Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Which rotary system should I go for ?
« on: November 08, 2008, 07:11:12 pm »
Guys - I need to invest soon in a bonnet / rotary system.

Can you give me your opinions on what is the best set up, assume that you were starting again and based on what you have used in the past, what would you go for now ?

I won't reply for a while coz I'm off to watch X-Factor.

Steve

CARPET KNIGHTS

Re: Which rotary system should I go for ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 07:20:31 pm »
Steve as you know i have the rotovac 360! I love it i think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Know to make it even better they have brought out a drive board for it, making it even more versatile. I don't have one but will be getting one soon imagine how much space you could save on the van with this one machine and how much less you would have to carry into the property. Put a pad on the drive board and you could even agitate with it!

Cheers Goron

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 07:39:29 pm »
I'd buy any quality 175rpm rotary & 10, 3ft x 2ft terry towels. and a scrub brush for the rotary.

then use Chemspecs Rotobright, M/S, or try Chemspecs new R-B 2 chemical

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:50:58 pm »
170 rpm rotary with Charly pads  ;D

Also have some microfibre and scrub pads from Mr VW that seem to be doing the business  ;)

......assuming you mean Low Moisture  ???

Seers

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:53:17 pm »
Hi Goron,

I am currently looking into purchasing the Rotovac 360. You would highly recommend it then? Would it be suitable to use on our scorpion 500psi machine?

Cheers,

Huw

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 08:01:45 pm »
Hi Huw

I love my 360 and use it on virtually everything.

I would say it would be fine with the scorpion you have plenty of power for it there.

cheers goron

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 07:44:37 am »
Yes you're right Chris I should have titled the thread "which low moisture system should I go for" - there has been a lot of talk lately on here about cimex encap, dry fusion, texatherm etc; - so I wondered if there were any major benefits of using any of these over an obviously less expensive set up like a 175rpm rotary with pads or bonnets.

I only want to buy one set up - preferably the most versatile.

Steve

clinton

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 09:25:18 am »
Steve

I have used dry fusion and texatherm systems and they were both good systems.

I use a rotary and pads now with prochem bonnet buff and achieve a good clean :)

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 09:42:38 am »
Charly's work well with MS & MP.......... I  have HWE machine by one side door and Numatic rotary by other .......... Minitex and same set of solutions in centre, how versatile is that  ::)

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 11:37:52 am »
I have Dry Fusion, and it's the most profitable tool in my arsenal.

I also have a Victor Sprite 400 230rpm.

If I was to have just one rotary machine, the Victor would be my first choice. At 400mm/15" it's not too big or cumbersome or heavy. 230rpm tends to work a little quicker than 175.  If you were to go to the larger 450mm/17" machine, though still 230rpm, the outer edges of the pad/brush would be too fast and risk scorching polyprop if you weren't careful.  The Victor Sprite is built like the proverbial Brick One. I bought mine new in 1984ish, and apart from a lick of paint and a new scrubbing brush, nothing else has changed. Never "serviced" or repaired. A good solid workhorse.

A rotary is versatile. I use mine to agitate on commercial grade axminsters with a polyprop scrubbing brush. I've agitated too with skimming pads and bonnets on all types of carpet. On larger low profile carpets, you can work in protector with the skimming pad. So much quicker than with a pile brush.  I've used Charly's successfully with Victor (actually, her name is Sandra because she's a great little scrubber. Don't ask ;) )Obviously you can bonnet too. I recently worked on 1200sqM of generic bonneting with DFC 105 and the results were superb.  I've used a 3M white floor polishing pad with my Victor to help a colleague do some Encap cleaning. We had several machines available on site. A 175 rpm was krap, the victor 230rpm was pretty damn good, but the best machine for this job was a 17" 300rpm.

If you wanted one of the branded rotary systems, although I feel that the Dry Fusion is the best LM system out there, I would go for the Texatherm. This is because the actual machine offers more versatility than the "Little Red Fire Engine". It's more of a conventional rotary and, I think, about 175rpm. Gary Webber works closely with Texatherm, so perhaps he could confirm the rpm.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:30 pm »
Hi Guys

I have Texatherm it's 170 rpm. I get really good results on low profile tiles , been experiemnting with diffferent chemical make ups.

A slow speed rotary can be used with any number of different pads, chemicals etc but if you want to call it Texatherm you have to use their chemicals, same with DF I believe.

Cheers

Doug

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 12:31:12 pm »
But how much more versatile than the 360 could you get?

Rotary extractor,
rotary hard floor cleaner,
agitator and
bonnet machine

with variable speed upto 300rpm

That is what i would call versatile!

Cheers Goron

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 01:19:14 pm »
I agree Goron, thing is people don't want to pay the £1500 plus vat and some extra for the plates which are around £300 a piece??

I think it's a cracking machine but at the end of the day people willonly spend so much.

Shaun

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 02:28:36 pm »
Must admit Goron it's a good machine, just watched the video for it - like a mini RX20.

But as Shaun said its a lot of dosh when you consider a rotary with drive board, tank etc is about £500.

Steve

Paul Davidson

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 02:39:12 pm »
But how much more versatile than the 360 could you get?

Rotary extractor,
rotary hard floor cleaner,
agitator and
bonnet machine

with variable speed upto 300rpm

That is what i would call versatile!

Cheers Goron

Hello guys,

Goron it certainly looks an impressive machine, Do you use the 360 on domestic carpets or only Commercial?

cheers

Paul

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 02:44:35 pm »
I did not know you could use 230rpm for bonnet cleaning.

If so back to Ebay

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 02:47:17 pm »
I think for a 1 man operation it's a winner for a 2 man team on a van I would use more different machines for the reason

1 pre vacs and spots whilst the other brings in pre spray and aggitator, then while No2 is pre spraying and aggitating No1 will bring in the hoses and wand and start extracting then No.2 can be setting up turbo driers and edge cleaning, No1 will then be  packing away, or something like that.

1 machine will speed up 1 person but with 2 people there is a time when they are redundant.

Shaun

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 09:31:36 pm »
Shaun yes it is a big investment compared to a low speed rotary but compare it to a dryfusion machine which is £1914.75 for the machine only.don't know the price of the tex machine!

Paul i use it on whatever i can as i love it. it really shows what the wand leaves behind and is better at lifting the pile too.

Cheers Goron

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 08:17:06 am »
What dont you use it on, Goron.
Is it type of carpet or size of rooms ?

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 08:43:19 am »
I don't do belgium wilton with it, it may be alright, but i just like to have that extra control of what is happening then.

Cheers Goron