Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

sl 2
« on: October 03, 2008, 07:43:26 pm »
Just sold my tucker and going to buy a sl 2 on monday  ;D 

Captain Scarlet

Re: sl 2
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 08:00:40 pm »
good move, but please tell me you kept the brush? I use the SL-2 and while the tucker brush is a little too heavy for that 35ft+ I use it on my SL-X, its the best brush by far! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:02:57 pm »
You could of told me this, :o before i sold it.

Mr H

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:25:34 am »
Just sold my tucker and going to buy a sl 2 on monday  ;D 

A very wise executive decision......

jaykie

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 08:31:03 am »
i might have to join you on this one if i get a few contracts ive just quoted, wasnt too keen on getting this pole but everyone seems to praise it.

Unless Alex wants to sell me that 45 foot slx thats in his work shop.

Chris

LWC

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 09:41:08 am »
you wont regret it, fantastic pole

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 07:53:44 pm »
I have some nice jobs that needed that pole but i want to try and get into the vac club ;D I have ask a few of my larger jobs what they think and it seems the interest is good as well as a few quotes to do.

Kevin R

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 10:42:45 pm »
I have some nice jobs that needed that pole but i want to try and get into the vac club ;D I have ask a few of my larger jobs what they think and it seems the interest is good as well as a few quotes to do.

I have an SL2 its excellent for wfp. I tried Mr H's for vac work and it has to be said its very light.

I got started with the Vac by asking all my existing customers first.  A little tip - much the same as wfp, practice on your house and your  relatives houses first as the learning curve is a bit steeper than wfp. One of my initial mistakes is I tried to do four storey work too early and I struggled. If you can do a couple of bungalows first with a mate and a ladder set up you will learn much quicker how to position yourself and the tool tip to get the best results before you go higher.

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 10:53:52 pm »
My problem is i have been asked to quote for three and four storey work.I thought i would test the water and they seemed to think i had it and wanted a quote asp. i dont want to turn the possibility of extra work down so i'm now looking at thebest way forward for me.

Kevin R

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 10:56:36 pm »
My problem is i have been asked to quote for three and four storey work.I thought i would test the water and they seemed to think i had it and wanted a quote asp. i dont want to turn the possibility of extra work down so i'm now looking at thebest way forward for me.

Im not suggesting turning the work down but a couple of hours practice spent before doing the job will pay dividends. Its just a case of "going prepared" if you like  ;)

wightsurf

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 11:05:36 pm »
Do you have the camera on a different pole or on the same one as the vac, as i was thinking how do you know where the vac is when working on your own?

Kevin R

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 11:30:56 pm »
Do you have the camera on a different pole or on the same one as the vac, as i was thinking how do you know where the vac is when working on your own?

I use the camera on a different pole. I dont watch the vac with the camera at all. You get used to how it feels and where the tip of the tool is and what its doing quite quickly. After I think the gutter is clear I use the camera again to make sure its clear. It usually is nowadays (it never was when I started though)