This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Omnivac users
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:59:32 pm »
How much suction are you needing to clear your gutters? All three motors, one or two?

Kevin R

Re: Omnivac users
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:07:53 pm »
Depends on the height and how much rubbish is in them. Saying that on some single story buildings  I have needed all three motors and on some three story two motors have been enough.  One thing is for certain you will need all three.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:13:04 pm »
How much hose length are you using Kev? Initially i thought i could get away with a very short one but obviously this would mean towing the unit behind me every few feet. I'm going to try seven metres.

Kevin R

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:18:20 pm »
How much hose length are you using Kev? Initially i thought i could get away with a very short one but obviously this would mean towing the unit behind me every few feet. I'm going to try seven metres.

15 meters of 50mm. I have a short one for use in a cherry picker but the long bit is better for normal operation. Less machine moves the better in my opinion.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 06:02:10 pm »
Fifteen? Blimey thanks Kev. You are miles ahead of me, thanks for giving advice - really appreciated. Also everyone else for chipping in on other posts too.

Kevin R

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 06:03:57 pm »
Fifteen? Blimey thanks Kev. You are miles ahead of me, thanks for giving advice - really appreciated. Also everyone else for chipping in on other posts too.

;) your always welcome

Mr H

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 07:27:46 pm »
I'm not an Omnivac user but I use 10 meters.
As Kev said it depends on the height your working and how bad the gutter is as to how much suction you need. 3 X 1200 watt motors or larger. 1 main thing is having the control that comes with having more motors. To much suction could mean that the hose or attachment gets sucked to the base or side of the gutter.

Regards
Mr H

ftp

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 07:47:38 pm »
Mr H what was it you used to join the hose to the pole? My Sl2 had rubber caps that got discarded, later sections had foam caps.

Mr H

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 07:52:17 pm »
The hose that came wth the vac has a perfect fit connector on the end. Its not strong enough to stay on on its own so I used some black gaffer tape. Because both the hose and the pole are black you can't see the join.
Not had chance to properly look for something better yet. I know what I think will work well but its haveing the time to search for it.

Regards
Mr H

ftp

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 08:19:05 pm »
Your right, if i use the tube upside down the hose fits inside one end whilst the standard plastic nozzle holder fits the other. I've cut a collar from the foam protector and it seals it very well.

matt

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 08:21:54 pm »
have you got the hoover then ? ? ? ?

ftp

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 08:26:15 pm »
I have, few more bits to do and it will be finished. If i can do it anyone can! As regards making one it's very easy, especially as it's been done allready and there is plenty of good advice on here. As for using it well that could be the hard bit.  :)

Kevin R

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 08:33:59 pm »
Quote from: ftp link=top[quote
As for using it well that could be the hard bit.  :)

You said it baby  ;) ;D ;D ;D

What you gonna use for a tool on the gutter end?

ftp

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 08:48:18 pm »
That's one of the bits i still have to do. I'll be asking questions later.  ;)

Kevin R

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 08:52:31 pm »
pictures please  ;)

ftp

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 09:28:05 pm »
Hmmm i'm thinking....... i reckon aluminium, has to be able to be locked in position and capable of taking some weight of the pole so at times it can be dragged along the bottom of the gutter. A waggly bit of pipe on it's own is no good - too knackering to try and hover the pole above the gutter. Pole angle and head angle will be important to work together and kept at the optimum angle for the whole clean. Difficult to change pole angle once you've started i think. Need a selection too.
 Get my pop riveter out soon and source some pipe.