Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M-Power on upholstery??
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:16:16 am »
does anyone use this stuff on upholstery, any good? :-*

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: M-Power on upholstery??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:22:56 am »
I have a love hate relationship with it, on upholstery I'm not too impressed I like MS or fab restorer for the worst, I think you may find it's horses for courses because there is no definative answer.

Like most chemical it is how you use it, if you use one chemical in the same way as another then you compare to 1 procedure when the application technique could be different, so side by side you will get differing results.

Mpower only works IMO with loads of aggitation and dwell time not all chemicals need these 2 things but again IMO I think it's great if you are a porti owner as you need the aggitation to allow/make up for the lower power where a TM is based on bigger flushing principles and heat.

Shaun 

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:41:37 am »
M Power, Minitex and rinse off  ;)
Great results for little effort  ;D

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 03:06:17 pm »
whats a minitex?

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 04:46:59 pm »
Hand held rotary machine .......... brushes for scrubbing & pads for buffing/cleaning off .............i then rinse away but not always needed  ;)

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 04:48:46 pm »
thats what i've been looking for all these years lol, where can you get them from Chris?

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 06:07:50 pm »
They're part of the Texatherm cleaning system, as far as i know you can only get them direct from Texatherm, will set you back around 300 quid plus VAT, with a few attachments.  Drive plate and 5 bonnet pads come as standard, you'll definitely need a tampico brush and I've also got a couple of the nylon brushes and some black and green floor pads.

Get one, you won't regret it!

www.texatherm.co.uk/

One piece of advice, make sure the surface is well lubricated and don't push too hard or allow the drive plate/brush to get wedged in the corner of the stars like I did.

Mine is now making a funny noise when I press hard, I presume I've burred off the teeth of the drive gear or something like that.  Need to send it back for repair :-\

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 06:10:17 pm »
cool, il have a look out for one, just what i need really ;)

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 06:12:23 pm »
Rare as hen's teeth second hand if that's what you're thinking, you'll probably have to go for a new one if you want one quick ;)

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 06:14:13 pm »
yeah i know, just been looking, cant see any anywhere apart from the texatherm website :'(

Carpet Genie

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 09:53:40 pm »
I had an email from texatherm today - details below;

The Minitex is 4kilos in weight and can be used for carpet and hard floor scrubbing, Carpet bonnet cleaning and upholstery cleaning with the pad and brush attachments.

I have attached the Minitex details with the accessories. The unit is now yellow and grey. The cost is £261.60 + vat and delivery is free next day from stock. The bonnet pads are £4.87 and the brush attachments range from £21.80 to £27.00 each.
Mike George

The Carpet genie

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 03:54:52 pm »
not too bad then really

davep