Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert stubbs

Leather problem
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:07:17 pm »
Hi all,
       Can this Leather suite be restored and how much roughly would it cost,l suspect its Aniline as it marks then rubs away.

Many thanks Rob.

robert stubbs

Re: Leather problem
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 06:14:37 pm »
This area feels very greasey and is the three seater of a three and two seater combination.

robert stubbs

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:22:54 pm »
This is the two seater and is darker but feels a bit like wax than grease and is consistant all over.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 06:34:15 pm »
I'd say wax pull up but yes you are correct.

Where's Roger?

Shaun

robert stubbs

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:52:11 pm »
Hi Shaun,
   I Cleaned a Carpet for customer and she wants her Suite doing as well, I informed her it could be more than £500 but said she would pay as she likes the suite and its not very old.

Regards Rob.

Ps  any takers to do the job.  07745452838  l'm nr Alton Towers

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 06:54:21 pm »
Robert
Looks like an aniline style leather
Question to ask:

Does it absorb moisture in all areas, if so it is suitable for the aniline restoration process which is fairly straightforward.

There may be grease problems that need attending to but this is difficult to tell from the photos. As long as the surface is not showing signs of cracking then this shouldn't be a problem.

Colour change on finished job is difficult to determine accurately so customer needs to be aware of this.

For aniline restoration:
Degreaser (if required)
Alcohol Clean
Aniline dye
Finish to customer expectation ( a variety of these are available)

The aniline dyeing process requires a certain amount of understanding of what results can be achieved and is a much more unpredictabe process than pigment restoration for the inexperienced but results can be very impressive and finish failure is unheard of unlike in pigment restoration where it can be a problem

Robert why not pick up the suite and bring it to us and we will train you how to do the job like we did for Mike Halliday and Shaun Ashmore - they really enjoyed the experience and now know how to do it properly for future jobs.
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 07:09:39 pm »
Robert
thats a good offer from LTT
you get the training and the cost will be paid for by the customer (£500) [or nearly]

robert stubbs

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 07:13:36 pm »
Hi LTT,
    Will be in touch.

Regards Rob

Kev Loomes

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 07:19:27 pm »
Robert
thats a good offer from LTT
you get the training and the cost will be paid for by the customer (£500) [or nearly]

I second that Joe.

Probably aniline but like Shaun says, looks suspiciously like a pull up.

robert stubbs

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 07:31:17 pm »
Hi all,

Been in touch with LTT and they have informed me that £500 is not far off the mark.

I have to clean a carpet for customer on friday, so if they want to go ahead with restoration, I will take it up to LTT and do it as a training day.

regards rob

PS  Shaun, when u took your suite to LTT did you take your truck mount out?   ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »
No didn't you know I'm like superman, I carried it to Harrogate on my own just to save on diesel, well you do know that there's a credit crunch!!

Shaun

Roger Koh

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 01:26:32 am »
Robert,

My proposal is that I will send you the products, and you diligently follow the instruction.

This is for a Restoration Cleaning for Aniline Wax Pull-Up (grease areas will be remove and the rest of the areas blend in with fatliquor5.0™ and the wax effect to be revived with waxEffect95™).

The beauty of this system is that it will restore to its originality characteristic and not turn the leather type into another pariah type.

No dyeing is necessary (I think so!)

It will come up beautifully.

If it does not work throw all the products away (you don’t need to pay a cent).

How’s that!

I will then spell out the sequence of steps you have to take

What do you think?

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor® System

carlton care

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 07:53:45 am »
Morning Roger,

Did you see my post about extremely dehydrated suite yesterday ?

robert m

Roger Koh

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 07:57:10 am »
Yes,

Waiting for your pictures!

Have a good day, Sir.

Roger Koh

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 08:15:30 am »
To restore this aniline wax pull-up better than present condition.

These are the objective to accomplish:

1: Stain Removing:
   To elect an effective “Green” stains removing procedure.
    To use water based leather safe products without the fire, health or environmental hazards.
   To reduce unwanted dye bleeds and deteriorates its finishes thus avoiding solvent or alcohol products.
   To avoid weakening of leather constituent hydrogen bonding, so using alkaline products is to be avoided.
   To remove the stains from within the leather structure entirely with no excuse.

