This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poole bay

van payload
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:15 pm »
hi whats the weight of 650 ltr of water in a van whats the pay load for the van i no there is loads of vans but the leagal limit for that weight.

Re: van payload
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:27:43 pm »
hi whats the weight of 650 ltr of water in a van whats the pay load for the van i no there is loads of vans but the leagal limit for that weight.

1 litre of water is approx 1kg, so if you have a 650litre tanks full of water its approx 650KG's in weight.

look here for your van..

www.whatvan.co.uk put in the make and model and and then look under dimensions for the max payload.

Dont forget max payload is anything you put in your van, NOT just the tank, but all equipments, personnel, and possibly the fuel amount too.. you will need to check with the manufacturers really!

tomy jackson

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 06:45:13 pm »
and the wate of empty tank and you and pasengers emtpty tank 60KG

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 07:04:33 pm »
You will need something with a payload over 1000kg the link you have been given is the one i used to check out vans and payloads

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 08:00:05 pm »
Just found out that my van is 1500kg payload (Hyundai H100)

Result!! ;D
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 08:05:13 pm »

Relay/boxer, transit 300, vivaro, vito sprinter will hold a 650l tank with cage your looking at about 700kg, then fuel person/persons in van and all added tools etc,
min 1000kg payload

poole bay

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 08:11:21 pm »
thanks guys i no where i am now cheers ;D

alanwilson

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 01:58:29 am »
utter twaddle from a group of guys who know nothing about payloads.

expert hdi with 650tank in cage plus driver plus gear  - checked it on weighbridge @ docks and well and truly under limit.

guys if you don't really know then don't comment
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 12:19:32 pm »

expert hdi with 650tank in cage plus driver plus gear  - checked it on weighbridge @ docks and well and truly under limit.

Thats gross weight  ::) Were talking about how much you can legally carry in the van aka the reply to the first question.

In order to use a weighbridge you need to know how it all adds up in the first place.  :-*

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

? I have a hdi with a 650L system in Alan ;)

alanwilson

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 05:01:20 pm »
chris I know what you are getting at - kerb weight/gross vehicle weight - the difference between the two is your payload etc.

my expert has a GVW of  2330kg, with a full 650ltr load of water, cage, me, other bits and bobs incl poles the total was less than 2300kg.

thats fully loaded and I was still below the payload - don't forget that after each building cleaned there is less and less water in the van.

window washers - so why did you list those other vans and not your own?

The number of guys who in the past have come out with ridiculous comments like needing a Trafic to hold a 400ltr tank, ask squeeky what size of tank he has in his Trafic/Vivaro.  a bigger tank doesn't cost any more to buy.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 07:04:05 pm »
alanwilson is right - the best way to solve this problem is to look under the bonnet, or in the door close, for the vehicle plate.  This will give the various figures you need. It should list the GVW (gross vehicle weight) and the GTW (gross train weight - including a trailer)

Load up your van with all the equipment you are going to carry, including the empty pure water tank.  Fill the fuel tank.

Take the van to the nearest public weighbridge (listed in Yellow Pages) sit in the van, with a passenger if you are going to have one as a rule, then weigh the van.  The difference between the weight recorded by the weighbridge and the GVW is the maximum amount of water you can put in it.

If you want to calculate before you install the tank, the suppliers should be able to give you accurate dry weights of any size of tank.