Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul W Jones

How to achieve a better clean.
« on: November 04, 2008, 11:26:49 am »
It's been a while since I last posted on this forum but I'm still a regular viewer.  I did a job yesterday on the dirtiest carpet I've ever tackled; food stains, drink, pets, heavy soiling etc,.  I use a Sebo B36, Sebo Duo and Powr Flite Pro.

I did my usual pre clean routine and used my usual pre-spray of One-Step Premium Fineline with Hydramaster Greasebreaker.  When I came to extract it was obvious that more 'oomph' was needed so I went over the dining room and then started again.  I used Ultrapac Renovate as a pre-spray this time and the carpets cleaned more easily but while the owners were really pleased with the results I felt that I could have, or would have liked to, achieved a better result.  Some traffic marks in the Lounge, whilst greatly improved, had not been completely removed and I worked on these by hand for a while too.

Is there an answer or a better product I should try using?  I've always achieved good results but this one has stumped me.

Gerry Styles

Re: How to achieve a better clean.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:51:08 am »
seems to me that you did a really good job. sometimes when you get a trashed carpet it will never come up as new. traffic marks will not always come out. as you customer was pleased don't beat yourself up over it.
Premier Klean Limited

spencer davies

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:32:16 pm »
Instead of using a better product, try and borrow a better agitator, something like an Enviro Dry 400, the SEBO is just too light. Sometimes after agitating with the Envirodry, stains have simply disappeared (we use m/s)

Regards

S

des

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:32:44 pm »
Get yourself a demo of a envirodri to agitate your prespray first  Des
des at mister clean

des

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:34:38 pm »
Sorry spencer it seems i was typing my answer at the same time Des ;D
des at mister clean

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 03:54:54 pm »
Great minds.............. ;D

Regards

S

mitch2810

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 04:03:45 pm »
Has anybody compared the Solutions CRB to the Envirodry for agitating and if so which comes out on top?

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 04:11:46 pm »
I'd support the above posts about better agitation.

I have a couple of Envirodri's, I've used a Prochem T4 and I used the pre-production model of the Solution's machine before Solution UK took it on-board.  Performance wise, there's nothing to choose between them. The T4 is the quietest, the Envirodri is the most user-friendly and the Solution machine is the most versatile plus it's bearings are designed to work in the wet environment of agitating pre-sprays (warranty will not be voided).

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 06:06:39 pm »
Has anyone got a Solutions CRB.

mitch2810

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 06:15:20 pm »
So price aside Ken, which machine would you go for?

spencer davies

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 06:18:22 pm »
I used the new Prochem Procaps machine for a week, excellent agitation and really useful
integrated solution tank, unfortunately the one I had was really un-reliable, it went back to the supplier and I haven't heard anything since  ???

Regards

S

derek west

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 06:40:05 pm »
depending on carpet and backing.
i'd of used powerburst with citrus boost, duo the traffic areas, extracted with clearwater rinse from hydramaster, full heat at about 600 psi. then i'd of microsplittered the traffic lanes and duo'd again, then same extraction. never fails. well! not yet anyway but its early days for me.
derek

davep

Derek_Walker

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 07:17:39 pm »
Derek, just an observation but  that would probably be overkill especially with the equipment you have at your disposal. Apart from the Duo which is a bit underpowered I would just use a bit more dwell time then extract, then if needed go over it with a rotary bonnet machine to pull off any remaining moisture and soiling. You would be surprised at what a difference this will make to the traffic lanes.

colin thomas

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 07:41:58 pm »
jonesboy, buy a 5ltr bottle of m-power, take the top off and blow the fumes over the carpet, you will be amazed, as if by magic, all stains will be gone,

colin    ;D
colin thomas

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 07:47:15 pm »
Mitch

I don't think that there's one machine better than the other. The prime consideration must be Which is best suited to your needs.

If you do a reasonable amount of Dry Compound Cleaning, then the Solution or other similar machines would be your best bet.

If you also wanted a pile lifter, then ditto to the Solution and similar with their on-board, but quickly detachable, vac unit.

As my primary need is agitation, The Envirodri and T4 are best suited to my needs. Both have a good range of brushes, but money talks and the T4 costs a little more.  Also, the T4 can only work with the handle dropped in one direction. The Envirodri works with the handle dropped to the front, the back and also if secured in the upright position (can use like this on larger stairways). Both can work with the handle removed for normal stair cleaning. So, the Envirodri has the edge for my needs.

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

derek west

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 08:54:08 pm »
davep
i use 1 pint to 5 gallon in my chemical container for my truckmount, its good value for money and goes a long way.
derek walker
i thought the question was about your dirtiest carpet scenario so i gave my dirtiest carpet scenario answer, i hardly ever need to use that combination. oh and i don't need to bonnet dry, trucky gets most of the moisture out and the room dryer finishes the rest. but thanks for the advice.
derek

craigp

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 09:03:07 pm »
off white wool by any chance?

or is it the ployester and wool loop piles the ones night mare to clean they go past a point of no return quicker than most. water mark, browning ect.

tell customer she left it to long ;D

sounds like she let it get hammered then expected paul daniels come to clean it! ;D

Derek_Walker

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 09:39:50 pm »
Derek,  I know it is only theoretical and as I say it was just purely an observation. I run the same machine as you and have done for over 6 years. I have come up against some of the filthiest carpets around and normally would just need to clean it once to get the desired result, with the power and heat available from the 421. I never use a blower to dry the carpets after the job as most of the moisture is removed and dries quickly. Of course if you are offering completely dry as part of the service then fair dues. The point I was trying to make without it sounding like preaching was that with any water extraction, truckmount or not, there is always more soil that will wick to the surface and by using a bonnet mop will take the excess soil and spots away as well as helping to remove more moisture. 

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 08:13:10 am »
I'd support the above posts about better agitation.

I have a couple of Envirodri's, I've used a Prochem T4 and I used the pre-production model of the Solution's machine before Solution UK took it on-board.  Performance wise, there's nothing to choose between them. The T4 is the quietest, the Envirodri is the most user-friendly and the Solution machine is the most versatile plus it's bearings are designed to work in the wet environment of agitating pre-sprays (warranty will not be voided).

Ken

Do you buy a new machine  a month Ken>

Jonesboy what was the carpet made off Amazed you went from Microsplitters to Ulta pack renovate