This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin R

Gutter Vac users
« on: October 04, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »
Those of you that use gutter vacs and camera systems.

Do you

Survey with the camera first then Vac and then survey again (separate poles)?

Do you record your surveys or just do them live?

Vac and survey with the camera on the same pole?

any other combo?

Thanks  ;D

jeff1

Re: Gutter Vac users
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:44:18 pm »
I'm not a gutter vac user but a lance user with cctv.

I survery first then clean.

I also offer just a survey service for £25, if they need a clean and except, then I drop the £25

Kevin R

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:46:26 pm »
I'm not a gutter vac user but a lance user with cctv.

I survery first then clean.

I also offer just a survey service for £25, if they need a clean and except, then I drop the £25

Is it a live survey Jeff? or can you record? 

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:49:52 pm »
I can record, I bought a portable dvd recorder from flebay.
When I first set up it was just live.

When the custy isn't home and I do a survey, I try to capture something on the recording that they reconise as there's, ie there garden a car, Just saves any bother of them saying are you shure that's my guttering.

Kevin R

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 10:53:36 pm »
I find it really hard to do live as concentrating on the monitor and the pole is hard work. I tend to set the camera system on record and then survey then playback.

A mate of mine was showing me some glasses with 2 small monitors in the other day you can connect them to a dvd player. I think they would be a good Idea. He got them on holiday as is not that keen for me to borrow them as yet.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 11:02:56 pm »
The camera does tend to wobble out of the guttering view now and again,
how I got over it was to rest my pole on the guttering edge, then angle the camera to view the guttering and then gently slide the pole along the guttering while its recording, this  work ok for me.

Kevin R

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 11:32:12 pm »
The camera does tend to wobble out of the guttering view now and again,
how I got over it was to rest my pole on the guttering edge, then angle the camera to view the guttering and then gently slide the pole along the guttering while its recording, this  work ok for me.

I do exactly the same, rest the pole on the gutter and pull it along. Helps to keep it at the right height to.

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 02:22:54 am »
Adjust your pole so it sits on your hip, this helps keep it at the correct height.

andrewwebb1

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 01:40:58 pm »
Jeff,

I see you provide a gutter survey service for £25, do you get much call for this as I was thinking of offering this to my customers?  Also is this for commercial or domestic?

Thanks,

Andy.

matt

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 01:49:10 pm »
why now get 1 of them " keyhole spy cams " for recording whilst you clean, they are very very small and lightweight, yes the picture isnt hi-def, but it will show the customer that they are being cleaned

of course for a paid for survery you will need a better camera

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 02:02:00 pm »
Jeff,

I see you provide a gutter survey service for £25, do you get much call for this as I was thinking of offering this to my customers?  Also is this for commercial or domestic?

Thanks,

Andy.
If I get asked about gutter cleaning then I do offer the service but I think I have had one or two customer take up the offer, the majority of them Just say Just clean it all because I do the externals as well.

If you do offer the service though remember to add the price of the survey onto the Job because you give it them back if they accept the Job, if they don't then you have £25 to cover your costs.

I did a large commercial guttering Job the other week and I offered the survey first but even they declined it and said Just do the Job.

Look on flebay for a portable DVD recorder and fit this to your system so you can show the custy if they take up the offer of a survey and their not home, saves you a fortune on commercially bought gear.

Another tip if you do surveys when no ones around, is get some of the premise or their car in with the shots so they can see its genuine and not just a DVD of guttering

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 03:25:10 pm »
could this vac be the future of gutter vac cleaning,
http://www.speedclean.com/BucketVac.html

fergus77

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 08:07:25 pm »
Kevin R,

Do you use the Omni-guttervac setup?

was thinking of investing in the comp package to open up more scope for jobs and better money.

What sort of prices do you guys charge for a standard 3 bed terrace etc?