This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

spark1

backpacks help please
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:47:32 pm »
Been wfp for 8yrs,just keeping up to date .
How good are backpacks, do people get there monies worth out of them, even though ive got van and tank would i benifit.
I do houses and commercial.
Your comments would be appreciated. :)

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: backpacks help please
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:26:11 pm »
I think on a 2 man setup on domestics a backpack is well worth it, working different places and moving the van a lot less. A one man set up and it's still good but only used to save reeling out tonnes. The only time I use it on commercial is to gain access to inaccesable windows with the hose. 

birdymiller

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:43:46 pm »
Ive had mine for 2 months and love it. I had a freedom trolley that i used as a trolley and a van mount but couldnt get on with hose reeling and snagging. So the backpack is perfect for my work, just under £180 from williamsons pumps.

dmlservices

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:57:14 pm »
started   with backpack, moved onto van mount, but still use backpack on quite a few jobs as it is quicker, i dont wear mine on my back though , i use it as a grab and go system, it has 15 mtrs algarde hose attached with schrader fittings , these connect to trigger on my pole , when transporting hose is wrapped round backpack, it is very flexible and sretchy, when i get to job i simply pull coils of in one go ,connect to trigger and away i go, together with van mount they are a very good piece of kit. used on its own for 2 yrs, and for the last year with van mount , so 3 yrs and still going strong, buy a spare battery if you get one, as there is no warning when it is flat , it simply stops.

daz

spark1

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:27:36 pm »
cheers guys, think i will get one.
Anything which makes certain jobs easy must be worth it,also i have someone working for me.

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 10:53:57 pm »
Backpack's are great - but you can only do a few window's properly with each full tank, for example five or six window's at the back of a house with a frame clean then the tank will be almost empty.

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:00:56 am »
Backpack's are great - but you can only do a few window's properly with each full tank, for example five or six window's at the back of a house with a frame clean then the tank will be almost empty.

i only use mine on stand alone jobs, or back of terraced houses , where dragging a hose would be a right pain, i never use now on houses that would require a refill, use van mount on those.

daz

pardu

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:59:54 pm »
haya ..
  are what seems to be the most popular backpack, thanks''