Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: real web site figers
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 09:50:45 pm »
Nice one Mike I like a forward thinker ( No flies on this man)

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 09:56:44 pm »
When i say NEW i do mean, unknown to me or my customers because referrals would not count as internet sourced jobs!!

clinton

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 10:14:13 pm »
 ;D

Kev Loomes

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:53 pm »
Same as Chris, most of our new work comes from t'internet.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 10:39:55 pm »
Hi Guys

It is important to get a good balance and this topic has.

The Internet is not the only viable form of marketing, leaflets and YP still have their place but I believe it is an ever closing window of opportunity which far sighted people will enter and others will repent at will.

Cheers

Doug

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 07:53:23 am »
so it works for people down the south what about up in the north say from nottingham up wards ???? its seems that you can get top end prices easyer down south then here in the north and thats being very genral so please lets keep this about the inter net

i have been looking at a lot of peoples sites and i think they do look very good but as im no good with sites and spelling i would have to get a company to do the lot

what im trying to do is see if the cost is worth all the hassle and i havnt a clue what the cost will be yet

this is why im look for a insiders view befoure i start  phoneing round looking for quotes

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 08:06:15 am »
Susan ........ most template sites have SpellCheck and you can get a good site going for not a lot of money  ;D

I searched Google other day for "eco carpet cleaning" and my £50 diy ecocarpetclean site was a space above strakercleaning on first page ........... that was just me tinkering with SEO and i must have pressed the right button, not pressed hard enough as it changes position from day to day  ???.
Had call yesterday from that site and booked £420 job, even though they had other quote that was 'considerably cheaper'  ;)Other company had basic 1 page web site with contact details only, he liked the insight mine gave him and i never demeaned other company at all........ just said that as long as he could be sure they were trained and insured, then he should be okay. Maybe mention of my high security clearance and green credentials did help a bit ..........he is in Putney which is in Borough of Wandsworth  ::) Just saying that web presence gives people a taste of what service they can get from you and i have got many jobs because people did not want to phone and enquire, in case they were talked into something!!!

clinton

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 08:16:56 am »
Susan

Have a look at my site :)

Am in stockport cheshire and i  think on here there it seems to be the guys down south doing well from the web,am sure it does seem to be spreading to the north as i do get some work from my site :)

I have found that i am geting much more work from the web than i did from y pages.

The web now  is my only advertising source as most of my work is from recomondations and a few leaflets and a link to yell.com from my site:)

It did not cost a lot to do my site.

Cheers clinton

suffolkclean

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 08:18:24 am »
Hi Susan
We've had our website for about 3 months now and starting to get enquiries through it. I was like you I do know a bit I can design a basic flyer but creating your own website is tricking if you don't really know what your doing. I wanted a nice looking website and not to look like I've done it myself. I think ours cost £300 + we will pay £100 once a year after we;ve had it a year for updates and any changes I want to make. I think having a website is a good thing as you can put the address on your flyers, invoices etc and I think it does help if people can refer to a website to see what you do.

Barbara

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 08:22:18 am »
Quick add on to these comments ............ being up North should not really make a difference as i find that website with good quality message and design will attract good quality customers with similar homes ............ bargain hunters tend to go for basic or 'less expensive' looking sites ............. some products like Stella are marketed as "reassuringly expensive"  :o

clinton

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 08:23:31 am »
Barbara

Your right on that about you can put your site on your leaflets and cards and looks more professional :)

spencer davies

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 05:08:50 pm »
Many ingredients create a site that works, ease of use, content, qualifications, trade memberships, comments from customers, site appearance and more.

A cheap looking site usually generates cheap customers. It is glaringly obvious when a site is thrown together, usually no flash, submit forms etc. I think its well worth the time and money to get 'proper'
representation on the internet.

Regards

S