This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Re: Link For Gutter Cleaning Attachments For DIY GutterVac
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 06:03:26 pm »
Eh? where did that come from Glyn?

matt

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 06:32:41 pm »
Eh? where did that come from Glyn?

i think what he is trying to say is that your crap at DIY, you look like a girl and his dad is bigger than yours

so what you going to do about it   :-*

oh and you need a better trailer cover aswell

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 06:54:10 pm »
Mmm, so what's to stop anyone making an exact copy by sourcing 90% of the parts cheaper and just buying a couple of key parts from Omnipole? Where is the patent?

Nothing to stop you spending many weeks diying and trying to get things right and you may save just a few quid,. re guttervacs been there done it ! ...get the Omni vac, the engineering is superb for the price. There is something thats difficult to put my finger on, but its better.

ftp

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 08:44:17 pm »
I should hope it would be better for obvious reasons. However, i'm perfectly happy with my bodge job powered by elastic bands.  ;D
Particularly happy with the price too. How could mine be improved? Well an inlet port that didn't have a ninety degree bend would be better regarding twigs and pine needles (easy fix). Maybe a Loc-Line top for difficult angles. Maybe the larger hose but i haven't needed it yet. That's pretty much it so far.
Oh and a moulded trailer cover would be nice.  ;D

ftp

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 08:45:28 pm »
Sorry Jeff, i re-worded my post so not to offend people.

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 07:55:13 am »
Jeff Brimble is a true DIYer he has ideas and then builds and tests them out, this is DIY and I have a great deal of respect for what it acheives.

However we sell to many who claim to be DIY "experts" our staff are then tied up on the phone for hour after hour explaining how to wire, join or why and how an item works.
It is not unusual for some one to buy a componant for a few pounds and then expect to phone maybe six times to ask how to construct an item from it.
I have lost count but its certainly hundreds of phone calls from people that have bought a cheap RO,pump,tank etc. from ebay, RO Man etc. and then want us to tell them how to set them up....
Its a joke and no different from a housholder phoning to ask you how to clean windows,how to climb a ladder, where to place the ladder,how much washing up liquied, hot or cold water, what type of squeegee, what type of rubber, how to remove fly **** etc. etc. I wonder how many of you would answer these questions?

Personally id never do this - how cheeky is that!.. I can see why your peed of talking/writing about the subject some times..

ftp

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 08:19:33 am »
Must be the same for every supplier i suppose.

Glen

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 10:25:48 am »
There is something thats difficult to put my finger on, but its better.

What do you mean by that Jeff?

I was thinking of going down the DIY route but the Omnivac does seem to be worth the additional investment.