Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maxcarpets

Xmas ??????
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:38:11 pm »
Anyone noticed an increase in business yet???? Must say not yet here.

COLIN BRIGHT

Re: Xmas ??????
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 04:50:09 pm »
sept and october very busy,much busier than usual, november looking the same so far.

kerrpmiddleton

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 05:14:54 pm »
 >:( thinking the same my self to day not all that busy ,phone very quite , do mail shot  tonight to drum up some work ,watch this will be busy as any thing , not able to get on with work ,for answering phone

fenclean

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 05:32:15 pm »
Last November was useless. Not expecting to break any records this month.

Steven.

craigp

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:12 pm »
dont know about this year yet, but last year jan and feb was better for me than nov and dec.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:41:15 pm »
i've been fairly busy last few weeks in the wisbech/lynn/march/chatteris/ely areas, but then i've spent an hour at the end of each day putting flyers out, getting a few jobs a week from them so thats paying off, although got soaked today  :'(

Ricky M

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 07:28:31 pm »
Booking on average 3 jobs a day ( mon-Fri )

Dec looking close to full  :D

on the whole next year is looking good , averaging around 13 jobs pre-booked for each month ;) ;)

The fitting side of things is going to be busy in Jan ( might of bite off more than I can chew  :o

Ricky T
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Neil Grainger

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 07:44:34 pm »
Ricky

If you are that busy I hope you are sitting at the top of the tree and got people out working for you as being that busy already you should have at least 3 vans on the road as your demand is obviously very high.

Well done for having that amount of work, you must be one of the CC industries top performers.

Happy days

Neil

colin thomas

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 08:39:02 pm »
i'm usually nicely busy most of the year but i NEVER get many bookings for xmas until december, i have one office that books me for dec 28th, they booked me in july this year! but work booked in for january? wow, that is going some,

colin
colin thomas

Ian Rochester

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 10:28:48 pm »
As my mother used to say "Don't believe everything I read!!"

mitch2810

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 10:32:22 pm »
I am booked up every day for the next two years. It must be true because it says so on cleanitup. Like Lionheart says don`t believe everything you read.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 10:34:28 pm »
There is alot of BS but the older cleaners will get booked up quicker as they have the customers also you get a bit wise to it all and book the customers in when you want them.

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 11:05:44 pm »
Very busy since May but never booked more than 1 week in advance but the work comes in.  More commercial this year.  Figures best in 9 years but then I expect growth ever year.  Next year will be interesting.

Only two jobs booked for December.

I never believe those who say their booked weeks in  advance unless I know them personally and even then ;)

Mark

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 11:14:25 pm »
i have tomorrow anf fri an monday booked, then a big job at end of month, very rare that i am booked up more than a week in advance,
however still up year on year, since 1989,  up 7k on last 7 months compared to last years same period.

contract cleaning wise, have had 1 customer cut back 25%, but dont want to lose us, another has just cut back a little.
gained 7 new cleaning contracts this year alone, so not to worried.

As for work for next year i have customers who will be using me, eg 2 3 times a year, but i dont count that as being booked in.

have noticed a small drop locally in domestic c c , but jan and feb where always better months for me.

Andrew

clinton

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 07:23:30 am »
Got nearly a week booked up so far for xmas month buy they are all repeat clients :)

Could do with new clients kust must be hard for the newbies ???

M.Acorn

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 07:32:18 am »
Really good Sept,Oct not soo good,Nov started off bad but has picked up here ,3 quotes to do all via net,all last night ! couple of big jobs for letting agy,will go towards the new turbo  :(
What goes around comes around

Joe H

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 07:53:40 am »
Sept was excellant,
Oct was above average,
Nov - if it keeps on will be above average,
and Dec - 2 booking, one taken Monday and the other yesterday and both requested same day (10th) !!

Ricky M

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 08:42:13 am »
Neil and you non-believers , Ive been handed down a small family biz thats been going for bout 30 years
with lots of regs, ( the biz had not be advertised for 5-6 Years but still the phone rang) in truth the biz has never been booked up in this way before but with the work I used to be involved in , Ive brought some of my marketing ideas from a Large national company and reduced them to suite a small family biz , I have 2 vans , 1 on the road that I use and another being kitted up the March-April spring push . 

I belive that to get a lil less for for the job at hand but to get more in the long run makes for sustainable Growing biz .

Neil ive actually work booked for the next 3-5 years depending on the clients individual needs.

And its growing slowly , ive a 3 year plan to stick to , to get where I would like to be .

I Hired & trained Hundreds of men over my 8 years with the Group . The first thing I taught was not to listen to the old heads negativity but always take on positive comments and guidance from the old heads.

There have been 5 CC that ive spoken with that have given positive guidance , THANK YOU

The doubters , yes I can see why you would doubt , but thats ok keep doubting .

Ricky T           
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 08:52:08 am »
I'm normally booked a week in advance with a few jobs booked in the distant future, most of them from people who have the decorator booked and want me to come in as they finish ( but these jobs never go to plan, whenever does a decorator finish the day they say ::)  )

but its a bit strange at the moment, I have all the mornings booked for nearly 3 weeks mostly with suites so now I'll filling the afternoons.

if every day you have work for tomorrow, you don't need to be booked for weeks in advance.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 08:54:19 am »
Mike you watching BBC1....the marketing mans on it the now
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.