Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andrew Briscoe

vat
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:09:54 am »
Hi, think i heard on news vat is to be reduced to 15%,

do you think it will make customers part with their money more?

Andrew.

CATMAN

Re: vat
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:44:32 pm »
NO CHANCE. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE. SHOPS ARE ALREADY OFFERING DISCOUNTS, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT DEFLATION AND PEOPLE STILL AREN'T BUYING.

CUT YOUR COUNCIL TAX IN HALF OR YOUR FUEL BILLS AND THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

THE ECONOMY IS OFF A CLIFF, THEY'VE ALL ACTED TOO LATE. SME'S i KNOW WHERE STRUGGLING IN JAN THIS YEAR. 

WHAT WORRIES ME IS WHERE ARE THE NEW JOBS GOING TO BE CREATED, AS IN THE PAST MANUFACTURERS HAVE SHRUNK ONLY FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES TO GROW.

REGARDS

GRAHAM

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 12:58:52 pm »
THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT GRAHAM

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 01:26:15 pm »
won't make any difference at all ::) ::)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:46:41 pm »
Too little too late,Brown is scraping the bottom of the barrel,trying to win votes ! he has not got mine,i have been banned from several forums for my rants at him so i am keeping quiet here  >:(
What goes around comes around

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 01:59:54 pm »
pre budget report due in couple of mins, Darling is gonna have to pull a few rabbits out of his hat,
they say any reductions now will be made up after next election!!!!!! in tax hikes

Andrew

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 02:02:03 pm »
Yes putting up income tax for people who earn over £150.000 ,won`t affect me as yet
What goes around comes around

spencer davies

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 05:02:40 pm »
As posted on another forum, the PG tips chimps could have managed our economy more effectively.  :-[

Political money deadlines, diving head first into the debt swimming pool, this lot are reactive, if something
happens, borrow some money and chuck it at the problem.

S

clinton

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:08:52 pm »
A giant saving £1.89 on a pair of jeans :)

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 05:17:41 pm »
thought it would help my fuel costs running 3 vans,
but he is putting duty up to compensate it,
does that mean we will be 2.5% worse off when it comes to claiming back !!
a great help for small businesses

Andrew

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 08:57:26 pm »
Mr.Brown is looking to get the economy going again but he has only so much money to play with or we could go the same way as Iceland! 2.5% isn't going to make any real difference, you need to put money in peoples pockets to make them spend and this works the other way around.

Why not slash income tax or have a NI holiday to put money in tax payers pockets NOW.

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 10:46:44 pm »
It wont work even  if you gave people £200 a month as theres no confidence.

Im saving £150 a month with the mortgage rate falling.  Am I going to spend it YES but off the capital on my mortgage. ;D

Mark

spencer davies

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 11:06:55 pm »
Brown has blamed every conceivable external factor for the poor economy, Darling
looked like a scalded child after the session.   :'(

S

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 01:25:01 pm »
Whilst I don't agree with what our Darling Brown has done, I can see a little logic in it.

Forgetting capital and gift purchases, the typical housekeeping budget may be a couple of £'s or so better off each week. This saving won't be banked or used for early payment of the mortgage, it will just be used on alternative or extra housekeeping spending. The savings to be made over the next year on household capital items may also give a minor incentive to purchase with some people.

So, it looks like there's be a few more kidney beans from Kenya on the supermarket shelves and fewer english cabbages being sold :( ;)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Phillip Mold

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 03:51:04 pm »
I'm not vat registered so looking forward to my world cruise financed by the savings on paying 2.1% less for my solvent supplies!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can