Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wrekin C S

Water question?
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:24:28 pm »
When purifying water what do you do with your waste water?

What would happen if I ran the waste water through the ro system again - anyone tried this?

NWH

Re: Water question?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:25:37 pm »
The ionic Pro 7 does the same.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:23 pm »
Would think your membranes wouldn't last very long.

matt

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:34:22 pm »
i ran my waste though my old RO ( after i had renewed them ) it worked well enough, the onyl downside was, i didnt flush the waste RO membrane and in the end it didnt take the TDS down below 50, so the resin was being used up fairly quick, i ditched it after that

Wrekin C S

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »
i ran my waste though my old RO ( after i had renewed them ) it worked well enough, the onyl downside was, i didnt flush the waste RO membrane and in the end it didnt take the TDS down below 50, so the resin was being used up fairly quick, i ditched it after that

Fair enough dont wanna burn out my RO - but at the same time im probably wasting as much water as I am purifying it - what can I use the waste water for as at the mo its going straight down the drain and im on a meter?

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:06:09 pm »
Washing the car & watering the garden.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:08:56 pm »
If the water is softened it wouldn't burn your membranes out just raise the output tds from the RO.

I feed about 50% back in, so saving on water and it raises the tds from 2 to 3 or 4 then it goes into the DI.  I've had the same 40 inch membrane on it for over 20 months with the membrane as good as new.

Simon.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 09:11:57 pm »
If the water is softened it wouldn't burn your membranes out just raise the output tds from the RO.

I feed about 50% back in, so saving on water and it raises the tds from 2 to 3 or 4 then it goes into the DI.  I've had the same 40 inch membrane on it for over 20 months with the membrane as good as new.

Simon.

Only thing with that is I purify my water in the garage so who would I get the pressure to run through ro the same as the tap?

spark1

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 09:20:18 pm »

Simon.
How often do you change your di resin?