Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rich hand

Re: HOW MUCH?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 08:23:38 pm »
£180 cleaned and dried, plus push for HSL @ £40 and £90 scotchguard throughout. Be prepared to do a deal if not, no point going in at less than you could have had! Ive got one very similar at that price in a very normal house, the customer thought it was reasonable. Half days work.

DavidWright76

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 09:52:59 pm »
Will be starting up in the new year - and without measuring per sq ft? At a guess, 3 average size rooms £30 each (£90) & 2 small bedrooms £25 each (£50)

£140 total - that's dry vacuming, pre-spotting, extraction & blow dry - a day's wages

- would never do that for under a 100 squids

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 10:29:07 pm »
Not all wages running costs / tax / national insurance /  libility insurance / equipment / materials etc etc etc you need to charge an amount that leaves PROFIT NOT JUST WAGES so you can pay all these items and still end up with a wage worthy of your time and effort running a business
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

ollie

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 10:39:56 pm »
just from reading your post and within about 4 seconds I came to £130.00, im glad im in the right ball park!!
ollie

clinton

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 10:53:42 pm »

clinton im abit unsure weather to post as the last time i did people thought i was takeing the micky also theres a strong band of people that think we trun up in beaten up old piles of poop to clean our custys stuff how ever i know that your not like that so heres what we are now chargeing

75 -85 for all suites that being say two chairs one three seater in dralon with all cushions to do i.e. both sides , useing a t.m. brand new van all the chems that i can get in the van useing the best tools money can buy no short cuts what so ever was chargeing around 40 pounds two years ago

Susan

Well thats a good honest reply and you do seem to be puting up your prices.

I know you have got your new truck mount in your van any picies please susan ???

Cheers  :)

rich hand

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 06:27:07 pm »
Will be starting up in the new year - and without measuring per sq ft? At a guess, 3 average size rooms £30 each (£90) & 2 small bedrooms £25 each (£50)

£140 total - that's dry vacuming, pre-spotting, extraction & blow dry - a day's wages

- would never do that for under a 100 squids

You will probably find that £140/day covers overheads and a fairly basic wage over a 5 day week, is that enough?

rich hand

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 06:30:19 pm »
Susan, when others with similar equipment are charging upto twice those prices why are you so cheap? No criticism, just wondering.

Susan

What price do you charge for a suite then or an avaerage guide ???

Clinton

clinton im abit unsure weather to post as the last time i did people thought i was takeing the micky also theres a strong band of people that think we trun up in beaten up old piles of poop to clean our custys stuff how ever i know that your not like that so heres what we are now chargeing

75 -85 for all suites that being say two chairs one three seater in dralon with all cushions to do i.e. both sides , useing a t.m. brand new van all the chems that i can get in the van useing the best tools money can buy no short cuts what so ever was chargeing around 40 pounds two years ago

DavidWright76

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 07:48:52 pm »
Rich, what i meant is that i reckon it would take a day to do 5 rooms & the £140 would cover materials, equipment upkeep & a days wage, (which i think would be better than what i get from my factory job at the moment...)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 10:20:36 pm »
VERY LOW days wage
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

stuart_clark

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 10:44:40 pm »
I have just cleaned a quite newish 4 bedroom house in Darlington County Durham average soiling average Stairs hall and landing And smallish through room, it took me two hours in all to clean, the house was totally empty and I got £150 cash ! thats £75 quid per hour ! why be greedy ? the customer who has a property business has me cleen for then at least twelve times a year

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 11:16:44 pm »
to go to the effort of running a business, and from my experience, really you need to be earning twice that, if you get a problem with a van or machinery then if thats all your earning, it could put you out of business in a day!!

i really dont understand why some people go into business for that sort of money, your better off working for someone.

another thing that everyone is missing the point with is this, you cant go in to a job with the price as your selling point, you need a usp, just take a look at woolworths, they didnt have one, now there gone, simple!

carlton care

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 11:45:08 pm »
Course you are Russell just pick up the phone and call one of the thousands of firms offering £140 or so per day...............only problem is WHERE ARE THEY ?

According to what I hear, virtually all manufacturing and service companies are laying people off, so it might be wise to consider where you might be in a year's time.

If you're earning £280 a day ( double the £140 you reckon is rubbish ) you would be wise to make it work for you, because it might be a lot harder to earn half of that in a years time.

Incidentally, Woolworths did have price, as a reason to buy from them and it worked for over 100 years. Pity you were'nt around to advise them in 1909 when they got that daft idea !!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 11:49:46 pm »
carlton care, you really are talking out of your a**e
on an average day i earn 3-4 hundred, and where i live, there are plenty of jobs in factories where with a little bit of overtime you can easily earn 100 quid a day (which is probably more than you would earn if you took 140 before running costs)
il tell you my prices, which are probably below average
3 piece fabri £99
3 piece leather £129
carpet at £0.35 sq/ft

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:51 pm »
the trouble  is there are too many cheap people about like you mr carlton

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2008, 12:07:46 am »
Mr Carlton & Mr James, it's evident that prices largely depend on where we are geographically located to some extent.

When I lived up in Cumbria working for a C/C in a rudely named town, Cockermouth, I would pick up (for the boss) roughly twice as much cash, as I would for working on exactly the same type of suite in Maryport or Workington. Both within an 8 mile radius....

Surely this is going to apply from county to county! There could never be a national price as such because some C/C's simply wouldn't have the clientelle that could afford it!

Just a thought!

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 07:16:28 am »
I quoted 2bedrooms, lounge and small diner plus 3 small rugs, 150 over phone.When I got there was shocked how dirty they were and almost walked away.I spent 8 hours cleaning them,the lady was very nice fed and watered me all day,and gave me 200.My brother works 40 hours a week for 250 so Im not complaining,and the rugs only took half an hour.

gwrightson

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 07:34:33 am »
and your brother gets paid holidays, and gets sick pay  he has no expenses for vans, equipment insurance etc, etc    .and the chances are he also gets benifits  if that is all he is taking home .

Not really a comparison I think, having said that £200 per day every day aint bad if you get it  :-\

Geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 09:18:53 am »
i agree that price is sometimes affected as to where you live, but if you go to argos, or tescos, you will find the price the same for everything, if you sell your business on price, you will always have competition, if you have a unique point to sell, you wont

JandS

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 09:58:02 am »
Agree it depends on where you live.
I do nearly all my domestic quotes over the phone so don't have to spend time driving round to look at jobs saving time and diesel.
Live in a built up area with other built up areas surrounding me so travel times to the jobs are rarely longer than 30 mins and that's mainly due to traffic not distance.

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 10:04:00 am »
If I can plan it right as well can get 2 or 3 jobs in the same day within 10 mins of each other.
£99 for a 3 piece, no chance round here.
I chanced my arm on Monday at £65 and after some humming and arghing got a yes.

John

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.