This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim82

Lost money
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:47:03 pm »
 Whats the most you have lost due to customers not paying, moving away etc? I am currently trying to get £80 off a woman who is avoiding me. Thats my record at the moment (I hopefully wont be silly enough to let it get that much in future)  It really stings!

simon knight

Re: Lost money
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:51:21 pm »

£20

Like the mug I am I accepted a cheque which bounced. Bank didn't tell me until 10 days after I'd paid it in by which time the custy had buggered off back to Holland.

Oh well ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:52 pm »
Whats the most you have lost due to customers not paying, moving away etc? I am currently trying to get £80 off a woman who is avoiding me. Thats my record at the moment (I hopefully wont be silly enough to let it get that much in future)  It really stings!

£70.  It was for one clean.
However, a couple of years later, I was delighted to hear that he had been taken for 6 million.
Couldn't happen to a nicer bad person.

Tim82

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:11:33 pm »
isnt it true the richest people are the most tight

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:43:27 pm »
£630 3 months cleaning at a block of flats the management company cant pay me as there is no money in the fund so we have stopped all work on this site.

as she told me" we will pay you when we pay you" thats the best she can do.

as the flats have been in the red on the maintanance fund for 1 year

that sucks big time

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 08:44:48 pm »
I now have a rule: Up to £10 the custy can "pay me next time"...but if they don't there's NO 3rd clean until they anti-up.

This way worst case scenario I lose £20...which I can live with.

birdymiller

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:43:12 pm »

No

It is in my book

mark311069

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:06:19 pm »

YES

spark1

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 10:27:55 pm »

No its the middle classes who think there rich,and think they own bigger houses than window cleaners. ;D

jon adams

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 10:49:57 pm »
everybodys view is different

Jon

geefree

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 11:07:50 pm »

simon knight

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

My mum's what I'd call middle class and as tight as a gnats arse. She'll happily walk half a mile in the pouring rain to save 4p on a tin of baked beans...haggles whenever she gets the chance...in her house lights are off in every room except the one she is in...when I visit it's bloody freezing in the house because she refuses to put on the heating until it's around minus 2 degrees C. And then only to bring the temperature up to +4 degrees ::)..and then it's off again!

Trust me she's not poor...just really careful with her money.

Thank God she is!....this is my inheritance we're talking about ;D

She used to have a window cleaner until muggins here took it up...bi-monthly I do them...paid?..yeah right!

Yep the middle class are easily the worst imo.

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 05:04:24 pm »

My mum's what I'd call middle class and as tight as a gnats arse. She'll happily walk half a mile in the pouring rain to save 4p on a tin of baked beans...haggles whenever she gets the chance...in her house lights are off in every room except the one she is in...when I visit it's bloody freezing in the house because she refuses to put on the heating until it's around minus 2 degrees C. And then only to bring the temperature up to +4 degrees ::)..and then it's off again!

She used to have a window cleaner until muggins here took it up...bi-monthly I do them...paid?..yeah right!

Just think, that money shes not paying you is earning interest in the bank for you at a later date :P

simon knight

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 05:11:11 pm »

Just think, that money shes not paying you is earning interest in the bank for you at a later date :P

Didn't think of that ;D ;D

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 08:52:53 am »
probably only about a tenner, I really dont give people an inch when it comes to this, you end up losing to much money.

gerard  :)

Dean Taberner

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 02:06:10 pm »
£6712 for cleaning boots and abbey nationals that i never got paid for :( >:(

Totally conned by  woman who subbed off maclellan,
paid fine to start with but then just stopped!

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Tim82

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 04:59:14 pm »
Wow that last ones a stonker  :-\...thanks for the supplies

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 06:09:29 pm »
£6712 for cleaning boots and abbey nationals that i never got paid for :( >:(

Totally conned by  woman who subbed off maclellan,
paid fine to start with but then just stopped!

Dear God why did you let it get to that level?

Tim82

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 10:01:25 am »
 Update:  Finally got paid from her after over a year of knocking when I was cleaning next door! She paid me £40 (half of it) and said she had complained and cancelled (which she hadn't) after the first clean. And just didn't bother cancelling "again" and let me keep coming a few more cleans! All the while with a smug look on her face. She even had the nerve to say she preferred her previous window cleaner because he was "nicer"! (I'm a very polite person). Anyway, just shows persistence pays off sometimes!