Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Car showrooms
« on: November 23, 2008, 04:39:44 pm »
Be careful with your carshowrooms, i learnt an intersting fact the other day.

Apparantly 25% of all franchised car dealers will go bust in the next 12 months.

Even though the manufacturers have a stockpile of cars, it is cheaper for them to let them rot than give them away cheap cheaply.

Dave

Nathanael Jones

Re: Car showrooms
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 05:09:16 pm »
Can't agree more,.. My father in law cleans one, and he's be cut back to a quarter of his normal hours,... my dad cleans another and the sales MANAGER is now on 3 days a week, with most of the other staff gone. He reckons if it wasn't for the income from the service dept, the place would be bankrupt already.

Llaaww

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 05:30:45 pm »
They do seem to be a bit shakey at the moment, but none of them have ever admitted to having any money. I just had one slip from two weeks to four, and another that I don't really trust to get through at all.

A bloke in poole asked how things were so I told him ok for us, he said his place was dire at the moment but he will always be there so keep goin (good bloke, Ballsy).

Car show rooms aren't really a very good earner but peoples ears prick up when you tell them where else you work. good for business.
if it is dirty it is fair game

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 05:31:48 pm »
Was talking to a mate of mine who is a manager of a local dealership, this quatertheir profit will be 85% down making a loss from then on. He reckons they wont last long & he said all the others are in the same boat.  :o

With the true national debt standing at £1,485 TRILLION & rising fast, with major tax rises to come in 2 years, this government has stuffed it.

For all those that have said "you have never had so much money" & thank Labour for that, now we will all pay the price. Labour did this last time they were in power, this time they have created a monster that will test even the Tories to sort out. BRING MAGGIE BACK.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 05:41:50 pm »
I always thought it was a bit daft letting the Banks be in charge of the economy. Credit, credit and more credit. I think sometimes i was the only one in Britain who thought "yes but one day you have to pay it back"
I'm waiting for customers to drop like flys after christmas.  :-\

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 05:51:18 pm »
I lost car showroom only a few months ago because they went bust,two site's  -
one was 135 a month and other 85 month, Easy jobs ! GUTTED ! :'(

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 05:53:54 pm »
The same car showroom - My friend done all the valeting for them,he has lost over a £1000 a week from them. OUCH!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »
It still stands true for me , I have still never had it so good, my mortgage is now down to 4%, I increased my business turnover 100% in the last 12 months.

Truth is i am miles better off now than i ever was under the tories.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 07:00:22 pm »
It still stands true for me , I have still never had it so good, my mortgage is now down to 4%, I increased my business turnover 100% in the last 12 months.

Truth is i am miles better off now than i ever was under the tories.

I think you're one of those guys who is more of a gogetter than most though Dave.  The truth is that which government is in power is largey irrelevant if you get out there and go for it.  OK so  a bit of tweaking here and there by the politicians can help or hinder a bit but my own income (even before I was self-employed) has usually had a lot more to do with my own efforts than the efforts of politicians.

Dale Smith

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 07:21:34 pm »
Got to admit I am worried a little for the 5 showrooms we do.
They are a good earner & you can tell they are struggling & have let staff go. Don't want to lose them as they are regular work, and reasonably easy to do.. :-\

Lets hope they pick up......
Swindon, Wiltshire.

davids3511

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 07:38:12 pm »
this time they have created a monster that will test even the Tories to sort out. BRING MAGGIE BACK.

Yeh, the Tories are great managers of the economy. Wish we had them in now for a bit more of this .... ht_tp://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/september/16/newsid_2519000/2519013.stm

RSWindows

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 10:58:58 pm »
Be careful with your carshowrooms, i learnt an intersting face the other day.

Apparantly 25% of all franchised car dealers will go bust in the next 12 months.

Even though the manufacturers have a stockpile of cars, it is cheaper for them to let them rot than give them away cheap cheaply.

Dave

that just sounds crazy, but i dont doubt its accuracy

geefree

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 11:06:08 pm »
They are a good earner & you can tell they are struggling & have let staff go. Don't want to lose them as they are regular work, and reasonably easy to do.. :-\

if you are worried , work hard now to replace it... either way then... you win. :)

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 07:41:42 am »
One of my customers sons has a business as a freelance valetor for a number of showrooms. His van never seems to move from outside his house these days. Theres only him and his mum and I think he is the breadwinner so I can expect to lose them before long.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 08:00:48 am »
this time they have created a monster that will test even the Tories to sort out. BRING MAGGIE BACK.

Yeh, the Tories are great managers of the economy. Wish we had them in now for a bit more of this .... ht_tp://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/september/16/newsid_2519000/2519013.stm

I remember that well.  Wasn't it called "Lamont's lament" at the time?   I hadn't been window cleaning that long and heard on the van radio that interest rates had risen 5% in a single day.  I thought "They'll be rioting in the streets if that sticks" - and I don't mean the people who you would normally expect to riot.  They had no choice but to pull out really as it waould have been political suicide otherwise.  I didn't have a mortgage then either.  However, that day did give rise to massive interest rate cuts which helped fuel the cheap money era (initially known as "recovery") that we are now starting to pay for.  I doubt that recent cuts will achieve the same though as the problems are far more complex this time.

gordonswindows

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 03:22:29 pm »
Great comment from stan the man

the rest of you were adding to the financial problems of these showrooms

doh
I lost car showroom only a few months ago because they went bust,two site's  -
one was 135 a month and other 85 month, Easy jobs ! GUTTED !
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 03:31:21 pm »
I dont think it was me that caused them to go £600,000 in debt  ???

DaveG

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 03:31:38 pm »

help them out and reduce your price untill the crunch is over  ;D

Just a thought....it will be hard to put the price back up when "the credit cruch" is over?
You can't polish a turd

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 03:38:32 pm »
For me to have made a £600,00 short fall, At my price i would have worked for them for 227 years  ;D

pingu

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 04:00:50 pm »
Now is the time to look at 'your' business and work at it...sometimes whether were full or near it we can still back and rest on our laurels.

See it as a wake up call....

Please do not get me wrong I am not be-littling the situation but seeing it as a opportunity to review what is good for me, my business and family.

Good luck to all.

Dave.