This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin R

Omnivac release new attachment
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:47:28 pm »
Omnivac release new gutter tool attachment

One good thing about Omnivac compared to the other systems is the tooling available and that they are constantly developing and refining the system. Omnivac have just released this new tool. It is excellent for domestic and shallow commercial guttering. It is much lighter than the current loop tooling, however because of the sharper curve it is easier to block when attempting to remove heavy soilage from commercial / box gutters. However domestic gutters are so small with the massive 3600 watts motors this is not really a problem.

I have posted pictures of the new head and the looped hose tooling.

Re: Omnivac release new attachment
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:53:19 pm »
Nice idea, im off to B&Q tomorrow to diy one :P

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:56:26 pm »
That does look very like what I have just installed on my ibc tanks  :o.

Kev, on is the omnivac hose inside the pole then? for some reason I thought it would attach outside :-\

Kevin R

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:57:03 pm »
Nice idea, im off to B&Q tomorrow to diy one :P

Have fun getting the aluminum tubing. I have used a few made from plastic tube but they get trashed in no time. Cheaper to buy one from Omnipole.

Kevin R

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:58:35 pm »

Kev, on is the omnivac hose inside the pole then? for some reason I thought it would attach outside :-\

Hi Ian,

The pole is the hose (if you know what I mean) the vacuum tubing attaches to the bottom of the pole.

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 10:07:31 pm »
Ever tried scafolding aluminum tubing to diy one. ;D
It's easy to get.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 10:07:52 pm »

Hi Ian,

The pole is the hose (if you know what I mean) the vacuum tubing attaches to the bottom of the pole.
cheers, I did wonder how you would clean at 50ft with pole and hose aswell as I imagine that would be a nightmare to control on your own. I dont surpose you are up in the cambridgeshire/bedfordshire area using your vac soon so I could come and have a look ?

Ian

Kevin R

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 10:10:48 pm »
Ever tried scafolding aluminum tubing to diy one. ;D
It's easy to get.

A tad heavy  ;)

Hi Ian,

cheers, I did wonder how you would clean at 50ft with pole and hose aswell as I imagine that would be a nightmare to control on your own. I dont surpose you are up in the cambridgeshire/bedfordshire area using your vac soon so I could come and have a look ?

Ian

I find control is not an issue up to 4 stories and after that its a second man and a support pole just incase it falls really. 

Sorry Ian not in the area, but if your ever on hols in Devon your welcome to pop in  ;D

G & M

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 12:45:57 pm »
Ihave made a couple using white waste pipe from builder suppliers, a two inch one and a one" one. you can buy 90 or 45 degree bends and glue them on, you can also heat the pipe and bend it to suit.  You can get springs to insert in the pipes before you heat which allow you to bend and shape without collapsing the pipe. I find them a way lighter than the omnipole ones. You will have to modify the ends to fit  the aluminium pipes

Kevin R

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 12:47:23 pm »
got any pics?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »
Heres one I made earlier using the F16 ! (about a year ago) after some use I decided it was a bit of a toy and upgraded to Omni. Glyns tools are far far better.

Kevin R

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 04:08:05 pm »
Well Jeff, I must say I like the tyre. How did you find the mirror Idea?

I agree with you about Glyns tools they are much sturdier. Lightness is ok but in  combination with strength. I have made several tools (more so in the beginning)  but mine have never lasted as long as Glyns or been as easy to use. Mind you Im no engineer.

How did the F16 pole cope?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 04:48:10 pm »
Tyre was from a pet shop for dogs to chew  ;D  I use it to rest/hang/slide the pole on the edge of the gutter. F16 was brilliantly light but thereby was its problem. I have since fitted Glyns looped hose and although the c/f copes it gets a bit scary at height. For most jobs I use Omni alu which have a better "feel". Glyns tools also have different and better angles than the B&Q stuff.
What I would like to see developed is a heavier duty c/f 2.5" dia locking section modular, with an internal liner that would take the hammer that these tools get. But then its just as easy to use the alu section.

Just a note to all you newbies, its hard blxxxy work and some, thats why using the right tool makes the job slightly easier.

Kevin R

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 05:05:46 pm »
Hi Jeff,

A little tip, buy a inner section from Omnipole but have it cut into three sections. The reason for this is you don't need to double up the sections at certain heights, just add a small section instead. This makes the pole much lighter.

I would like to see a lighter section but as you said thicker cf and a liner would probably be as heavy at the Omni sections. Maybe Glyn has tried this?

Omni tools do take the stick all my original Omni tools are fine but I have destroyed a couple of my own.

Like you said having the correct tooling does make all the difference especially at height. It is heavy work but the pay packets are much better  ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 05:28:44 pm »
Cheers, I think you mentioned your tip at the Cleaning show, so I asked the lovely Andrea and she sent me them. ( see at least I do listen)

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 06:27:44 pm »

Kevin R

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 07:53:29 pm »
Some different size ally tubing on flebay.

www.stores.ebay.co.uk/MetalsDirectUK_Aluminium-tube_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ5632601QQftidZ2QQtZkm

It works out a bit expensive if you just want a 6 inch bit - plus all the other fittings, time, effort, etc etc.

You can get the whole tool for the cost of a couple of meters  ;)