Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How do you cope with dirty dogs?

I avoid it at all costs, in fact I do that so well Ive NEVER had dog doo on my hose
23.7%
9 (23.7%)
Im vigilant and aware, I try but it just happens to stick somehow
7.9%
3 (7.9%)
I try to avoid it but its inevitable, so I just do my best
55.3%
21 (55.3%)
The stuff doesnt worry me.

0 (0%)
I search for the stuff, in fact custys with dogs get a discount
13.2%
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Dog doo v hoses
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:43:51 am »
So dog-doo and all things suspicious (I reckon I mistake rotting apples for it  ;D ) does it keep you awake at night?

Matt

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: Dog doo v hoses
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 09:12:45 am »
the worst possible kind is newly laid stuff, mind you in a cold day like today it might be welcomed, nice and warm ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 09:15:13 am »
Lawn full of leaves, you inch your way forward, hose behind your back, scanning every inch of leave to see if it's poo or not.

Sounds familiar?

The stuff stinks so bad, I always go home, and get a bucket full of dettol and hosepipe. I can't be dealing with it.

In order from bad to worse, Dog, cat, fox (oh my goodness that reeks)

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 09:17:19 am »
Lawn full of leaves, you inch your way forward, hose behind your back, scanning every inch of leave to see if it's poo or not.

Yes Tim, thanks that is me down to a tee.

Thing is I reckon half the time Im scanning away as I inch forward KNOWING in the back of my mind that Ive probably dragged the hose through a load PRAYING I havent!

I have a cloth in the van soaked in disinfectant I use for reeling in. I also keep a spray bottle of disinfectant and liquid soap, still does my head in thinking about it.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 09:53:10 am »
Yea same here, I always carry a disinfectant with me, soak the cloth in it as well. I can't usually get the smell off, even after coating it plenty of times and wiping it off.

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:11:53 am »
a reason why i only use 10 M of hose from cart to brush

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 10:25:08 am »

Poo on trolley wheels is equally bad. Most of the dog poo on the hose was within 2 meters around me where I was working anyway.

chuggers

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 10:37:03 am »
Big time nightmare. If you notice it before you lay out the hose the Slip n slide tool will "doo" the job
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

matt

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 10:43:25 am »

Poo on trolley wheels is equally bad. Most of the dog poo on the hose was within 2 meters around me where I was working anyway.

i have only once had that, then again, i allways keep a eye out and it easier to stop the wheels than where the hose just goes where it likes when you wind it in

clean

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 11:49:36 am »

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 12:50:40 pm »
With a backpack you can tread where others fear to. ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:27 pm »
With a backpack you can tread where others fear to. ;D

lol, exactly what I thought, but I still managed to get it on the (slightly extended) hose when I put it down, and on the pole hose.

I couldn't believe it, I took it with me, cuz I know the back alley is full of it, after that scanned the patio, nothing. Got back to the van, poooooey, man I was so annoyed.

weetot

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 01:33:10 pm »
Walkin it up ladders is worse dude, especially when you put your hands on the rungs, just don't bite you nails!!
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

ftp

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 04:07:04 pm »
Did a customers house the other day and they always want me to phone first. Phoned and got the answer machine so left a message. This house always has a mega slippery patio - never thought much about it before. Did the fronts then round the back to dog poo paradise. They must normally hose the crap off but they didn't get the message. Now normally my hose trails all over this patio no wonder it's so slippery! Dirty filthy people.
Talking of which i have a relative who is mega fussy about cleanliness. Did her house this week and the cat lives and craps in the kitchen - it's never allowed outside. So there it is sat on the kitchen worktops with its germ ridden backside watching me clean the windows. I'm going to avoid eating round there this Christmas somehow!

Topclean

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 05:23:45 pm »
worst case in two years of wfping last week. :(   draged hose round side of a house. Fresh and when i say Fresh i mean REALLY FRESH unidentifed animal poo.......... Must of pulled 30- 40 ft of hose thru.
It absolutely reeked. steamed off to van to get some cloths to clean hose, returned only to find poo all over my pole hose trigger brush me you name it every where.. Not a happy chappie. The lads also found this extremely funny, for this they cleaned a couple of extra jobs at the end of day.(blissfully unaware) Ha Ha last laugh ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 08:09:04 pm »
Even when they scoop/shovel/scrape it up it leaves a "slither" of remains on the slabs.....yuck.
Worst of all you generally don't realise till you wind the hose back in and then the .......smell :o

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 08:31:16 pm »
Walkin it up ladders is worse dude, especially when you put your hands on the rungs, just don't bite you nails!!

Oh yeah - every other rung! Those were the days!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 10:25:45 pm »
So the majority are going with...

Last year we produced a very small word document that took about 3 lines, and anywhere we came across this problem we would post this slip with the invoice to get them to sort the garden out.
Most did clean up before our visit whilst one took offence and cancelled us ;D
www.safetyawarecontractor.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 10:34:21 pm »
So the majority are going with...

Last year we produced a very small word document that took about 3 lines, and anywhere we came across this problem we would post this slip with the invoice to get them to sort the garden out.
Most did clean up before our visit whilst one took offence and cancelled us ;D
www.safetyawarecontractor.co.uk

Neil have you got a copy of that at all mate?

E-mail if you wouldnt mind or words to the effect of.

Thanks.

Matt

pjulk

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 10:36:18 pm »
I have not voted as i was unsure which one.

I don't normally do houses with dogs mess.

But i only have one house with Dogs crap  and the woman has ms and has trouble walking so i do hers.

I never use my hose its guarenteed to hit some.
I get my trolley out and try dodging the stuff.