Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Missing Phone Calls - Whats the best solution.
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »
I have my calls diverted to my mobile when out working but often cant hear or feel the phone vibrate when I'm working, so I do miss some calls which is very annoying  >:( especially when it's a withheld number or a large company and nobody knows who made the call.  :-\

Does anyone have any good gadgets to recommend ?

I've just been looking at the vibrating bluetooth bracelets on e-bay, has anyone tried these yet? is the vibration strong enough to notice?
My wife suggested I place the bracelet on my P_ _ _ _S, but I told her I'd be calling myself all the time and never get any work done.

Or are there any mobile phones with particularly loud ring tones or pneumatic drill style vibration? I use a Sony ericsson K800i which for me just isn't loud enough and the vibration is useless.

Any other suggestions?

A monkey style Headband (If your in your mid thirties you'll know what I'm talking about) - 'In Gandhara, Gandhara, they say it was in India
Gandhara, Gandhara, the place of light Gandhara'  ;D

Paul

Re: Missing Phone Calls - Whats the best solution.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 06:00:25 pm »
Should hear or feel something with any phone but get onto service provider and get them to allow phone the longest ring time ........ that helped a few years back when i had a Samsung phone  ???

pete sween

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:03:36 pm »
Tribitaka

spindle

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 06:41:35 pm »
monkey magic ;D
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

clinton

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 06:45:24 pm »
Paul

You will find that most of the withheald numbers are usualy sales calls maybe not all but most.

Get the same prob paul even when its on vibrate in my pocket ::)

M.Acorn

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:48 pm »
Me too have loads of probs with network coverage and dropping calls even with full sig ! 3 network is utter rubbish,i dread to think how much work i have lost.My phone dropped a call 3 times last week while i was trying to book in a job ! didn`t get it so i chucked the phone at a wall and broke the screen ! went back to an old phone ,had it in my pocket with my keys while fixing the turbo on my van,went under it to connect oil return pipe and crunch,key went through screen !  :-[
So back to sony ericsson now which is terible and crackles like mad,and keeps dropping calls ,even though it was sent for repair,came back the same.Got about 8 months of this contract left.Might just put it down to lowest monthly amount and get another contract with different providings (phonejacker).
Can`t hear mine when using machine,but vibrate is ok as long a i don`t have vac pipe rubbing on my leg,which vibrates more !
And with withheld numbers it depends on how busy i am,answered 3 last week and they all wanted carpet cleaning ! people who call you from work i think ?
What goes around comes around

carlton care

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:14:48 pm »
Why don't you use a bluetooth earpiece, been doing that for years and never miss a call.

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 07:35:12 pm »
Got one sitting on the shelf here,going to try and get my sony to see it ,tried using it before but it kept falling off  :(
Sandy and pigsy ! used to love that prog,remember watching it on an old black and white telly when i used to go and visit my dad,had to go upstairs as he was not into it !

spindle

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 07:42:01 pm »
i have found that the best networks are O2/vodafone..............this for the signal and cust relations.

currently have 2 o2 fones..............1 pay as u go.........1 contract.
contract £45pm.1200 minutes and 600 texts

wife has vodafone......

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 07:43:11 pm »
Why don't you use a bluetooth earpiece, been doing that for years and never miss a call.

Ditto
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

mark pritchard

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 07:52:23 pm »
I always were smart cotton shirts embroidered one side and pocket on the other, i always have my phone in top pocket and never miss a call.

derek west

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 07:57:26 pm »
orange and vodaphone have best coverage, best tarriff is orange with out a doubt, you can get cheaper on the others but one missed call through service down and youve lost your saving, blue tooth headset if you don't mind looking a plonker, other than that, put it on vibrate and tuck it in your sock, yes i said sock, not thingy.
hope this helps
derek

M.Acorn

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:01 pm »
Can`t get my sony phone to find my motorola ear piece ? is that normal ? surely they don`t have to be the same make ?

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 08:06:17 pm »
They dont have to be the same make - but there can be compatability issues, which sounds like you have got like I have had in the past.

M.Acorn

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 08:09:58 pm »
Oh right does not surprise me one bit  :(

spindle

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 08:11:37 pm »
not being funny..............is the earpeice turned on

or maybe u need to reset

JandS

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 08:14:38 pm »
Same problem with missing calls as you KC.
Don't really notice the vibrate even when sat at home.
Have Vodafone though so don't have any connection issues.
Looks like bluetooth is the way ahead.
Or my sock.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

colin thomas

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 08:40:17 pm »
bluetooth earpiece, surely everyone should have one, soooo much easier to use when working and of course, for driving, i have a jabra and it is so light and comfortable i forget i have it on,

colin
colin thomas

M.Acorn

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31:19 pm »
Yeah it`s on as it`s glowing blue and beeping,have used it in the past,but then swapped it for using headphones,so i can listen to the radio while working,have got through 3 sets now so got sick of buying them ! and the plug on the bottom has become lose,so does not stay connected  :(
Got the blue tooth charging at the mo will try it again when fully charged

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:51 pm »
Paul ......... check email  ;D

Have this as ringtone for people and EVERYONE in pub notices   :o