This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Re: 25 Litre barrels - where?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 08:33:59 pm »
Here we go  ;D

Ian W

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 06:40:56 am »
If anybody wants a few, I have some going spare. I am in Portsmouth.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 09:53:20 am »
thanks guys ive ordered from cleantech,     

STIG, since i have upgraded to the new type freedom trolley with battery removed via the wheel last december i have just had my first prob with my trolley, knackered battery. thats it, you wont need a booster pump, the one on it is more than adequate,

Dave

stig

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 10:49:48 am »
cheers :)
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 11:58:36 am »
Hi Stig,

I've had my freedom trolley for just over a year now with no problems other than a puncture within the first month of using it. Someone had trimmed a blackthorn hedge and left a few trimmings lying on the floor and they were covered with leaves from nearby trees. A full barrel of water was heavy enough to force a thorn through the tyre. It was very tricky to repair and took some time so I bought a couple of spare wheels from Pure Freedom so that if it happens again I won't be wasting work time to repair it. I can replace it in seconds and repair the punctured one at leisure.

I've also fitted a spare barrel cap to the barrel hose to prevent sloshing. This works very well. It requires drilling a hole in the barrel cap for the hose to go through. The hole shouldn't be an airtight fit to the hose as air needs to get in as the water is coming out to prevent flow problems.

Also on the recommendation of others on the forum I've fitted a waterstop connector to the barrel hose and removed the tap. This reduces the airlock problem that some, including me have experienced when lifting the hose out of a nearly empty barrel. However you will still get the airlock if you let the water run right out. This is easily cleared though, by unplugging the pole hose from the trolley and opening the tap or valve on the output side [if using a waterstop connector on this side too] and turning the controller to full power for a few seconds when you've fitted a fresh barrel.

Hope this info is of use to you.

dmlservices

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 12:03:13 pm »
when i started i got 10- 25 ltr containers from the local car wash, they throw them away, just go in and see one of the lads,i gave him a fiver- so cost me 50p each . ;D

daz

stig

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 05:33:41 pm »
thanks for that m&c . cheers m8
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...