Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

Re: how much for this?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 05:46:21 pm »
ronnies spot on ,it took 2 of us from 9am - 2 pm and that would do 1000 litres

ftp, theres no access probs at all.  if we had a superlite then we would definalty of had it done quicker,the guys doing it now use an ergolite 60

peter holley

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 05:48:25 pm »
the rumours are £300 external monthly

complete madness :o

STEVE-UK

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 05:49:50 pm »
Drove past there a month ago and they were rot.

this job is right on the beach and can be hanging in just a day!

ftp

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 05:51:26 pm »
Clearly some don’t have a clue, over a £1,000 for that for a regular clean.

But if you are going to take all week, then that would explain you’re pricing.

;D ;D

£1000 for a days work? Even two guys is a tad expensive i would imagine the days of those prices are quickly coming to an end.

jaykie

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 05:58:05 pm »
So you price at about 40p a pane.

jaykie

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 06:00:23 pm »
Good luck to them as ive seen these lads doing work and dont seem to have much of a clue, yer it might take a day but why price this on a days work just because of wfp a few years back it would of taken a couple so why spend money on system then reduce price.

LOL,

1:  Because you are more likely to get the job.

2:  Innovation (wfp) means you are able to lower prices.

3:  You understand the pricing structure in your industry.

List goes on, try using you’re the stuff between your ears, that will separate you from the crowd.

Sorrry Ewan your opinion doesnt mean much to me

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 06:04:53 pm »
 ;)

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 06:12:50 pm »
Ewan do you ever think that sometimes you're the sensitive emotional one?

If you re-read your last post I think you'll find it loaded with emotion (mostly negative, seemingly anger)

jaykie

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 06:15:30 pm »
Good luck to them as ive seen these lads doing work and dont seem to have much of a clue, yer it might take a day but why price this on a days work just because of wfp a few years back it would of taken a couple so why spend money on system then reduce price.

LOL,

1:  Because you are more likely to get the job.

2:  Innovation (wfp) means you are able to lower prices.

3:  You understand the pricing structure in your industry.

List goes on, try using you’re the stuff between your ears, that will separate you from the crowd.

Sorrry Ewan your opinion doesnt mean much to me

It not supposed to, but there’s no denying some of the things I mention are true.

So where does that leave you, waiting for somebody else to say the exact same thing or will you reject the info then because I agree?

You do need to have emotion in business, but not your childish sort.

My childish sort, when have you ever read a post from me that makes me sound like a child, maybe my price was the top end of the market, but incase you where un aware where this hotel is is as far south as you can imagine and thats where the highest prices are, and as i have a very respectful wfp owner who is in my family who helps with pricing my jobs down here (steve-uk knows him), im sure he hasnt got the contracts hes got just threw luck, and hes helped me secure some, and they themselves have passed me onto other people, photo included of below of the kind of work im getting

jaykie

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 06:16:56 pm »
also the quote is for the green parts between each glass panel, and as that hotel is not far from me and i pass it weekly the ground floor windows are massive and there is glass roof.

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 07:17:34 pm »

If you re-read your last post I think you'll find it loaded with emotion (mostly negative, seemingly anger)

Definitely like I said you do need to be emotional about your business, but you make your decisions with using your head.

You can be or choose to be narrow minded and ignorant. But if you ask a question and get an answer you don’t like, tuff.

That depends, head and heart are easily confused, one leads to success the other to down the pan.

Perhaps I should have asked if perhaps you're OVERLY sensitive.

You do appear to throw your rattle out the pram quite often.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 08:04:55 pm »

And so is the Brighton centre just up the road
Spitting distance,Chris if you want to meet up still ring me next week sometime.I was holding the pole at 45ft when you rang.

ftp

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 08:13:11 pm »
RWC i can't see the prices staying sky high much longer, more and more people are getting wfp van systems and good kit so the competition is bound to get hotter all the time driving prices downwards. I can't see them going higher ever - too much competition and the recession too.
 The same thing is going to happen to gutter cleaning in the end, as more and more buy up the kit.
 Just my opinion and i would like to be proved wrong.

peter holley

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 08:37:11 pm »
RWC i can't see the prices staying sky high much longer, more and more people are getting wfp van systems and good kit so the competition is bound to get hotter all the time driving prices downwards. I can't see them going higher ever - too much competition and the recession too.
 The same thing is going to happen to gutter cleaning in the end, as more and more buy up the kit.
 Just my opinion and i would like to be proved wrong.

i agree with that, we will all be forced to be more competive although £300 for that hotel is madness :o...i dont think the domestic market will be affected though, for some strange reason everyone wants a slice of the big jobsand so theres competition as buisnesses often go for a better price...

domestic customers are happy to pay if you  have good customer relation skills , are reasonable and you are RELIABLE....iv had people trying to undercut me on most of my  domestic round y 50%and iv not lost any!

by the way i would have said £700 for that hotel

jaykie

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 09:08:37 pm »

And so is the Brighton centre just up the road
Spitting distance,Chris if you want to meet up still ring me next week sometime.I was holding the pole at 45ft when you rang.

No worrys will do, ill ring you in the evening sometime and organise  coming over when your not working.

Definitely like I said you do need to be emotional about your business, but you make your decisions with using your head.

You can be or choose to be narrow minded and ignorant. But if you ask a question and get an answer you don’t like, tuff.

That depends, head and heart are easily confused, one leads to success the other to down the pan.

Perhaps I should have asked if perhaps you're OVERLY sensitive.

You do appear to throw your rattle out the pram quite often.

No not at all I am never that excited about forum banter, just because a few of my post are a bit blunt to some post that are blatantly wrong sometimes that’s the best way to get the point across, as it has more impact.

My response to RWC is done in all sincerity because it a true answer for his understanding, wfp will enable you to be more competitive as will lot’s of other reasons.

If you don’t understand why, then you need to start thinking for yourself, you won’t be able to keep running to somebody else for all the answers if you are supposed to be in charge.
The fact that my response was brushed aside in that manner shows immaturity, he can stay that way or moves forward it’s all his choice and that doesn’t affect me either way.

I wish RWC all the best success, food for thought though it’s not the size of the building that you get to clean it’s the size of your business that count’s. You can interpret that how you like.

No bodys running to somebody else for all the answers, we all ask questions if we didnt then this forum wouldnt excist and if you know all the ansewers then why do you come on a forum yourself.

Chris

STEVE-UK

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 09:19:34 pm »
chris, was that one of the hotels you canvassed?

MJH

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 10:28:55 pm »
£1400

Thistle hotels paying over 15k a year for external windows only!!! Not a prayer!!

peter holley

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 10:29:53 pm »
now then girlies put the hand bags away :o

MJH

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 10:32:16 pm »
now then girlies put the hand bags away :o

???,  would say £500 a clean, thats reasonable in todays markets :)

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 10:38:23 pm »
Me and STEVEUK got £100 each to do this job and the grabbing B*****d of a boss
got the rest!   greedy C**T