Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Gregory

post bonneting
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:04:22 am »
Morning all

First job this morning is a letting agents office , going to hwe then post bonnet with me new dry fusion setup ( just a excuse to have a play with it really )  got a daft question do I use a dry bonnet or a damp 1 , also wound there be any benefit using the heater

Thanks John

Mike Halliday

Re: post bonneting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:17:09 am »
John are you bonneting to remove more dirt or to assist drying?

I both cases I'd use a dry bonnet, there will already be enough moister in the carpet to lubricate the bonnet and a wet bonnet won't pick up any more wetness than is already in the bonnet.

in my opinion the heat on the DF & Therrmodry is just a gimmick and will make no difference to cleaning or drying
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 08:47:59 am »
Have you set out john ???

Could ring you ???

carlton care

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:33:54 am »
Interesting thought from Mike. The thing I hated about the TEX system was lugging that tank around, but I never tried it without the heater.

However I know you can get great results from other products without heat !

Derek_Walker

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 01:28:02 pm »
I have to disagree with Mike, I have found that using the Dry Fusion with the heat will give better results and faster drying. We all know that the use of heat in the equation helps in the cleaning process, which is why truck mounts work so well. The Dry Fusion does keep the bonnets heated up very well and keeps them hot on the carpet. Any rotary machine will generate a certain amount of thermal heat due to the rotary action on the carpet.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 01:54:09 pm »
I had the texatherm system and just thought when in a clients house i felt that bringing in the heater tank and then wringing the pads out looked unprofessiona thats just my opinion ::)

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »
When I had the Tex system I found the clients were interested in what the heater tank was for and after I had explained the process (using Tx fluids) they understood and appreciated the explanation.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 04:37:45 pm »
personally i would use a cloth to clean a post, no mopping there ;)

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 04:40:40 pm »
 ;D

clinton

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 04:57:28 pm »
Or as one day someone thought it was a tea earn ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 05:47:07 pm »
"how much do your greek earn?"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

as Derek says "aw forget it!"

carlton care

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 06:19:29 pm »
I know the thinking is in favour of heat, but there are so many new products coming on the market designed to operate at 30 degrees, or less.

About 30 years ago Amway " broke the mould" and brought out a soap powder designed to run cold and with no bulk added bulk. From what I remember, it worked pretty well.

In spite of successful trials with all of these products, psychologically I still feel happier with heat, but it's good to know that we can get a result when no heat is available !

Carpet Genie

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 07:13:24 pm »
Morning all

First job this morning is a letting agents office , going to hwe then post bonnet with me new dry fusion setup ( just a excuse to have a play with it really )  got a daft question do I use a dry bonnet or a damp 1 , also wound there be any benefit using the heater

Thanks John

Hi John,  how did you get on with the new machine today?
Mike George

The Carpet genie

John Gregory

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 07:43:29 pm »
Mike only had a little go not got the knack of it yet I keep banging into things with it, I'm alright in open spaces but if I get any where near a table or wall I hit it

John

John Gregory

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 07:45:27 pm »
Mike ave you got your texatherrn yet?

John

carlton care

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 07:49:49 pm »
John

Keep it at waist level and close to your body................you'll get the knack pretty quickly

Jim_77

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 08:25:18 pm »
lol :)

2 things contribute to controlling a rotary effectively.  Firstly as Robert says, getting the handle at the right height.  The higher the handle, the more difficult it is to control, so you want it as low as possible whilst maintaining an upright stance with no stooping....  you'll soon know if you have it too low, 10 minutes and your back will be in bits.

Secondly, the friction between the bonnet and carpet plays a big part.  Some carpets aren't a problem, whilst on others you'll get loads of friction.  Not only do you suffer from loss of control but you need to be careful about scorching too.  You may have had a difficult one, wait until you've whizzed it round quite a few different carpets, you should get what I mean.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 10:35:56 pm »
Mike only had a little go not got the knack of it yet I keep banging into things with it, I'm alright in open spaces but if I get any where near a table or wall I hit it

Takes a while to get used to it. In the early days I totally mullered an electric socket which had been placed in the wall at ground level ;D Now I can use it with one finger whilst bending over to pick something up.
As said, set the handle to lower waiste level and more than anything else RELAX. If you fight it, it will bite back.
One final hint: Don't use on Flotex until you are really ready for it. My first experience was the pad holding onto the flotex, the machine kept going around with me attached to it ;D

Derek_Walker

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 11:31:24 pm »
Just a word of warning, the Dry Fusion machine should not be used on flotex, puts too much strain on the motor.

Carpet Genie

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 11:48:15 pm »
Mike ave you got your texatherrn yet?

John

It's coming on Monday - no doubt i'll have the same fun and games as you've had today - think i'll have a practice on my own carpets before i take it out on the road!

When i've had a go i'll let you know how i get on.
Mike George

The Carpet genie