Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick_Thompson

Just RO?
« on: October 06, 2008, 11:05:49 pm »
A few months ago I had some water tested that had past through an RO membrane and some water that had passed through both the RO and the resin chamber.

The results were that the RO water was virtually devoid of anything, but the DI water had a whole array of contaminants, namely: PCBs, benzene, asbestos, heavy metals, azo dyes, isopropyl alcohol, malonic acid, wheel bearing grease, motor oil, dissolved plastic and rubber, iron cyanides, methylene blue and a radioactive element.

There were other chemicals but these components of the DI water in particular have been noted for their suppression of the immune system. They were present in microscopic amounts but not so small as to be insignificant. Our bodies will slowly accumulate these toxins. Many diseases are a direct result of immune suppression including the big nasty one.

Anyway, since then I’ve been cleaning with just RO water (2-5 tds). Anyone else doing the same?
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Re: Just RO?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:17:54 pm »
I'm no expert on resins but some are apparently safe enough to drink the water after it's been over it, whilst other makes have been known to make some window cleaners ill after drinking it.
As for TDS levels with care you can get the same results with 5 as 0 if you take care.

WCE

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:31:43 pm »
A few months ago I had some water tested that had past through an RO membrane and some water that had passed through both the RO and the resin chamber.

The results were that the RO water was virtually devoid of anything, but the DI water had a whole array of contaminants, namely: PCBs, benzene, asbestos, heavy metals, azo dyes, isopropyl alcohol, malonic acid, wheel bearing grease, motor oil, dissolved plastic and rubber, iron cyanides, methylene blue and a radioactive element.

There were other chemicals but these components of the DI water in particular have been noted for their suppression of the immune system. They were present in microscopic amounts but not so small as to be insignificant. Our bodies will slowly accumulate these toxins. Many diseases are a direct result of immune suppression including the big nasty one.

Anyway, since then I’ve been cleaning with just RO water (2-5 tds). Anyone else doing the same?

What? There are different grades for resin. Some resins are for producing drinking water, others not. What has this got to to do with cleaning windows with it? Unless your suggesting that we can absorb these toxins through our skin then I really dont see where you are coming from. Also if the water went through the ro and then the resin wouldn't the ro remove these things anyway? Unless you are suggesting that the di resin reintroduces these contaminates to the water I fail to see your point.     
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 11:44:30 pm »
ROMan claim their resin is food grade and I take it that means totally safe to absorb into the body.
I guess some others get the same tds without concern for human consumption.
Yes we should be concerned as we do come into contact with the water we use.

Mr H

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:24:16 am »

Most of those chemicals are permitted in drinking water as trace elements or small quantities.

Regards
Mr H

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 08:53:05 am »

Resin does not contain these elements, it sounds 100% certain you have a refurbished di vessel. In other words second hand that has been used for the above applications.