Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

dreamweaver
« on: October 06, 2008, 02:00:06 pm »
can anyone tell me of another program that will run on vista like dreamweaver just got vista and dreamweaver will not load up help

garyj

Re: dreamweaver
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:11:43 pm »
Be a shame to lose Dreamweaver especially if you are using it and confident with it. Are you running Microsoft Office as well because that seems to be the problem.

If it was me and I had to make a choice I would keep Dreamweaver and get rid of Microsoft Office and then use Open Office which is a free download and compatible and very similar to the Microsoft applications.

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:18:33 pm »
Be a shame to lose Dreamweaver especially if you are using it and confident with it. Are you running Microsoft Office as well because that seems to be the problem.

If it was me and I had to make a choice I would keep Dreamweaver and get rid of Microsoft Office and then use Open Office which is a free download and compatible and very similar to the Microsoft applications.
i am using the old version of office not the 2007 vesion is this the prob

garyj

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 02:34:48 pm »
Very likely, without having a trawl through Google there is an application in Microsoft Office that in some cases conflicts with Dreamweaver. It is fixed in the latest version but is not offered as a free fix, so it must have been pretty big. Updating Dreamweaver is just too expensive unless you are a web professional.
Have a search around and see if there are things you can take off Office you dont use to make Dreamweaver work.

In my opinion DW is the best editor out there, getting something else would be a backward step.
I also think Open Office is better then the Ms original version, it has all the features and more and  best of all it is free.

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:53:07 pm »
cheers m8

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:09:50 pm »
I personally would ditch vista

m.b.s.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 03:30:36 pm »
am doing new laptop going back inverter on screen has just packed upon me not happy at all
what a pile of rubbish

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:31:09 pm »

Yeah i did that when i bought a new computer base.

Formatted the HDD, installed XP - vista is a pile of bloated over rated tosh, thats not even fully supported, so no wonder you get installation and confliction issues.