This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

New vech
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:28:54 am »
Ok guys, now been wfp for a little over 2 years and been using a Nissan Vanette, twin sliding doors and it has been fine but now I find that I will need to invest in a new vech in the next 18months...given that it is such an expense...I thought I would start doing some homework.

I 'feel' that with our job we work from the outside of the vech in..(give me time!)now every job door opened hose is pulled out, doors shut, doors opened poles out, doors shut...go back for that little pole doors opened,doors shut...

So you can see my beef is with the opening and shutting of the doors all the time.

So I have been thinking that maybe a pickup would be the way to go with say a gardiners style 400l tank on a skid mount or frame...hose reel on top....

Does anyone else feel this would be a better way to work...ok so I have a garage to park my vech overnight, I know many do not...so this would be a problem for some.

Do you feel this would be a better way of working?, now I love Landrovers but does anyone know anything about pickups, milage's, running costs etc?

Cheers
Dave.

MJH

Re: New vech
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:51:11 am »
my friend just traded in his warrior for a raging bull and the new pickup is meant to be very good a vast improvement on the older model, cheaper road tax and better mpg,  30 around town!!!

But at 17k plus they are pricey.

elite mike

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:13:16 am »
talking to a mate last night, who is a plumber

he has a toyota hi ace , he has had it from new  R REG

apart from routine service ,has never spent a penny on it :o

its done 150.000 and still has the same exaust  honestly :o

i know what ime getting next ;D

LWC

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:19:48 am »
id love a l200 warrior or new navara outlaw, something like that, and before i got my van i was gonna get one

great for family too, if its a double cab pickup.

the only thing is, once you got your tank in the back, thats pretty much all your getting in there as a window cleaner how has a ranger told me the other day

i dont think the fuel usage is much diff to a big van.

although for fuel usage, i cannot fault my vivaro, £95 full tank and 600 miles

Kevin R

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 04:25:33 pm »
A good friend of mine works from a pick up.  It has a front locker that houses the pumps etc and the flat tank is behind that with the reels and he has pole racks on the tank. He loves it except its more prone to freezing and he wishes he got a black tank as algae can be a problem. He also has to remove his poles at night.  Two people work from the pick up and as you say no doors means a little more efficiency. I have worked from it and I have to admit is a good set up but I still prefer my van for security.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 05:38:24 pm »
If your thinking of using a Navara you need 1 with the cab on the back,it gives you almost double the room with a custom made tank.