This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Irresponsible mail article
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:24:22 pm »
I was told today about a recent news article in one of the Mail publications (daily or sunday I presume) which was giving advise about the present economic situation, and which stated that "window cleaning was recession proof, and that £60,000 pa was easily achievable". Id love to read the full  story if anyone has seen it and find out where they sorced this. Difficult to comment too much without seeing it but definately not a fair representation of our industry as a whole, doesnt do anyone any favours.Plenty of wc feeling the pinch at the mo and not earing a fraction of that figure!

Re: Irresponsible mail article
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 06:32:07 pm »
Easily achievable what planet they on? Not for the regular Joe window cleaner it isn't.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:40:23 pm »
this one could turn into a earnings pole here, but I think its upto the customer as to wether or not its ressession proof or not.

Will they put up with dirty windows to save a £10 a month. Some might decide to do it themselfs, but for the other two situations who dont have the time or they physically cant anymore. I think we wont loss these customers.

A few have said to me before (older customers) that they did one window per day, and it knackered them. Some spending one week trying to get round all there windows, and another slipped on a two step ladder and had to get 50 stiches, then called me.

I think window cleaning is a much needed service for some and we wont see too much in the loss of earnings from these sort of customers.

Gerard  :)

seandyer2003

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:48:07 pm »
lost my first to recession last night, only a few quid for an upstairs flat where i do about 4 windows for him!! Only 4 a fortnight, i asked if he wanted to go monthly he said no! Bit miffed but its not a great loss :) i picked 30+ last week on that estate but makes you wonder if its still gonna hit hard in future as i thought i was not gonna get bothered by it but worrying now every time i ask someone for more than £5 i think will they cancel because they need money??!!!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:19 pm »
...and here we are again.

Why does anyone take any notice of the Daily Tripe?