2: Hydrate Leather Inter-fibrillary Structure:
   To soften and open up fibrils helps colloid water movement that brings dyes and foreign contamination to its surface. 
   To reduce leather surface tension so that fatliquors are absorbs evenly to produce a better aesthetic appearance.

3. Leather Structure Softening, Strengthening and Color Enhancement (without resorting to unnecessary redyeing):
   To replenish the original diminished fatliquor.
   To intensify color saturations to even out color difference within panels.
   To reduce or eliminate coarse breaks or creases an option with hot-kiss-plating.

4. Replenish Original Aniline Wax Pull-up Effect:
   To replenish and revive wax pull-up effect diminished through ageing.

5. Aniline Wax Pull-Up Leather Surface Conditioning:
   To enhanced leather with the unforgettable classic leather scent.
   To impart a non-stick surface essentially to shield the detrimental effects of sticky soiling.
   To increase leather resistance to wet and dry rubs, thus reduce scuff or abrasion.
   To act like a scuff repairer, filling and concealing surface scuffs to improve appearance.
   To produced a familiar sound, sweet to the ears when leather rubs.

Your financial consideration for these products is as follows plus free shipping with this offer!

Products:      Ready-To-Use in Liters      Equivalent Price in ₤ @ Nov 18th

d’Oil4.4™      60 ml            ₤23.84
d’Grease4.9™      1.32 L            ₤36.93
clean3.8™      3.9 L            ₤46.63
rinse3.0™      4.86 L            ₤51.60
relaxer3.3™      1.56 L            ₤23.27
fatliquor5.0™      1.5 L            ₤33.96
waxEffect95™      1.32 L            ₤35.15
leatherScent’D™   2.62 L            ₤59.32
                     (Total ₤310.70)

We shall go into detail procedural steps when you take up this challenge see Leather Teaser #2.

Roger Koh
info@leatherdoctor.org

Roger Koh

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 06:29:58 pm »
This area feels very greasey and is the three seater of a three and two seater combination.

One more point for your consideration.

This is a loveseat; bear in mind there is another sofa.

What ever services need to be done must fall within the below category of leather services to match different pieces especially in a combination set (loveseat plus sofa) so that at any given time both pieces look, feel and scent harmoniously even if they are service at different time due to different degrees of soiling.

Below is a typical life cycle of services and the professional has to match appropriate services with a good reason for the decisive choice with precise predetermined result.

In a Leather Appearance Management Program™ the details are spelled out to suit individual (home or commercial leathers).

1. Routine Cleaning
2. Periodic Cleaning
3. Restoration Cleaning
4. Refinishing to Original Leather Type

Here I am recommending Restoration Cleaning (without needs of redyeing).

Redyeing by itself is another risk of having to match with the sofa when they are put back side by side.

Before you decide which route to take, the responsibility lies on you.

Remember your reputation is at stake too.

I can only tell you that my prediction of result seldom fails, as I too have a reputation to keep!

Roger Koh
Leather Cleaning Restoration Forum . com

robert stubbs

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 07:03:04 pm »
Hi Roger,
         Many thanks for the offer as this will be my first Aniline restoration I would  feel more comfortable as an assistant and if the client goes ahead will take Andy and Judy up on their tutor session to complete the restoration. I hope this doe's not offend you and thankyou for the information.

Regards Rob.

Roger Koh

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 08:44:20 pm »
Rob,

Don’t feel bad, the decision is all yours.

You have not offended me, sincerely I feel a relieved!

I only hope that the work done does not offend the leather, is where my concern lies.

Roger Koh
Leather Cleaning Restoration Forum .com

robert stubbs

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 09:12:03 pm »

robert stubbs

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 04:53:31 pm »
Hi all,
      Leather restoration is going ahead on 9th of December at LTT, myself and Ian Hare are taking the suite up the night before . Dave Power is coming along for a small fee, room for one more to make upto four ,any takers contact me on 07745452838.

Regards Rob