Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Protect your RO's
« on: October 25, 2008, 09:10:54 am »
just seen matts post and i think this is a valid point as i know what can happen to RO's in the frost

on a serious note, last year when it got that cold, i had my ro in the garage but with the doors open, i went back to it after the frost , i heard "drip drip drip" i was like hmmm, lets go see, the frost had smashed all my pre filter housings, i had no water i was absoulty gutted, so quickly ordered them, lost a few days pretty much a week i think

THEN...i got them, fitted them, mint i thought, but oh no, water fine though prefilters, looked saw water piddling outta somewhere looks again and it had smashed the membrane housings!!!

i was not impressed and lost about 2 weeks to that!

PROTECT YOUR RO's

lovewindows

Re: Protect your RO's
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:28:02 am »
just seen matts post and i think this is a valid point as i know what can happen to RO's in the frost

on a serious note, last year when it got that cold, i had my ro in the garage but with the doors open, i went back to it after the frost , i heard "drip drip drip" i was like hmmm, lets go see, the frost had smashed all my pre filter housings, i had no water i was absoulty gutted, so quickly ordered them, lost a few days pretty much a week i think

THEN...i got them, fitted them, mint i thought, but oh no, water fine though prefilters, looked saw water piddling outta somewhere looks again and it had smashed the membrane housings!!!

i was not impressed and lost about 2 weeks to that!

PROTECT YOUR RO's
So what sort of temp would you take that action on ?
If i used isopropanol would that prevent damage to the RO ?
My first Winter with WFP so any advice would be welcome.
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 04:58:01 pm »
At the moment my system is in my van as ill be setting up static in the new year, how can i protect it, was looking at putting one of those heaters in van over night but not sure as to how expensive they are to run cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130258166727

or is there another option.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:03:23 pm »
I don't really want to be messing around with a heater, I bought a greenhouse heater for this, but thinking about it, I'd rather wrap it up in something.