to their friends maybe? bad reputations instantly, and you haven't done any work for them yet.

the question was not about me cutting up / bad driving, it was the other way round, ;D

where others are bad drivers, and cut you up ect,and do you turn the other cheek,( due to the fact you are in a sign written van then easily recognized ;)

daz

LWC

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 05:54:48 pm »
Im also an angel when people do stuff to me when im in the van, go to honk the horn then think again

At the end of the day whats to say when youv parked up in town they wont do something to your van

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:14 pm »

Great way to drum up business ill try it tomorrow!!! ;D

That did work for one of my cousins.. once..

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 05:57:41 pm »

the question was not about me cutting up / bad driving, it was the other way round, ;D

where others are bad drivers, and cut you up ect,and do you turn the other cheek,( due to the fact you are in a sign written van then easily recognized ;)

daz

It was? sorry it doesn;t read like that.

my question is to other sign written van drivers, are you more curtious than normal , when in your vans?,

dmlservices

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 06:01:38 pm »
sorry, you are right, should have said more tollerant of others bad driving

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 06:14:56 pm »
well in that case, then would beep the horn.. (which shows im advising of my location on the road compared to them..) as per the highway code :D

But im still quite calm.. the van is not that sporty esp when laden with water so im in a forgiving mood, as im not going that fast anyway, and can usually read the road...

Its best to remain calm rather than get hot under the collar over other people.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »
I'm not as calm as I should be when I'm in the van.
I just can't be bothered with people faffing when I'm at work, I just want to get the work done and get home.

There's probably a few people around town who I've put off ever using me for work. ;D

jaykie

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 07:34:33 pm »
Taxi drivers really get my goat,cupposed to be vetted,the worst drivers on the road,that fed up with them i now never give way to them and if i get one behind me i drop my speed down to 25 mph,i have also worked out why taxi drivers are overwieght,because they never get out to knock on a door they just sit there sounding thier horn ,rant over  ;D

Your not going to believe this but for the 2nd time this month im going to agree with you.

Chris

NWH

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 08:24:18 pm »
I saw a lovely Transporter today in red with gold signwritting and it looked the bizz,tailored rack with 2 proper pole holders i havn`t seen a better 1 yet.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 08:29:58 pm »
I find bus drivers pulling away from bus-stops the worse. They think that indicating isnt to be interpreted by other road users as 'I intend to pullout when the road is clear' but as 'Here I come, like it or not!!'