Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Llaaww

why do I bother
« on: November 23, 2008, 05:10:38 pm »
So why do I wash windows for a living:-

I am never stuck for cash. Since starting in1988 I have always been able to put my hand to some ready cash whenever I needed it.

I am free to come and go as I like, so if I fancy stopping for a pint on a hot summers day I can. 

The buck stops here, If there is a problem people come straight to me and sort it out face to face. I loathe back biting work place politics and petty whiners.

I choose how much or how little I earn. If I want to work two or three days a week or seven, I can decide.

I like to be in control of what I earn and how much work I do for it.

My working environment is often fantastic, I really like to get around the place and see how people live. There are some brilliant people out there to who really know how to live.

sorry I got bored and didn't finish. to be continued.........

if it is dirty it is fair game

Re: why do I bother
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:29 pm »
it beats working in a factory

or in a call centre dealing with morons about car insurance (have experience with that)..

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:35:16 pm »
Lawrence

Have you been down to the pub ?

mr D

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:35:47 pm »
when i go to morrisons almost every one says hi to me and quite a few give me money

Sunshine

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 09:01:11 pm »
lawrencemvc

What a great post!!!

very thought prevoking.

let me know if you want to swap your job for mine ::) ;)

S

mr D

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 09:34:40 pm »
i get to listen to music all day long.

Mr H

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 09:39:12 pm »
There aren't many jobs where the man pays you for keeping his wife happy every month......  ;D

Regards
Mr H

groundhog

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 09:42:07 pm »
women paid me in asda today,problem is you have to rack your brains to think which house

I don't! I have about 400 customers and if I met any of them in the street I instantly know their name + address,what they do for a living, how much they pay and how much they owe!! I don't really need George as its all stored in my head!!!  ;D

mr D

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 09:56:48 pm »
women paid me in asda today,problem is you have to rack your brains to think which house

I don't! I have about 400 customers and if I met any of them in the street I instantly know their name + address,what they do for a living, how much they pay and how much they owe!! I don't really need George as its all stored in my head!!!  ;D

ditto ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 10:15:29 pm »
So why do I wash windows for a living:-

I am never stuck for cash. Since starting in1988 I have always been able to put my hand to some ready cash whenever I needed it.

I am free to come and go as I like, so if I fancy stopping for a pint on a hot summers day I can. 

The buck stops here, If there is a problem people come straight to me and sort it out face to face. I loathe back biting work place politics and petty whiners.

I choose how much or how little I earn. If I want to work two or three days a week or seven, I can decide.

I like to be in control of what I earn and how much work I do for it.

My working environment is often fantastic, I really like to get around the place and see how people live. There are some brilliant people out there to who really know how to live.

sorry I got bored and didn't finish. to be continued.........

That could have been my post.  Guess it says it for me really.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 10:18:25 pm »
Totally opposite to me.

I am in it for the money pure and simple, I dont get any enjoyment of cleaning any windows at the moment.

mr D

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 10:21:38 pm »
Totally opposite to me.

I am in it for the money pure and simple, I dont get any enjoyment of cleaning any windows at the moment.

yea but there aint much in window cleaning is there?! ???

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 10:26:07 pm »
Not much, but if you work at it there can be, I have 3 vans on the road so i can get away from the tool side of things.

geefree

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 10:34:32 pm »
Not much, but if you work at there can be, I have 3 vans on the road so i can get away from the tool side of things.
Totally opposite to me.

yea but there aint much in window cleaning is there?! ???

i understand .

OWC

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 10:37:50 pm »
Its ok until it rains for 2 weeks none stop

Steve CM

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 10:39:41 pm »
I am in it for the money pure and simple.

ditto! there is very good money in this game if its run right!

RSWindows

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 10:54:33 pm »
Totally opposite to me.

Very honest statement and i think that most of us if being honest will say the same, then come the percs that you can prioritize how u like

geefree

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 10:54:40 pm »
i going to jack my job in then.... and become a window cleaner.....  ::)

weetot

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 03:03:31 pm »
Yeh, its ok til' it tanks it down for 2 weeks, then you boil the kettle and stare oot the window.
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

kevin James

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 05:22:54 pm »
Totally opposite to me.

Very honest statement and i think that most of us if being honest will say the same, then come the percs that you can prioritize how u like

The thought of runing 3 vans, manning them, nightmare. I'd soon lose my enjoyment!
If you employ, say 5 blokes, then when their wives get the grumps they'll come to work & pass on the grief.  :( :( :(
No. No. N oooooooooooo

I'm on me own, I got 2 good mates with their own equipment & we come together for the big jobs. Its a joy to work with them.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
Too big is too serious.  >:( >:(

Kevin.