This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stoneleech

wfp brushes
« on: October 25, 2008, 06:32:58 pm »
how long do they usually last? i've been using my gardiners dual trim lite for about 3 months now, but getting complaints from customers recently of streaks on windows from seals at the top. my tds is 000 and my flow rate is quite generous and i think i'm quite thorough, i can only think its my brush thats causing the problem.

Jeff Brimble

Re: wfp brushes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 06:42:22 pm »
Doubt its the brush. Have you used other brushes and how long have you been wfping ?  Maybe its the seals ?

stoneleech

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 06:46:28 pm »
i've been going since july, the customers who are having problems are the ones who have been with me since the start and their windows are in good nick, I think if anything i over rinse at present.

ps outthere

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 06:51:30 pm »
I have been using my Vikans for 14 months, and they are still doing the job. Although I am looking for a lighter brush for my Harris pole.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 07:02:15 pm »
Doubt its the brush. Have you used other brushes and how long have you been wfping ?  Maybe its the seals ?

usually seals that come off black on a scrim or on your fingers if you run your finger across them (when wet) you will get problems. On those types you have to miss the top frame as you will always get problems with runs. (fortunately i only have one of those so far)

Runs are generally only caused by bad seals or not being thorough enough when cleaning the top frames imo.

ftp

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 08:20:51 pm »
I've got some white seals and the water just bubbles off them - terrible i've cleaned them with tfr double rinsed and have cleaned the house ten times now and they are still crap.  >:(

LWC

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 10:36:58 pm »
my vikans last forever, even with a cack brush this will never be the problem

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 11:06:42 pm »
I've got some white seals and the water just bubbles off them - terrible i've cleaned them with tfr double rinsed and have cleaned the house ten times now and they are still crap.  >:(

I just picked up a new customer like this, it made me almost cry, they keep running and running! WHAT the heck is up with that?!!!  :o

Kept going back and forth to windows like mad, everytime there was another run down the window. Lower windows I just wiped the seal and frame work dry, that's usually what I do, but this one was new for me. Haven't had a complaint, but her windows on the insides were dread ful lol *phew.

By the way, with normal windows I find that even if the top frame is spotless, and you get a run, you will still see a small dotted line usually.

ftp

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 07:22:02 am »
If i touch her seals they have a greasy feel to them i think it's the way they start to perish. I've seen the black ones that leech an ink like substance so it must be the same for the white too.