Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slash

Pure Freedom System
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:19:57 pm »
My system from Pure Freedom has a normal 100 PSI Shurflo pump BUT has the another Shurflo 100 PSI pump as a booster pump,my water preasure is 35-40  but when I am filling the tank from the mains through the booster pump it reads 30 but notice when the battery needs to be charged the water preasure goes up to 35,does the booster pump (100 PSI SHURFLO) restrict the water in some way,another WC I know has the same water preasure from mains but uses a booster pump and brings his up to 70,has anybody else got the Pure Freedom system with a 100 PSI Shurflo as a booster pump :-\

easycleaner

Re: Pure Freedom System
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:59:45 pm »
Hi, got two systems same set up. Is the gauge before the pump. If it is the pump is sucking the water passed it. The gauge reads the tap water pressure only. My system works fine just dont to much notice of the gauge.
Mart.

Xline Systems

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:38:29 am »
the booster does not ristrict the water pressure in any way. sounds to me like there is something not right mate

Slash

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:50:30 am »
The preasure gauge is before the booster pump,I don't know if the normal 100 PSI pump is supposed to be used as a booster pump but I guess it reads the mains preasure,like I say when the battery is low the preasure seems to go up another 5-10 PSI on the gauge so when the battery is fuilly charged the reading is lower or is a coincidence the preasure goes up and down,the tank takes about 4 hours to fill on a gauge reading of 30 PSI

Xline Systems

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:08:02 am »
without seeing your system mate its hard to be sure, but from what you are telling me something does not add up. where you based mate, if near notts pop it down ile have a look with pleasure

Slash

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 03:06:31 pm »
In Surrey but as easycleaner says it reads the mains preasure only so I guess everything is fine .............I hope :D

alanwilson

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 03:21:57 pm »
Is the ro a 4040?

If so the booster pump needs to be a minimum of 11ltr/min and 100psi - if the flow rate is less then what is happening is that there is no build up of back pressure due to the faster flow rate of a 4040.

My guess is that the pump you are using as a booster pump is 5 or 6 ltr a minute with a pressure switch setting of 100psi.  These pumps are not suitable for boosting a 4040 - for that you are much better off with a jet pump or centrifugal pump.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Slash

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 06:36:42 pm »
It is a 4040 and is filling the tank at a ratio of 1 and 3/4 litres a minute but the waste is obviously higher,the system was pre assembled and fitted at the Adepta work place but am sure they would'nt cut corners,they are very respected in the industry and I feel they know their stuff therefor must be a reason for fitting that particular pump as a booster pump,the same one I have on my trolly and system to the pole.

alanwilson

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 01:52:51 am »
try a centrifugal or jet pump, as long as it has a maximum head height of 50mtrs or more it will be plenty, I've heard of guys using centrifugal or jet pumps with a head height of as low as 35mtrs but usually these only have a 350/400w motor (0.5hp) so it will work the pump motor quite hard.

I use a grundfos centrifugal pump, head height 76mtr and I can easily boost my twin 4040 system to 110psi but normally run it at 90psi which gives me an output of about 550ltrs an hour (nearly 10ltrs a minute) with a tds reduction of 98%.

you should be getting (with the correct booster pump) an output of 200-300ltrs/min and minimum of 95% tds reduction.

the only reason they (adepta) fit the 12V shurflo diaphragm pump is because you can run it off your leisure battery.  waste of time in my opinion.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 02:00:07 am »
It is a 4040 and is filling the tank at a ratio of 1 and 3/4 litres a minute but the waste is obviously higher,the system was pre assembled and fitted at the Adepta work place but am sure they would'nt cut corners,they are very respected in the industry and I feel they know their stuff therefor must be a reason for fitting that particular pump as a booster pump,the same one I have on my trolly and system to the pole.
100 psi pump (I am guessing sureflow is not suitable as a booster pump as Alan says, I have tried thsi myself it slows down the water production and really does not work, I good booster pump will fill 650L pure in about 2 hours if that, I am guessing you have the same sort of system as me as the van that has that in is a 4040 from purefreedom (adepta E )

Ian

Slash

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 10:08:47 am »
Yes Ian,do you have the same pump as a booster one or did you change it or maybe your water preasure is good,mine is low,it does run off a 12 volt battery and automatically switches off when full,I am not in any way familiar with electrics and don't want to damage anything but I do need a better pump,one that can be replaced with the one I have but still switches off when tank is full ,I mean run off the battery too but with a greater output,why do they fit these pumps if they are not doing any good ???

alanwilson

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 03:09:03 pm »
slash

Is your RO unit in the van?

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 03:16:20 pm »
Yes Ian,do you have the same pump as a booster one or did you change it or maybe your water preasure is good,mine is low,it does run off a 12 volt battery and automatically switches off when full,I am not in any way familiar with electrics and don't want to damage anything but I do need a better pump,one that can be replaced with the one I have but still switches off when tank is full ,I mean run off the battery too but with a greater output,why do they fit these pumps if they are not doing any good ???
the prseeure is fine it is the flow that is lacking, I tried the same thing with mine, 100psi pump on battery, you can get better booster pumps with an auto cut out unsure if they do a 12v one though,. the one I used after the 100psi one was mains and boy did that fill the tank quick.

I know have statics and a van mount so best of both worlds really.

Ian

Slash

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 05:03:45 pm »
slash

Is your RO unit in the van?

Yes,I just plug the main feed through the portholes underneath the back bumper and forget about it

alanwilson

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 01:50:26 am »
thats why they fitted the 12v diaphragm pump - what you want to do is take it out of the circuit, buy a centrifugal or jet pump, connect it into your hose from your tap water to ro unit and boost the water that way - if you buy one with a pressure switch then it will cut out when the tank is full (I'm assuming you have a solenoid fitted)

fill times will drop dramatically

Slash

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 07:14:00 am »
Yes, there is a solenoid fitted,I could connect the tubes together where the pump was but don't understand how that will cut off when tank is full,the solenoid is at the top of the tank and a wire runs from it to the pump therefore when the pump is removed where does the wire go :-\

alanwilson

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 05:06:32 pm »
the solenoid is different to the pump - it is normally a brass fitting with a small plastic box on top.  I don't have a pic of mine but I'm sure someone else will have a pic of one.