This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

LOST ABOUT 3 FROM THE CRUNCH, GAINED MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:06:59 pm »
As the title says, Ive lost 3 from the crunch. But Im genuinely finding it hard to keep up with the phone calls and recommendations. I havent had so many inquiries in ages!!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

ftp

Re: LOST ABOUT 3 FROM THE CRUNCH, GAINED MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:24:20 pm »
what inquiries?  :'( :'(

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:31:38 pm »
Just counted them up, Ive lost 4. 3 of which want me to return in the spring! Doubt I will.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 08:53:06 pm »
well ive gained more than ive lost..

jus had one call to say they have to cancel, as lost their job.. have to check their windows in a few weeks time.. maybe they found someone cheaper? You never know if the stories are fact or not..

ftp

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 09:05:15 pm »
Gained one today - only one without a cleaner in the small cul-de-sac going to find out why next week  ::)

seandyer2003

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 11:52:38 am »
had a call from a lady in a old 3 floor terraced(ground, 1, 2) went earlier to quote, said will be £17 if no others in the street, or £8.50 if she can get 4-5 to agree, its a very good price for the area, this is the only problem with website though i have 4-5 really well priced houses but they are 3-4 miles from my house, and upto 8 miles between them so its not profitable to do them as a "round" i just do them when i have no work, but its a bit of a pain, if they dont start turning into small rounds with a few houses then i need to start dropping em aaarrghh......wish i could get the same prices on my normal work :)

Kevin R

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 12:16:53 pm »
Trouble with this time of year is a lot of people will promise you the earth to get you to clean their windows for christmas then drop you like a hot brick following that.  Ok if you have the capacity and the time but remember to charge for first cleans. This happens every year without fail.

I don't think is connected with the recession its more to do with xmas and people coming to stay with them and wanting to make the right impression.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 12:29:24 pm »
what credit crunch  ;D
Exactly, don't believe the hype as I always say.
I've never done so well.

I can't stand that stupid new term anyway.
It's a recession.

seandyer2003

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 01:26:21 pm »
There is definitely financial problems around you cannot deny that, one of my custys last night (first one that has expressed some trouble financially) said he has just laid his 10 staff of from his plastering/suspended roof fitting firm, so we are lucky to be in an industry that is doing okay, maybe because not many of us are turning over huge amounts of money so as to feel a pinch, i imagine most of  us lose pick up 2 and so life goes on through the credi...i mean "recession" :)

geefree

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 01:49:02 pm »
I have found i am gaining new ones too without advertising etc...it happened last year... but if they want them cleaning for xmas, thats fine. its all money to me...

and if 1 or 2 drop me after xmas, thats fine too... as i will have gained more than  i lost...

so .. i like christmas.  ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 01:53:14 pm »
Plus they may tip you too :)

collins82002

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 02:52:39 pm »
Its alright for some,  Just been out and leafleted 4 streets + knocking and only one potential customer.
All I got was "sorry i do mine myself or no thanks" and a few no i already have a w/c

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 03:13:08 pm »
Its alright for some,  Just been out and leafleted 4 streets + knocking and only one potential customer.
All I got was "sorry i do mine myself or no thanks" and a few no i already have a w/c

Yup thats the life of a start up.. just have to keep plugging away. Although window cleaning is easy, building a profitable business is hard. In my second year on my own, still not paid off what ive outlayed. Lucky i have an understanding other half, who is working 2 jobs to help support us..

collins82002

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 03:19:26 pm »
doing w/c part time sat/sun untill i can get enough custies.  still got full time job working in quarry so its a bit tight squeezing time in for leafleting etc.  just been told that i'm working a 4 day week instead of 5 due to lack of business.  Its gonna last till at least xmas but dont sound good for the new year.  But at least i can leaflet and door knock on my day off. ;D

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 06:57:40 pm »
well ive gained more than ive lost..

jus had one call to say they have to cancel, as lost their job.. have to check their windows in a few weeks time.. maybe they found someone cheaper? You never know if the stories are fact or not..
why waste your time checking  ;D

not wasted, just interesting to know, be going past their house to do a neighbours next weekend anyway.