Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Re: Lost money
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 10:22:13 am »
Only £20, but it really annoyed me because...

... They were a customer I had been going to for 2 years, they seemed really nice - One day I went and cleaned the windows, left a bill with an envelope (as per normal when they were out) - Waited a few weeks, no cheque, popped round to see them and they had moved!!!  >:(

Andy

ma159

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 11:41:32 am »
I have only been going a year but always work with the idea that I am happy that if I cant catch them this month will be happy to double up next but never more than this.

If they owe you a lot best way to catch them in is to call at odd hours - Sunday am, late evening and say that you were just passing and thought you would try!!!

paul beckett

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 12:24:05 pm »
isnt it true the richest people are the most tight

well i live in a well off area, because i'm staying with mother at the moment , because she is very ill at the moment.
and you are definetely right the rich are bloody tight there right miser's. they moan about putting an extra pound into the bill. this the only area i dont get tips over christmas either, i just dont belive how tight they are, no wonder there rich. when asking for the extra pound,  they look at you with a face which looks like a smacked ass :o :o :o

seandyer2003

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 03:19:01 pm »
I had a weird one a few weeks back, its only £8.00 but it really winds me up because of the way she did it... Her son asked me too do windows, and he paid, then he moved out, but i continued as id seen the mum a few times and figured everything was fine as she never said stop, anyway i call for money, and she says call friday , this happened 2-3 times but i didnt clean again as i had guessed that she were being awkward, anyway a week or two ago i see her in front garden while im doing a neighbour and walk over and say has she got the money "what money?, window money - "I never asked you too clean them" - no but your son did and you knew i was doing them "well get paid of whoever told you to do them, i dont have a son" - I asked a neighbour and it turns out she does have a son, she has 2- so shes just lieing.... it really winds me up as yo cant do anything, its not that its just 8.00, its how people can decide not to pay and you cant do bugger all about it, the only action you can take would cost 10 x that so its not fair but at least i know never to clean there again, and no other wc will as i do nearly evry house, and no one has worked there for years anyway !!!!

Rant Over   :)

Tim82

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 04:42:33 pm »
I have only been going a year but always work with the idea that I am happy that if I cant catch them this month will be happy to double up next but never more than this.

If they owe you a lot best way to catch them in is to call at odd hours - Sunday am, late evening and say that you were just passing and thought you would try!!!

Wise words ;) I do usually collect evenings if i need to but  i wasnt going to waste my time driving 15 mins all the way to hers especially to find her in!

elite mike

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 05:29:15 pm »
if you lose money ,big or small amounts,

its always  annoying  >:(

martinsadie

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 05:40:35 pm »

yeh i still havnt got over the 2p i lost last week  ;D ;D

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 06:57:56 pm »
I lost £800 to some window-licker from here today  :(

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:50 pm »

;D ;D  tight-arsed

tell us more matt

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 09:27:45 pm »

;D ;D  tight-arsed

tell us more matt

I recently advertised some work on here, about £400 worth.

I had a few enquiries. One of the guys rang and although he hadnt seen the work starrted trying to negotiate the price downwards. I wa adamant I wasnt going to budge, I was only selling it at 2x the works value and it is at least £35.00 an hour. Anyway, I told him to go away and think about it. Later that day I spoke to a couple of others on here, who were both interested. One of them really WANTED it (nice guy, Steve) but couldnt get to see him til the saturday.

So the first guy phones back and says he'll have it but I say 'sorry mate Ive got osmeone else I closing it out on Saturday. He said, 'look, Ill take it, its a deal, you can have the £800.00, PLEASE dont sell it to anyone else' Jesus, so I didnt.

Anyway after another call or two, I arranged to meet the first guy on Monday night, I was going to take him round the houses, knock, introduce etc. Exchange the cash, deal done.

He rolls up and starts trying to move the goal-posts. Re-negotiate. So much for 'We got a deal, dont sell it to anyone else' I was livid.

What a

he wouldnt even walk round the houses, he had no intention of buying the round, he didnt even have enough money on him to pay for half the round, BUT he wanted  to take all the cards away with him!!...........(He might be a mug but that dont mean I am)

AGAIN....

what a

So I called the deal off.

Half an hour later he rings me 'Sorry Matt, look we had our wires crossed, the deals still on. I'll meet you anywhere, I dont want to inconvenience you (oh really?) anywhere, and bring the £800, its a deal'.

So I says , stupidly, okay. I emailed him where to meet me today. But alarm bells started ringing when he didnt even reply to the e-mail. He didnt ring today either.

So I rang him. His words were, bearing in mind Id turned others away when he begged me to, after he promised it was deal, after he swore he regretted how things had turned out,

'Sorry, deals off'

Well, thanks for letting me know (See ya next tuesday)

He is called slrobo on here (Simon Roberts, School Road, Crowthorne in real life). And if he disputes anything I say here he can sue me for liable. I recorded the phone conversation where he promised me the £800, I believe also that means we had a verbal contract, which is enforcable by law, but the Judge'll decide that ;D

In my opinion he's a charlatan, a windup merchant, a total arse......but Ive always believed what goes around comes around; one day he'll trip up when he meets someone with a shorter fuse than me.

Matt

seandyer2003

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 09:34:19 pm »
Sounds like a right turkey

Whats with the cock pictures :)

elite mike

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 09:58:22 pm »
i would offer  to take him diving with you matt  ;)  ;D

sounds like he needs gutting ;D

elite mike

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 10:27:00 pm »
was he called jonah ,in a previous life :'(

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 10:30:37 pm »
Its a 'Jonah' run around scenario isnt it  ;)

his excuse was 'Thats business'

My thoughts were C U Next Tuesday   ;)

Mr.G

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 10:37:30 pm »
£16, for 2 cleans, the rotten cow lives just round the corner, every time I pass the house it hurts!  at one stage I was going round twice a day asking for it, she was always "short of money"  I've given up now, lifes too short.

alanwilson

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 11:26:08 pm »
when people owe money and won't pay, don't get mad - get even.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

matt

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 12:45:06 pm »
i have just had a 28 quid cheque bounce on me, the postie delivered the news about 10 mins ago

seandyer2003

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 01:27:00 pm »
i have just had a 28 quid cheque bounce on me, the postie delivered the news about 10 mins ago

ouch , its gonna cost them as much in charges too, and be pretty embarassing

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 02:14:21 pm »
The most I have lost is £55. Guy promised to send a cheque.....and moved house the next day.

Scumbag.
The only good thing was that I had been charging a good high price for the job for 2 years before that.
Still made me furious, now I would shrug and move on it's healthier

richyp

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 03:44:20 pm »
600 notes from 1 house