Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

Re: copyright
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 02:11:49 pm »
Mike,

yes I can understand the thinking behind these claims, and yes I know they are aimed at custy.

what I cant understand is How such claims can be made? 

when there are a great many c/cmaking the same claim, even side bye side in the same y/p  .

now are you telling me a custy is stupid?  because i dont think so, based on what I think and what custys have said to me ie. " I looked in y/p, but they are nearly all saying the same thing "

Obviously , I am wrong of course :-\  because all the marketing guru,s preach it, and lots of c/c use it.

Not for me though, I do the job to the best of my ability, I charge a reasonable price. I,m happy and hopefuly custy,s happy  . and as I am realistic :D  I know I am far from the best, and I know I dont make their carpets like new :)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 02:47:47 pm »
Two seperate things Geoff.

Differentiation is very important, hence needing a USP.

Unfortunately, while not stupid, people do tend to take what is said at face value especially when there  is no specific criteria set.

While we are on this type of thing, when you see 'Award winning carpet cleaner' I often wonder how many they were up against and whether it was bought with membership to a particular network or something. At the end of the day it's all perception and marketing, can't see why it bothers anybody, unless you do a brill job but your phone ain't ringing.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 05:08:54 pm »
Hi all,

Just a quick question. Im having a little trouble about a phrase I have on my website. It says as most of them does "The most thorough cleaning ever or its free".

I would like to know firstly if anybody knows where this phrase came from and to the best of my knoledge I did'nt think you could have a copyright on a slogan.

Also I did a search on google with that particular phrase and got a return of 5,300.000 hits, so according to me a lotta people in trouble. ;D

Bren

Have you been sued, have you had a warning if so from where?

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 05:19:40 pm »
I see you use a similar phrase ian, also, how do you manage to give £300 worth of free gifts to people who use your premium package?? ;D

Robert Watson

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 05:38:46 pm »
What about something a bit more subtle,
"Imagine your carpets clean and fresh again"
Power of suggestion maybe?
The Kitchen Door Centre

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 05:44:48 pm »
Theres a guy in Dunfermline that uses "The most thorough cleaning ever or its free".

he has never been on a altec course or signed up to it ........... ??? ???
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

clinton

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 06:01:21 pm »
There is many of those set ups here in cheshire/manchester all the same :o

Would never put that on my van or cards etc myself.

Robert Watson

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 06:02:45 pm »
Hi James. How ya doin?
Feel free to give me a bell sometime your in Edinburgh  ;)
The Kitchen Door Centre

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 06:05:53 pm »
when did you do your NCCA course Rabby, just wondering if you were on mine, was a guy from edinburgh there

Robert Watson

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 06:23:32 pm »
Hi Russell, It was November 2005  ::) maybe. I`m sure Bob will correct me.
I was hiding up the back, as usual.  8)
The Kitchen Door Centre

Bob Robertson

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2008, 07:48:49 pm »
 Rab end of September 2005  ;). All the ugly guys sat at the back. You, Chris Straker and Spencer  ;D

Bob

Robert Watson

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2008, 08:51:18 pm »
 >:(
The Kitchen Door Centre

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 07:26:46 am »
I see you use a similar phrase ian, also, how do you manage to give £300 worth of free gifts to people who use your premium package?? ;D

I am waiting for my wb master to change the site.  Unfortuantleyfor me he has been finishing is Phd .

I am very proud to anounce he has  and we kow have Dr Matt GourlayMsc. hons on our team as a consultant. Along with  Sophie the Cat ;D ;D