Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tre Allen

Re: Residential homes
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 07:50:52 pm »
I have heard similar rules with Condos but not Residential........what area is this in?

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Re: Residential homes
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 10:30:07 pm »
Perhaps it's a case of supply and demand.

If you earn sufficient during core hours (say 9 am to 5 pm) then outside hours can be considered a bonus. Charge extra and you get the job then "fine", if you don't get the job then there is literally "no sleep lost" over it.

Gave up working anti-social hours a long time ago. It's amazing how people can often fit round your hours if they want you, and if they can't/won't fit round you, but they still want you, then the price goes up.

For example, many restaurants want you to come in at say 11 or 12 at night. They may have just finished work but I will not have been working since around 5. I refuse to do that but will be prepared to come in at say 7.30 in the morning and guarantee to have the carpets dry by the time they open in the afternoon. This is a case of fulfilling their needs but not necessarily in the way they anticipated.

Obviously I can only speak for me and I am certainly not telling other people what to do. I'm just sharing another perspective.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way