This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MNWC

Are you still building your round up ??
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:53:16 am »
Ive been window cleaning now for seven years wfp for just over two.

Have you lot got your round just how you want or are you still perfecting it

Id like to get rid of all my under £10 ones and replace them with A minimum charge of £10 im doing it slowly it takes time !

Marcus...

Ian W

Re: Are you still building your round up ??
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:58:42 am »
I have only been going full time since the beginning of the year, having bought some work. My round can be great and it can be really frustrating. Some are priced really well and others are ridiculously low. Slowly changing it, but as you said, it will take me some time.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

dmlservices

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:00:24 pm »
hi
been window cleaning for over 20 yrs , never stop building, you will always need to replace lost custys ,or as you say getting your average price up, i am constantly adding new ,the chaff falls to the bottom for rainy days , then finally removed,i do tend to cherry pick work now though

daz

ok cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:01:05 pm »
same for all of us i think we all got good and bad priced jobs and that is part of the game noting is purrrrfect ?

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 12:06:31 pm »
snap!

On starting new in the area, i was needing income so i priced cheap (not really cheap but cheap all the same). Im now in a position to increase my prices which i will be doing so steadily and have good feed back from my customers by way of recommendations.

Those "nice" customers who are on the cheap prices i will keep (basically because i believe in good karma, and they helped me to achieve a starting customer base), but those that mess me about (not this month, not that month, and bad payers), well they will get dropped like a bad smell, as i pick up more and more worthwhile customers that actually appreciate the service i provide.

Refining your customer base is a constant thing, to build up to those bigger better jobs. However dont forget those that helped you on your way.

S.A.J

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 12:15:28 pm »
8 years on and always looking for new work even tho I don’t need it!

If you stand still in this game you go backwards in my opinion!!

Stuart

JSMC

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:16:22 pm »
snap!

On starting new in the area, i was needing income so i priced cheap (not really cheap but cheap all the same). Im now in a position to increase my prices which i will be doing so steadily and have good feed back from my customers by way of recommendations.

Those "nice" customers who are on the cheap prices i will keep (basically because i believe in good karma, and they helped me to achieve a starting customer base), but those that mess me about (not this month, not that month, and bad payers), well they will get dropped like a bad smell, as i pick up more and more worthwhile customers that actually appreciate the service i provide.

Refining your customer base is a constant thing, to build up to those bigger better jobs. However dont forget those that helped you on your way.

wise words. don't forget the people who helped you out in the 1st place i say

Dean Aspects

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 01:12:07 pm »
I have been going for thirteen years taking on all sorts of work and was a busy fool so for the past year or so i have weeded out alot of the lower end i now only take on jobs that pay a better hourly rate than what i have so my round is constantly changing
I think it also helps keep the motivation up as doing the same jobs time and time again can become monotonous i am not far off having a perfect for me round some more commercial would be good but not essential

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 01:48:06 pm »
Just over the year mark for new so fairly new to the business but will continue to build my round, and when I have too much to do, then I'll take someone on to give me a hand, as well as trying to get rid of some of my less favourable jobs on the way.

I think this is something that you have to keep doing, as you come across problematic payer etc. If you have a potential job that will pay more, you not going to keep doing the ones that are causing you hassle.

I think it is possible, too have too cheap jobs and nuisance customers that can make your round terrible to do each month, even for those who say it’s the best job in the world. But by perfecting your round and taking on larger better paid jobs you can regularly improve your job satisfaction and achieve much more that you had hoped for.

I would say that I am quite fortunate though to have some of the nicest people I know, on my round. I met a guy yesterday that asked me to give him a quote, he had no problem with the price that I quoted him and told me to just come straight up the door was open. Maybe he was a little too trusting, but I guess when people see the logo-ed car they know your not just some dole boy out for some extra cash. Any way, there is some pretty decent people out there, and I am positive there is more of them than the ones that couldn’t give a toss about you, but the unfortunate thing is we have to find them bad ones first too know who to avoid.

Gerard  :)

pingu

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 02:13:52 pm »
Been going 114 weeks and still building, when I have reached the target I have set...then it's time to drop those PITA accounts and replace...that will then be the 'battle' of maintaining a 'good wage v time spent'.

Dave.

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 02:53:23 pm »
Mine is still building up but got to a stage where I am "getting rid" of the stuff that I dont like so much i.e low priced or georgian to a mate of mine who has just started his own business. To be honest though, I've been wondering wether I've started getting rid a bit too early on :S only time will tell I spose lol
when I'm cleaning windows

MNWC

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 03:42:54 pm »
Why are you getting rid of Georgian ....you can put a premium on those because trad guys hate em !!

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 03:50:14 pm »
Why are you getting rid of Georgian ....you can put a premium on those because trad guys hate em !!

Yeah with wfp they are really easy. especially if you do inside too. If it leaks you can just wipe up as you clean the inside :D

Dale Smith

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 04:08:21 pm »
Still building for us, beginning to get a round together, but we are still a way off being really busy.
Been going just over a year now, and its been hard.... but its definately getting there ... :)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

MNWC

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 04:10:40 pm »
i take it there's two of you ....

What is your ideal amount of costumers

Dale Smith

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 04:20:30 pm »
Yeah 2 of us, my brother & myself.

Ideal amount of custies is a tough one, as its really about quality over quantity (took me nearly a year to realise this  ;)), so at a guess I would say I would like another 150 residential, and maybe 30 more commercial..... that would be very nice.... ;D

Swindon, Wiltshire.

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »
I AM trad mate ;) thats why I want rid lol  ;D
when I'm cleaning windows

MNWC

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:54 pm »
 ;D ;D

prestigeclean

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 06:10:32 pm »
i will have completed 2 years in february and i am adding about £400.00 of new residential work each week now so i should hit my second target early next year , this is a very good business for sure regards alan

MNWC

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 06:44:04 pm »
Are you on the wind up

£400 of new work each week

Its not possible