This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: hot water heater
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 08:47:59 pm »
My mate vw mad , keeps spending money after money on it and it still don't run ,lol he's got to have a engine rebuild ,panels welded on,respary and it don't stop there as you know.
You have to post a pic so i can show him.

i will dig a pic out, funny enough i havent taken a pic since i did the respray, i have 1 of my peeling the masking tape off though, i will try and find it

wightsurf

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 09:06:33 pm »
Did you do the respray your self as this is only what we where talking about this afternoon.

matt

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 10:37:14 pm »
Did you do the respray your self as this is only what we where talking about this afternoon.

yes

ive never sprayed before in my life aswell ( apart from a odd rust sanded out of old cars owned by my brother )

i brought a portable garage 6 M X 3 M ( as my garage is just a standard size and not enough space to swing a cat in ) i put it up on my drive and brought a HVLP spray setup, prep'ed the van and shot the bottom half on 1 day then waited a week or 2 and did the top half

its a really good job, local VW guys thought it was done by a pro ;)

total spend about 300 quid for the whole lot, i still have the garage and spray gear for future projects ;)

wightsurf

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 10:49:10 pm »
Matt where did you get the garage , he will be well pleased if he thinks i have been look all over the place for one as this is what i said he should do but i said one of them things you put up in the garden, Gazibo! ;D

matt

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 02:17:46 pm »
they have them in costco fairly often, i know a few into the VW drag racing and they have them as pit tents

search on ebay aswell, they sell on ebay if you bid on them for about 100 - 125 quid

nice size aswell, as you can drive into them, they have enough head room above and over half a meter either side for spraying

the type from costco are the better of the type, they are more of a canvas material, on ebay look for a guy called Outdoor-Line-Store ( advanced search for ebay stores ), 145 quid delivered from him, ive just checked