This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian_Giles

Re: Sacked for being too quick
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 05:24:52 pm »
I've had the "Gosh, you were quick!" thing loads of times....going back 25 years when I was trad!!
I remember ripping around a dormer bungalow property in 15 minutes (she timed me) and when I knocked on the door asking for my £3.75 she also exclaimed, "do you always earn £15.00 an hour? I think that's disgusting!"
At the time I really didn't know how to answer her, and as the years passed I was always a bit flummoxed as to how to reply without appearing rude  :-\

Most of the time of course it is just their interpretation of how long it took and not how long it 'really' took.
Now I just go along the route others have mentioned on here, higher running costs, high investment and so on, or say thank you for noticing and tell them it has taken me years to get that fast! ;D
I will also tell them my prices are competitive and my work is top notch...seems to work for me anyway ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

chrismyrie

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 05:43:32 pm »
 I remember when i first started w/c  I used to just fill a bucket and sling my ladders on the van and away i went cleaning windows. Now I have to make pure water, check tds readings fill the van, check filters ,etc etc . It all takes time and they dont see that, they also dont see the amount of time that window cleaners spend on forums like this  ;D ;D ;D, so" bugger em" .

Paul Coleman

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 12:47:13 am »
I've had this "too quick" thing sometimes too.  A couple of times when they've said "that was quick", I've replied with "Yes.  I'm getting pretty good at this".

Londoner

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 07:04:34 am »
We are dealing with the great British public here and you are going to get all kinds of problems over a period of time because thats what people are like.
I never worry too much because I expect to find a few who simply don't like me or the way I work. Its life. It takes all sorts to make a world.