Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Website headache
« on: November 27, 2008, 06:33:32 pm »
Just doing a bit of research into websites, i have found a couple places that will set one up for about £220.00 up to 5 pages plus design, they sounded ok but when i looked at some of the other website designers they wanted more, up to £500 plus vat plus £100 per year i must admit some of the sites they designed looked a bit more professional better quality photos  than the £220 designer and offered a system where you can change the site yourself and add photos, is it worth getting a realy good looking site that you can change yourself, will the return in customers pay for it, or should i just get cheap and chearful, none of the cost of websites will deminish the amount i spend on leaflets etc but just wanted to know the best way to go,   cheers

Re: Website headache
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:36:04 pm »
It may well be your potential customers first point of contact with your business so i would get the better quality job done

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 06:37:42 pm »
James .......... my strakercleaning one is done by Mark Roberts and his SEO on the site should cost more than he charged for whole thing including set up.
 My ecocarpetclean.info and ecorugcare.co.uk are diy with Easily.co.uk ....... cost £8.99 for name for 2 years then £39.99 for Website Creator and away you go ......... less than £50 for 2 years and i edit as i please ( latter site is still Work In Progress )  ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:41:34 pm »
James

What you have to look at is how you are going to rank on Google, it will not be easy getting top rankings .

Leaflets are more likely to give you work in the short term, with a website/s being more medium term.

Cheers
Doug

Tre Allen

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:48:25 pm »
If you need any help, let me know. My cousin works for Wavy TV 10 and does an amazing job with graphics and web design. I also offer those services as well.

Keep me posted.

M.Acorn

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 06:41:44 pm »
I had my first site done professionally when i first started 4 years ago,cost me around £400.had quite a bit of work from it,costs me about £70 a yeaar for hosting etc.
Also had a go at one myself template based thing ,much more information etc,more pics,not happy with it yet,but not really had time recently to play about with it.Only had 2 jobs from this and it`s been up for about 5 months,
What goes around comes around

spencer davies

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 10:13:09 am »
Doug is right, to get decent rankings requires time and knowledge, I spend at least four hours per month on each of our sites strengthening and optimising. There is no point in having a site if no one looks at it.

S

clinton

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 01:58:26 pm »
You can always get yell.com and that will link to your site thats how i get some work  :)